Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,720 members, 7,962,333 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 08:55 AM

Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me (34754 Views)

Runtown Responds To Mr Eazi "Nigerian Artistes Are Using His 'Ghanian Sound" / Mr Eazi: "Most Nigerian Artistes Are Using My Ghanaian Sound Working Formula" / 'I Was Dead Scared To Have A Child At 28' - 9ice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by 247tops(m): 9:48am On Aug 18, 2016
Boss13:
I understand don jazzy. However, he can tweek it a bit. His beat is fast rumbling and would require fast adaptation but I think if these American artiste want to connect more to their African audiences/fans they should give it a trial. Diversity is key

true, cos the new sound is in Africa
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Ibrahim9090: 9:49am On Aug 18, 2016
Meet Wadada Benny the genius behind these classic outfit.... Visit Wadadaafrica.com.ng to view more of his outfits...

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Airforce1(m): 9:49am On Aug 18, 2016
I believe you Don grin
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by CookingDiva(f): 9:50am On Aug 18, 2016
Apparently, many of the posters above didnt bother to read the reason for the statement.

4 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by kendrick9(m): 9:52am On Aug 18, 2016
no they are not scared,stop lying..I doubt they even recognize u don jazzy, with ur crocked voice and average lyics,which top american artists will lyk to work with u apart from maybe Young thug and his likes

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by jaymichael(m): 9:53am On Aug 18, 2016
Koolking:

No offence intended, Which talent? Singing gibberish is talent? What is 'dorobucchi' and 'the koko'? Which American act would wants to feature in a juvenile beat-based lyric-less music. You and I know, Nigerian music is wrong investment. It only sells among noise-lovers in Nigeria and some part of African countries.
Don Jazzy is a music producer, not a singer. He is a good producer. Am not an hip hop fan.

3 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by rita25(f): 10:01am On Aug 18, 2016
don jazzy 33years? shocked una welldone oh..it means dem never conceive or even smell to born me be dat undecided
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Felixtuta(m): 10:01am On Aug 18, 2016
Well said boss.
Nija don take over foreign aneyezi ego!!
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Felixtuta(m): 10:01am On Aug 18, 2016
Well said boss.
Nija don take over foreign aneyezi ego!!
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by martineinstein(m): 10:02am On Aug 18, 2016
u mean artistes like beyonce,rihanna,jlo,kanye,shakira,jay z and co are scared of u?....maybe dey think u are 419

2 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by phenase(m): 10:05am On Aug 18, 2016
cool Yes..o , naso I hear..am
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Shym3xx: 10:07am On Aug 18, 2016
Lol. This guy is a clown. grin

Why would they be scared when afrobeats (not the original one by Fela Kuti that's Jazz influenced - the modern noisy one) is a derivative of hip-hop, albeit with some African drums sometimes and African language?

The loops for his beats are very similar to hip-hop since hip-hop is base of afrobeats, although the bpm for afrobeats is a tad higher then hip-hop. They aren't scared of techno and house music that have far higher bpms than afrobeats yet they're scared of ya shitty one dimensional beats - hysterical. A lot US rappers, even Drake, have jumped on grime beats and, grime has the highest bpm at 140.

Ya beats are shiit, hence they don't want to work with you. They just don't want to disrespectful you to ya face. If they can sample Fela Kuti's beats as often as they do - then no is scared of ya shitty beats.

This clown is so full of himself. grin

6 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by MamaletASO: 10:11am On Aug 18, 2016
Don Jazzy said that Nigerian music is designed to make people happy during their struggles.

“Everyone is struggling; we all have a problem in the country.

“................................. happy when you are going through the struggles and that is where we come in.”

NICE QUOTE DON JAZZY.. THUMBS UP!
You guys are great youth. And not like the other youths that take up d gun to become Robber like Anini from Edo State.

Don Jazzy on top angry angry

I personally celebrate you. But pls believe in God existence. Yea man!!!

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Chukazu: 10:13am On Aug 18, 2016
Bornita:
Nonsense. They are actually scared to work with you cause all you do in a song is introduce yourself and then, start rumbling.

cool bad belle..."is Don jazzy again!"
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by stanisbaratheon: 10:20am On Aug 18, 2016
i totally agree with him.

When I started learning Bass guitar, i would practice with contemporary R&B songs with simple bass lines and so on but when it comes to the normal so-called carlypso and ariaria bass lines i find it really difficult combining bass inversions and all that. So yeah i agree with him they're probably scared because of the wide range of his afro pop/beat instrumentals.

*when you listen to DoroBucci then you'd know Don Jazzi is not a boy

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Semper247(m): 10:23am On Aug 18, 2016
Koolking:

No offence intended, Which talent? Singing gibberish is talent? What is 'dorobucchi' and 'the koko'? Which American act would wants to feature in a juvenile beat-based lyric-less music. You and I know, Nigerian music is wrong investment. It only sells among noise-lovers in Nigeria and some part of African countries.

