Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,011 members, 7,960,214 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 03:06 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (835462 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:14pm On Jan 30, 2008
MyPeace:

abi market never close smiley, everywhere is quiet, no info.

You no here say elephant enter market and cause katakata for the place.

Allow the effect of the elephant enterance to cool down first.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 2:14pm On Jan 30, 2008
kc08:

ANYONE THERE, need a life line grin undecided

UBA, Oceanic, FBN, take your pick, no come die for here o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:21pm On Jan 30, 2008
easimoni:
The thing baffle me no be small. I bought small at 7.50 thinking it'd take 2-3 months to RORO/CICO/GIGO (do I sense Fo2 smirking, saying "this fundamentalist dey CICO?"wink. Now, 6 wks l8r, I'm about to pull the trigger. I don't think the 200+% PAT growth rate is sustainable (revenue is growing at 70%) and therefore a forward PE of 40 is not justifiable (my opinion)

You catch me for there.

fatherof2:

My dear brother pumping,na lagos state govt. get julius berger shares oh.Its hardly available.
Try not to focus on these illiquid stocks.Don't you see they always have the highest YTD % change.
20,000 can make JB or Costain jump 5% tomorrow.You'll never get to buy.
Anybody on this thread can make Chellarams move 5% tomorrow tomorrow.
If you were doing serious margin trading,you'll understand the power of volume

@ Windywendy
  The post above was made on Dec.17 2007 at 7:21pm in a response to pumping.
As you can see,no be two days ago i start to dey dislike Chellarams.You can see the reasons attached.
Na same reason i put again.
And the post when follow am sef na your own. "MY THOTS EXACTLY". Remember.
If chellarams make 3000% profit on N100,000 to make am swell to N300000 in 4years.
Wetin be N200k profit in 4years,when banks dey where you can pump N5m, e go move 8% in one week and you go end up with same 4% profit in 1 WEEK.
I no know oh, e be like na you dey translate another meaning oh.
BUT ON THE OTHERHAND,IF I WAN LOOK FOR TROUBLE,E NO TOO HARD,NA TWO TIMES YANGA COME LOOK FOR TROUBLE FOR HIA.
I NO GO FORGET SOMETIME LAST YEAR, WEN YANGA COME LOOK FOR TROUBLE WEN E DEY SLEEP.

But really i think you read my post in a different way.No forget i dey do short term volume,so Chellarams no go fit be my friend.
Most of my time,i dey smile with my daily activities. Smiling and happiness dey make man handsomer and handsomer i know say them go fire this english

@ Tonyjon
I like that your friday strike.Eterna na quick one for me.Though i no sell all. I just collect the 25% when i make so i fit reserve am for me and wife holiday with d two pikins.Na PHB i dey wait for.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cmi(m): 2:23pm On Jan 30, 2008
@kc08 - what's ur query?  Let it out - u'll be surprised at d no of responses u'll get.  Ask, I believe you shall receive more than you desire!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 2:32pm On Jan 30, 2008
@

even twr stockbrokers never update their price list (albeit incorrect). wetin de happen
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2008
Hello FatherOf2,
Welldone-o, abeg, I wan ask you for which stock you go suggest make I put small money for shortterm run (0-3months, and everything inbetween-na your word be that-o). or you can mail me at teekachi at yahoo dot com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Surprises: 2:36pm On Jan 30, 2008
pumping777:

Well, I am always amused by this reasoning. It has no basis but simply because a lot of people believe this, it keeps driving up the price of stocks with lower nominal prices.

Volume means nothing if you don't factor in the price. N1M worth of First Bank today is that same worth as N1M worth of LawUnion. The number of units mean nothing.

@Pumping777,  you may be truly amused by the reasoning, but you will agree that another factor to consider in selecting stocks for short to medium term is MARKET PSYCHOLOGY.  The way people reason and indeed what people believe have a great impact on the NSE and indeed any other market any where in the world.  The role that share BONUS plays on NSE is a good example.  But plus and minus, stock trading is a game of volume.  What a sound Penny stock will give you in a week for same amount will be different from what a blue chip stock will give.  Considering price and growth prospect, I think that is why you chose AG Leventis and C & I Leasing as well as Japaul?  Or do you have another reason?  Please share, we learn every day.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 2:36pm On Jan 30, 2008
wanaj0:

You no here say elephant enter market and cause katakata for the place.

Allow the effect of the elephant enterance to cool down first.

mmh make e cause plenty katakata for oceanic, so that my broker can buy cheaper cheesy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bjluv: 2:41pm On Jan 30, 2008
@hispy99, I heard Afrinvest was bought over by UBA. I am thinking of Diamond Securities, Trust Yield Securities or Citi Invest but I still need more info before I leap cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:43pm On Jan 30, 2008
Surprises:

@Pumping777,  you may be truly amused by the reasoning, but you will agree that another factor to consider in selecting stocks for short to medium term is MARKET PSYCHOLOGY.  The way people reason and indeed what people believe have a great impact on the NSE and indeed any other market any where in the world.  The role that share BONUS plays on NSE is a good example.  But plus and minus, stock trading is a game of volume.  What a sound Penny stock will give you in a week for same amount will be different from what a blue chip stock will give.  Considering price and growth prospect, I think that is why you chose AG Leventis and C & I Leasing as well as Japaul?  Or do you have another reason?  Please share, we learn every day.

