Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,202 members, 7,936,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 08:54 PM

Nigeria Will Never Stop Us, We Must Play In Nations Cup - Mozambique - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Will Never Stop Us, We Must Play In Nations Cup - Mozambique (683 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 / European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Will Never Stop Us, We Must Play In Nations Cup - Mozambique by smile4kenn(m): 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2009
Mozambique's next game is away against Nigeria. Nooij believes Mozambique should have beaten in their openning game in Maputo which ended goalless.

"I think the referee was protecting Nigeria by disallowing a crystal clear goal, so I think the Nigerians will be worried about us coming" he said.

"In Tunisia too we had a penalty given against us which was pure theatre, but that can happen. Afterwards the Tunisian public gave a big round of applause for Mozambique, so they will be worried when they come to Maputo".

Nooij believes his team will be able to show Africa something in Angola.

"Most west African teams play with huge strong muscular guys," he said.

"We are playing with some four or five tiny little guys who are rather quick. we are coming to Nigeria to get our own share of the cake, just as they gave the world cup cake to Tunisia

"We will play Mozambican football with Brazilian spirit and with the Dutch view and show that Mozambique is able to play very good football.

"The nation is hungry, the government is supporting the team, the team is hungry and the coach is also hungry for success."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8244972.stm
Re: Nigeria Will Never Stop Us, We Must Play In Nations Cup - Mozambique by semid4lyfe(m): 1:10am On Sep 09, 2009
Kai! I no fit laugh. We don suffer. Mozambique sef don get bragging rights.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Stop Us, We Must Play In Nations Cup - Mozambique by naso2(m): 8:23am On Sep 09, 2009
I think this is the best thing I have heard since the sunday show of shame. Yes if they(mozambique) can backup their words with action then its good news for nigeria. why?

1. If they can come to nigeria and pull a good result , that will save Nigerians the agony of last day frenzy as we had against Angola.

2. But if they cannot get a good result in Nigeria, it will mean that their only hope of nations cup lie in their last match against Tunisia where they will at least give their best. I can not confidently say Tunisia will not beat them even at their backyard, but they(Tunisia) will work for their money unlike the case of RWANDA against ANGOLA which was simply prearranged.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Stop Us, We Must Play In Nations Cup - Mozambique by Tudor6(f): 8:38am On Sep 09, 2009
Na wa oo.
Even mozambique no respect us again. . .what a shame!
Re: Nigeria Will Never Stop Us, We Must Play In Nations Cup - Mozambique by smile4kenn(m): 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2009
we no get levels again
Re: Nigeria Will Never Stop Us, We Must Play In Nations Cup - Mozambique by otokx(m): 1:52pm On Sep 09, 2009
It is a pity but we got ourselves in this mess

(1) (Reply)

How Far Can Nigeria Go In The On-coming U-17 Fifa Tournament.success Or Failure? / And Bahrain Crashes Out. . . . . . . / 'world Cup In Sa A Mistake' So Says Bayern Munich Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.