Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,010 members, 7,936,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 08:54 AM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (924 Views)

Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. / Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit / Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by SeunLanLege(m): 6:10pm On Sep 12, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 6:18pm On Sep 12, 2016
This is nice. At least you aren't shifting the burden of proof...Please prove that that the Gods of human religions are false.
Re: . by SeunLanLege(m): 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This is nice. At least you aren't shifting the burden of proof...Please prove that that the Gods of human religions are false.

Pick a god, any God. I'll prove he/she/it is false.
Re: . by Ranchhoddas: 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
SeunLanLege:

Yahweh. As presented by David Oyedepo of Winners Chapel.
Re: . by EyeHateGod: 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2016
Gnostic is on the position of knowledge
Atheism is a Stand on A Lack of belief
Re: . by EyeHateGod: 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2016
SeunLanLege:

Wtf is wrong wif u?
Re: . by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 12, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Wtf is wrong wif u?
seunlanlege you said this thread ain't for theist why try to engage them here
Re: . by SeunLanLege(m): 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2016
stephenmorris:
seunlanlege you said this thread ain't for theist why try to engage them here

Ranchhoddas is an atheist as far as I know
Re: . by SeunLanLege(m): 7:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Wtf is wrong wif u?

Whats the problem?
Re: . by EyeHateGod: 8:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
SeunLanLege:

Whats the problem?
Don't derail ur Thread
Re: . by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
Problem with Gnostic Atheism is that it's more like saying

" I KNOW there is no God".

But then; who/what is God

There is no "real" definiton of a god yet; we have descripitions from a real and personoid being to an impersonal force.

Gnostic Atheism is saying that ALL these definitions/forms which God can come is false. That no such higher being or force exists. That you KNOW it doesn't.

That position, to me a position of faith; the kind of weak faith we often accuse theists of. It's no less different than a Gnostic theism even if diametrically opposite. It can even; conceivably; be classifed as a sort of religion in itself.

So I dunno. Laying it out that you KNOW there is no god only opens a box of even more catchy arguments and really crappy analogies.

But hey, What do I know cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: . by SeunLanLege(m): 11:25pm On Sep 12, 2016
SirWere:
Problem with Gnostic Atheism is that it's more like saying

" I KNOW there is no God".

But then; who/what is God

There is no "real" definiton of a god yet; we have descripitions from a real and personoid being to an impersonal force.

Gnostic Atheism is saying that ALL these definitions/forms which God can come is false. That no such higher being or force exists. That you KNOW it doesn't.

That position, to me a position of faith; the kind of weak faith we often accuse theists of. It's no less different than a Gnostic theism even if diametrically opposite. It can even; conceivably; be classifed as a sort of religion in itself.

So I dunno. Laying it out that you KNOW there is no god only opens a box of even more catchy arguments and really crappy analogies.

But hey, What do I know cheesycheesy

The label "Atheism" was Born as a result of theism.
There are no diverse definitions of god. There is only one as described by human religions which I know without a doubt is false.

The term "god" doesn't equal "creator of the universe". It is a placeholder for human ignorance.

And as such if there was a creator, we wouldn't call him /her/it "god" we would call him /her/it "creator".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 12, 2016
SeunLanLege:

The label "Atheism" was Born as a result of theism.
There are no diverse definitions of god. There is only one as described by human religions which I know without a doubt is false.

The term "god" doesn't equal "creator of the universe". It is a placeholder for human ignorance.

And as such if there was a creator, we wouldn't call him /her/it "god" we would call him /her/it "creator".
it seems you read my posts on thinkers lodge,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i asked a question why can't we have a creator who is not a GOD

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Super Rich Former New Ager, Steven Bancarz’s, Radical Conversion To Follow Jesus / Rastafari Movement And Its Tenets / Many Achievements Aren't From God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.