Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,129 members, 7,936,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 02:58 PM

A Christian That Doesn't Pray Is Playing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Christian That Doesn't Pray Is Playing (462 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Opinion!!!!! Any Christian That Goes To Work On Sundays Will Not Make Heaven.... / Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Christian That Doesn't Pray Is Playing by JohnCyrus(m): 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2016
A Prayerless Christian is a playing
Christian.
Prayer is sometimes called the backbone of Christian life.
For some it come effortlessly,but for many the
discipline of prayer is more of a challenge. It can
seem like an intimidating concept–both the idea of communing with God of the universe and the practicalities of how to do so amid an overloaded
schedule.

In a world surrounded by uncertainty,prejudice unseen technicalities.you find solace on the bed.why sleep when the enemy is awake?we exercise our body regularly to keep fit,so it is with our spirit. When we deny the flesh food & exercise we get exposed to different kinds of ailment.when we deny the spirit spiritual nourishment we expose our spiritual life to death.

The only means to which one can triumph,overtake,and dominate is to apply spiritual momentum(prayer).

Gone are the days brethren fall asleep while the adversary roar like a lion. scared us into thinking we are worth nothing.make us feel dejected,incapable, weak because we choose to run.'until that day when I realized all that Christ did for me. my fears,weakness ignorance fade away.he gave me mantle to thread upon snakes serpent and scorpions and upon forces of darkness and to reclaim that which the devil trickishly stole from me'.

Christians who don't pray are easily victimized compare to a prey waiting to be butchered. Prayer are effective when offered, not only does it torment the devil but destroy his workforce and neutralises his powers.

The lack of quality or quantity of prayer in our lives
can leave us feeling condemned,and even less
inclined to pray. And thus begins the vicious cycle
of prayerlessness.

What a pity.some Christians can't pray.And that begins a christian life until you know how to pray,you're playing.prayer is the only licensed that connect men to divinity.
You have been given the key to prosperity, success, health, financial breakthrough and you took it for granted the day u choose to be a playing Christian.

Here are three ways to reinvigorate your
prayer life:

1.Don't be afraid to schedule God in.
there s a lot to be said for carving out a time each day for prayer.May be using your lunch
hour,or getting up a little earlier.
It might feel awkward at first,but as you build the
habit you will start to see the fruits.Just as when you
invest regular time with a friend or spouse and that
relationship develops,you can expect the same if
you prioritise spending time daily with God.
This is not to limit prayer to that 20 or 45 minutes,
but it is a good launching point. Of course,you are
free to pray out side of this time,but having an
allotted period marked out provides a good basis
for your prayer life.

2.Take the Bible with you when you pray
list your requests to God.
One way to overcome this feeling of
purposelessness is to bring the Bible into your
prayer time. it is the word of God and one of the key
ways Gods peaks to us.It can both be a really helpful and as a guide to actually praying.
If you are looking for inspiration for how to
pray,you need look no further than the psalms.

3.Pray with other people;Prayer often evokes images of solitude;an
individual praying quietly in a corner.And it is true
that the Bible instructs us to pray secretly:"Go into
your room,close the door and pray to your Father,
who is unseen," (Matthew6:6).There is a place for
solitude in prayer,but there is also room for
company.The Bible also says: "Where two or three
gather in my name,there am I with them."
It is both encouraging and helpful in keeping us
accountable when we commit to praying with
others.

1 Like

Re: A Christian That Doesn't Pray Is Playing by RoyalBlak007: 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2016
Sure
Re: A Christian That Doesn't Pray Is Playing by Affectionate40(m): 9:02pm On Aug 04, 2016
that's rit..,...... prayer is indeed essential to the spiritual growth of every believers. thumbs up.I like that!

(1) (Reply)

Wonderful Wonder Nathaniel Bassey Ft Lovesong / 5 Reasons Sex Within A Marriage Is The Best Sex You Will Ever Have / My Gospel Rap Song/message - Rapvangelism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.