@Pumping has mentioned this before as well - setiments sometimes favour all this small cap stocks.

It is true that 25% appreciation gives you the same amount irrespective of the stock you buy , but when you factor in the ease at which a stock like LawUnion or Aglevntis easily gains 5% daily unlike a First bank that moves at snail speed, but eventualyy gains 25% after 3 months, you may have a rethink.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 2:44pm On Jan 30, 2008
bjluv:

@hispy99, I heard Afrinvest was bought over by UBA. I am thinking of Diamond Securities, Trust Yield Securities or Citi Invest but I still need more info before I leap cheesy

Afrinvest UK was bought over by UBA; AfrinvestWA is a separate entity and they are the ones I deal with.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2008
bjluv:

l use Citi Invest Cap, no wahala with them for now. l no no tomorrow ooh grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 2:56pm On Jan 30, 2008
MyPeace:

what's the minimum to open with Citi Invest Cap?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2008
Surprises:

Yes, I am amused by the reasoning but I am not contesting that it helps move the price of low cap stocks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 3:00pm On Jan 30, 2008
Ola007:

what's the minimum to open with Citi Invest Cap?

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 3:02pm On Jan 30, 2008
MyPeace:

Where is the website and do they have online access?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 3:06pm On Jan 30, 2008
@
 father of 2,
         Gudafternoon, how,s your day? pls could u tell me more about this thomaswy under computer sector, is it on ts? pls kindly treat my request, i will be very happy to hear back from you soon. because i,m about giving a mandate in regards to it,s purchase. thanks for your understanding.
@
any other person in the house with concrete info about the above request should as well  help out. thanks to all you reading me now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 3:07pm On Jan 30, 2008
@ Wanaj0

Based on your advice, I jump commot for Lasaco flight (with about 175kg) come carry small excess luggage join am take enter Unic flight. The flight too sweet jare! Abegi no leave me inside this flight commot o.  grin grin grin

Despite the bad result, since 18th of January the thing don gain about 20%, ride on UNIC!!! NSE is too unique

Once again, The guru of all gurus thanks for always being there.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 3:18pm On Jan 30, 2008
@

make i ask again, wetin de happen 4 market 2day? abi Ndidi don de do this them meeeting again?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:23pm On Jan 30, 2008
bigjay01:

make i ask again, wetin de happen 2day 4 NSE, abi Ndidi don de do this them meeeting again?

I was just about to ask. Abi una get public holiday because super chickens Eagles finally won a game. E no dey tay for Naija Govt to declare public holiday.

crazyT:

Despite the bad result, since 18th of January the thing don gain about 20%, ride on UNIC!!! NSE is too unique

Yes, the NSE is too Unic! tongue Make sure you get out soon. TS is knocking on the door of all Ins coys.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bjluv: 3:26pm On Jan 30, 2008
MyPeace:

Thanks MyPeace. How is their online facility? Can I view my portfolio online and how is their executing times? Prompt? grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oore(m): 3:27pm On Jan 30, 2008
@ Frankiriri,
My condolences, may the Lord grant you and your family grace to bear this loss. It is well with your soul.

@AKTOPGUN,
The prayer of the righteous availeth much, it is well with your son and household in Jesus name.

@all,
I salute oh. This thread has been bullish and it is not losing steam at all. The people inside plane(s) no gree. I pray say the bullish trend carry our portfolios to higher levels.
For people who cannot wait to see the result, you can visit CSCS website for the gainers and loser pending the regular website update theirs
Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2008
easimoni:

Yes, the NSE is too Unic! tongue Make sure you get out soon. TS is knocking on the door of all Ins coys.

EASI thanks for the advice, TS keh! My fly no dey follow corpse enter grave o  grin, I am out the moment e enter 25%
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 3:35pm On Jan 30, 2008
Ola007:

Where is the website and do they have online access?
[/quote][quote author=bjluv link=topic=31554.msg1902949#msg1902949 date=1201703199]
Thanks MyPeace. How is their online facility? Can I view my portfolio online and how is their executing times? Prompt? grin

No, you can't view your porfolio online for now, but they send weekly stock valuation and statement of account.  You send your buy/sell orders by email.  www.citiivestcap.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 3:35pm On Jan 30, 2008
UNIC INS. gained the full 5% today  grin

Happy Investing!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 3:36pm On Jan 30, 2008
MyPeace:

No, you can't view your porfolio online for now, but they send weekly stock valuation and statement of account. You send your buy/sell orders by email. www.citiivestcap.com

The site no gree open o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 3:38pm On Jan 30, 2008
ok, i omitted a letter

citiinvestcap.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Cookeclos: 3:45pm On Jan 30, 2008
Gurus in the house, i just got a call from my broker that my dangote flour and nahco monies has been returned, plsssssssssssssssss i need your help, what penny stock can i invest all the monies, every suggestion will be appreciated
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 3:46pm On Jan 30, 2008
crazyT:

UNIC INS. gained the full 5% today grin

Happy Investing!!!

bobs u de y floor?, most sites r still reporting yesterday's price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Talktrue(m): 3:47pm On Jan 30, 2008
@ Crazy T
Where u from see the result for today's trading.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 3:49pm On Jan 30, 2008
Na special connection grin check it on CSCS

http://www.cscsnigerialtd.com/modules.php?name=Gainers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ricki: 3:50pm On Jan 30, 2008
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.