Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,194 members, 7,963,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 10:20 PM

Na Wa! General Breakdown - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Na Wa! General Breakdown (1788 Views)

Auditor General: Breakdown Of Alleged Financial Misappropriation / A Breakdown Of Nigeria’s 2016 Budget / Dasuki Releases Breakdown Of Arms Purchases, Says “nigerians Will Hear A Lot” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Na Wa! General Breakdown by Beaf: 4:54am On Sep 16, 2009
When will this all end? Everything and everybody is on strike in Nigeria. ASUU has already grounded higher education for some time now.
What country can develop with both its education and health sections grounded? What can we do to escape this rot? Health workers and educators don't get paid but politicians salaries are never ever tampered with.

Across the board, facilities are mediocre.

Doctors’ Strike Imminent     
Written by Vincent Ekhoragbon, Gombe     
Tuesday, 15 September 2009 23:01 

The Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), has indicated its resolve to immediately proceed on strike by September 30 if their abandoned MSS/MSSS salary scheme was not restored.

The President of the association, Dr. Prosper Igboeli, dropped this hint in Gombe during the opening ceremony of the National Association of Resident Doctors of Nigeria (NARD) annual general meeting/scientific conference and delegates meeting.

The NMA, therefore appealed to the Federal Government to be mindful of the ultimatum and do everything in its powers to ensure resolve the situation in order to resolve an impending health crises that may arise as a result of the withdrawal of their services.

What the medical doctors are after is a salary perculiar to them as it were before it was subverted for HAPSS/HATISS in 1999 and later CONTISS in 2007, explained Dr. Prosper, whose speech was read by Gombe State NMA Chairman, Dr. D.D. Konkong.

The chairman of the occasion, Professor Idris Muhammad, in his remark, blamed the doctors for the way they were being held in the society, which he ascribed to their fragmentation into the NMA, Medical and Dental Consultants Association and NARD.

On 'combating the menace of maternal and child morbidity and mortality' scourge which is the theme of the meeting, Professor Muhammad said the rate had shot up over 10 times beyond the figure obtained in his medical school years when there were less number of medical doctors.

He tasked resident doctors to take advocacy campaigns on girl child education and routine immunization to the rural populace, especially in view of the misgivings about immunization and the scandal the country was facing with polio vaccines, noting that the problem arose from ignorance and personal ineptitude and managerial negligence.

Doctors were then told to look within and question themselves why they allowed the programmes to fail since they are in charge of it.

NARD President, Dr. Golden Owhonda, acknowledged the seriousness of the challenges of maternal and infant mortality in Nigeria and the attendant and alarmingly embarrassing indices which he said were unacceptable and must be addressed somehow.

He enjoined active participation of members in the conference as deliberations were zeroed on ensuring a better country with the finest practice of the science of medicine.

Earlier, Governor Muhammad Danjuma Goje, who was represented by his Health Commissioner, Dr. Mohammed Isah Umar, said Gombe State had recorded significant increase in the ante-natal and post-natal care unit in the state's health facilities because it was made free.

He said that the state was witnessing a decreasing mortality and morbidity rate due to the gesture which was occasioned by alarming figures, inadequate health facilities, and inadequate advocacy and the concomitant low patronage of health facilities as it were before the incumbent government came to power.

http://leadershipnigeria.com/index.php/news/headlines/6015-doctors-strike-imminent
Re: Na Wa! General Breakdown by princekevo(m): 5:27am On Sep 16, 2009
That
Beaf:

When will this all end? Everything and everybody is on strike in Nigeria. ASUU has already grounded higher education for some time now.
What country can develop with both its education and health sections grounded? What can we do to escape this rot? Health workers and educators don't get paid but politicians salaries are never ever tampered with.

Across the board, facilities are mediocre.

This could only happen in a country led by NFA's like Nigeria.
Heartless fools who sends their kids abroad for better education and Good medical health care, the rest of the masses can go to hell.
Why wont God visit them with a sudden death on their to abroad for medical care, their children and relations will start dying there in abroad where they are for quality education they denied average Nigerian citizen.
Am sorry this is not a curse but the law of karma, they shall soon start reaping the fruit of their labour.
Re: Na Wa! General Breakdown by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 16, 2009
Hey 9ja can make you go nuts. I think i should stop seriously thinking about 9ja. I'm all out for the millions of naira i can lay my hands on. Take care thinkers.
Re: Na Wa! General Breakdown by Beaf: 4:17pm On Sep 16, 2009
babaearly:

Hey 9ja can make you go nuts. I think i should stop seriously thinking about 9ja. I'm all out for the millions of naira i can lay my hands on. Take care thinkers.

In all honesty, we can go about making our millions and ignoring the issues. . . What about our kids and those to come? What if the millions are lost by a stroke of faith or EFCC? What if you become a kidnap victim, or worse, your wife or kids?
Re: Na Wa! General Breakdown by Goldmind1(m): 10:01pm On Sep 16, 2009
[/quote]Hey 9ja can make you go nuts. I think i should stop seriously thinking about 9ja. I'm all out for the millions of naira i can lay my hands on. Take care thinkers.[quote]

I wonder the part of country u are from. How much do u think you can make in 9ja without soiling your hands or bribing your way through. About the 5 richest men in Nigeria, are all being accused of making their money via the govt. Dangote bought over Benue Cement company, which was a govt property. Femi Otedola bought Nigerian share in AP, Jimoh Ibrahim bought over NICCON Insurance from FG. Remember all these things happened during OBJ's tenure. Do we talk about Mike Adenuga, Peter Odili, James Ibori, the list is endless?

Nigeria is a country where monkeys are woarking and babbons are eating and u are talking about making money. The people that have the crude oil have nothing to rely on. U can make all the money and the whole thing can vanish away at a single riot. The country is so unstable and needs to be split.
Re: Na Wa! General Breakdown by SapeleGuy: 10:10pm On Sep 16, 2009
Everything seems to be in terminal decline. This is pure sabotage.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible / Lagos Needs N7trn For Infrastructural Devt- Akabueze (igbo Commissioner) / Student Makes $300k From Dead Osama T-shirts And Returns It All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.