Oga calm ur tits..

Do u even know what music is at all?
If not done in foreign ways, then it is not music?
So "panda, panda.... " is music?

Free urself from mental slavery.

Don jazz's beats appeal to most people and in this regard, it is MUSIC...

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by bejeria101(m): 10:30am On Aug 18, 2016
jaymichael:
Haba! disappointment ke? Don Jazzy is one of the best (if not the best) in this part of the world. I also believe he can work well with any hip hop artist in the world. His talent is of international standard.

I tire for naija pple,our own we wont celebrate or encourage.when they make the name,we go talk say dat they are proud wetin we want? Don jazzy worked on kanye west album with q-tip of tribe called quest and they produced 2 tracks,name d naija person that has done it?

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by jayben(m): 10:32am On Aug 18, 2016
Chai, bros u can lie, when you sing poo do you expect the likes of jay z and the rest to appreciate your music, abeg go siddon jare
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by biggie73(m): 10:33am On Aug 18, 2016
Who want to associate with typical local champ? All these Eminado, Dorobucchi and whatever junks Mavin Records dishes out do not jibe well with those American Niggars.
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by edudguy(m): 10:33am On Aug 18, 2016
He did not say they were scared of him. He said they were scared of changing their kind of music-their music genre. Op why did you mislead us with the headline? Pple just dey comment without reading the interview undecidedHe did not say they were scared of him. He said they were scared of changing their kind of music-their music genre. Op why did you mislead us with the headline? Pple just dey comment without reading the interview
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Deepfreezer(m): 10:34am On Aug 18, 2016
Vanquay16:
Maybe theY are scared because you look like a Gorilla?

DÌCKS OUT FOR HARMABEE.
that's not a cool thing to say to an African brother.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Shym3xx: 10:34am On Aug 18, 2016
Two of the numerous times American artists have sampled Fela Kuti:

1). Nas & Alicia Keys - Warrior Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQSHjSc04_U

2). J. Cole - Let Nas Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9okrSfgMtA

They're not scared of the sound - you're just a rubbish one dimensional producer and ya beats aren't memorable.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by DAVE41(m): 10:35am On Aug 18, 2016
finalboss1:
see him head like potatoe...nothing is inside but lies

Actually bro.

. it is called. Poraroes
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Paseus(m): 10:37am On Aug 18, 2016
rita25:
don jazzy 33years? shocked una welldone oh..it means dem never conceive or even smell to born me be dat undecided
spot on! U read my mind jawe...33 ke? Dis one na music age abi wetin

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Spells(m): 10:39am On Aug 18, 2016
Don jazzy don jazzy..... I just Dey greet oh
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Paseus(m): 10:39am On Aug 18, 2016
rita25:
don jazzy be lying upandan since 10BC

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by edudguy(m): 10:39am On Aug 18, 2016
He did not say they were scared of him. He said they were scared of changing their kind of music-their music genre. Op why did you mislead us with the headline? Pple just dey comment without reading the interview
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Guyman02: 10:41am On Aug 18, 2016
Adamsdelrio:
I smell lies... Even if it's true, they might be scared of disappointment. cheesy

Appreciate Nigerian talent for once, the issue he is raising is that the western musicians dont want to try something new that they are not so sure of, they want you to just copy and paste their own sound only.
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Koolking(m): 10:56am On Aug 18, 2016
Semper247:

Oga calm ur tits..

Do u even know what music is at all?
If not done in foreign ways, then it is not music?
So "panda, panda.... " is music?

Free urself from mental slavery.

Don jazz's beats appeal to most people and in this regard, it is MUSIC...

We attempt to imitate foreign but end up making mess of music. We made good music in Nigeria until the later part of 2000.

Each to his own, bro. Even the beats you are emphasizing are wholly club beats. Is there no talent for a paradigm shift away from mad/noise mentality? Amongst the 5% appealing acts is Asa - she is world class, but she can't sell in Nigeria due to what some of us are made to believe are music.

Am not a fan of Nigerian noise known by a few as music.
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by MrWhaley: 11:09am On Aug 18, 2016
Bornita:
Nonsense. They are actually scared to work with you cause all you do in a song is introduce yourself and then, start rumbling.
Warris this one saying??
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by czaratwork: 11:10am On Aug 18, 2016
BEEF EVERYWHERE.
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Judithjovial(f): 11:18am On Aug 18, 2016
Believe! Don Jazzy has the sounds but can try new stuffs with this Americans with their beats for once then next time, he can twitch it a little with his master-piece work. Get new Music from www.tooxclusive.mobi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2shotz Meets His Daughter 6 Months After She Was Born (photo) / E-money And Kcee Surprised Villagers With Numerous New Year Gift Items(pics,vid) / 'Google My Name, The First Thing You Will See Is The Most Bitter Woman'-Ceec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.