Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,828 members, 7,962,707 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 03:05 PM

Barcelona Fans Thread. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Fans Thread. (76865 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Barcelona Fans Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Sauron1: 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2010
chic2pimp:

I agree. He is absolutely useless.
Infact he is so useless he is only two wins away from matching Fergie's two European Cups win(Champs Lge) having spent less time in the game. Shiorrrrrrrrrrr

With different clubs where he did little or nothing in the development of the players.
I am sure a goat will come in here and tell us Jose developed Cesar, Zanetti, Maicon, Samuel, Chivu and Cambiasso.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by chic2pimp(m): 11:02pm On Apr 21, 2010
He does not really need to develop players, he simply delivers what is asked of him (wins trophies).

I'm sure Gaynners would rather have him in place of Wengay.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by A40(m): 11:07pm On Apr 21, 2010
@Eastbay
I don't rate Bojan but i am positive he woulda done better than Ibracarubbish i also think Pep is taking Henry's experience for granted by not giving him minutes Barca lacked a calm head in front of goal and it was one of those days Messi reminded us he was human. If Inter go on to win the tie Barca would have their sloppy start in the 2nd half to blame. I still fancy Barca to go through they are a different animal at the Camp Nou even though it would be naive to write off Inter
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Sauron1: 11:13pm On Apr 21, 2010
chic2pimp:

He does not really need to develop players, he simply delivers what is asked of him (wins trophies).

But you foolishly compared him to Fergie - who had to start from the scratch.
Your ability to talk with the 2 sides of your mouth is appalling.

I'm sure Gaynners would rather have him in place of Wengay.

Nah. . . . .Not everyone likes the club prostitution spree Jose is doing.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by debosky(m): 11:17pm On Apr 21, 2010
Funniest headline for me - [size=15pt]'Toothless Messi Sends Maicon to the Dentist'. [/size] grin grin grin grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 11:22pm On Apr 21, 2010
Inter with all these their giant players sef, i hope that maicon misses the 2nd leg, he's just too huge for my liking.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 12:03am On Apr 22, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Khanye

u r such a sore loser, get a dog dude, u sure need some!

Ode ni e cool

honeric01:

Abeg my people, when is our next game coming up against Xerex? undecided

Saturday, 24 Apr (18.00, GolT, Canal+ Liga)
FCB-Xerez. League. Week 34 cool
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by DrKitaun(m): 1:22am On Apr 22, 2010
Awon egbon nile l'ode. . . Omo Tokyo jatijati!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 6:19am On Apr 22, 2010
khanye:

Saturday, 24 Apr (18.00, GolT, Canal+ Liga)
FCB-Xerez. League. Week 34 cool

your head dey there cool
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 22, 2010
@A-40,
As much as we both agree Barca is still in the tie,there's a stat against them that makes frightening reading.No team overturned a two-goal deficit in the Semi finals  in the history of the competition,old or new.However,stats are just there:stats.That's all they'll ever be.History is there to be made.
Now I agree with you as regards Barca being a different animal at the Camp Nou.But Inter will be bolsered by the win.It's gonna be tight for me,but like I said,all that is in the past.Barca have just as much a chance as Inter going through.
Still don't think Bojan is developed enough to be a threat to Inter,though he has a bit of pace.TH14 for me is gone,judging from his largely unprofessional attitude vs. Arsenal.He lost that calm head and let emotions get to him at the Emirates.That's a downer for me,and the wretched season he's had (though not entirely his fault) doesn't score him any points or do him any favors for next week.
But great points by you,all the same.
@Sauron,
Remember Ovrebo.Barca like all sides have benefited in the past from dodgy decisions.The shoe is on the other foot.I don't take it as an excuse.Even they aren't moanng about it.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 8:54am On Apr 22, 2010
A-40:

They totally blitzed y'all in the first 20mins and that was where the ball game was won and lost.

I think it was excellent tactics and preparation on their part. Barca is a very predictable team and if you do your home-work and execute you can beat us. Jose Mourinho had us all figured out. Didn't pressure us too high up the field, choked us in midfield, and hit us with direct passing thru the channels. Their forwards dragged our defense around all night cause all we were doing was reacting to the most immediate threat. While we were trying to probe their defense, they just waited till we pushed ours up (like we ALWAYS do), and knew exactly what spaces to play the ball to when they won possession. Everything went their way yesterday. Kinda makes one think it may just be their year. Reminds me on when we beat AC Milan over two legs the year Rijkard won it. Just the way we scored, the bad luck Milan had, and Sheva's disallowed last minute equalizer at the Nou Camp that shoulda taken it into extra time. . . it was almost like we used jazz. (Or even Iniesta's goal last year)

I think all this ref blamin is just moi moi talk tbh. Milito woulda been clear on goal 1st half if not for a bad offside call against him.  Messi may have been fouled by Motta but his two teammates that stopped for a second to stare at him on the ground while Inter got on with the game should know better. We woulda done the exact same at the Nou camp. We do it all the time- hit teams when they're down. Isn't that what home court is all about. . .  undecided

A-40:

Baba God done do am shebi you can remember our argument at the start of the season about Ibra and Eto'o now you see what an over-rated player he is! Obviously Pep didn't learn from Chelsea's mistake, big strikers don't trouble Lucio and Samuel. I dunno why Pep ain't playing Henry but i doubt he woulda been as bad as Ibra for that game he may be fresh from injury but he coulda done better!

I think our midfield and defense are to blame more for the way that game went. Alvez especially (I hold him personally responsible for 2 goals). Ibra is just an easy target (I admit I miss Etoo harassing defenders and his general work ethic). Our midfield almost always seemed to be a split second too slow (fatigue, maybe just playing away can do that to u?). Messi was also totally absent and he gave away possession a lot. We had worse players than Ibra on the field yesterday. I agree tho that Pep figured out ibra wasn't goin to do much against that defense.

I've read a few of the posts people have made about why yaya and henry are not playing and I think a lot of the comments, not yours, have been very superficial. Both Ibra and Pedro have scored  around 20 goals each this season, Henry has scored three. I think that one is a no-brainer. I'm a huge Henry fan but I try not to let my sentiments stop me from analyzing the situation objectively

Yaya's form has been bad. If he was playing well Busquets won't have a chance of benching him. Yaya is that good when he's on form, but he has been very sloppy in possession and u can't be a DM at barca when u give away the ball cheaply and make silly passes. Starting Yaya would have been a gamble. Busquets wasn't great yesterday, but he deserves to have started ahead of Yaya based on current form IMO. 

A-40:

If i needed reasons as to why Maicon starts ahead of Alves for the Selecao i got answers last night  i'm not a Barca fan but i felt like melting that dude in a tub filled with sulphuric acid. Good grief if i had a zimbabwean dollar for every rubbish cross the nucca threw last night Carlos Slim would be ma butler

ALvez did have a horrible game yesterday. The game at SB last year too was a very bad one. So many of our players were off color on tuesday that it is tempting to say the bus-trip had something to do with it. I mean, besides Pedro I can't think of one player that actually played well.

I think using that game as a "referendum" on Alves is unfair. I've seen Maicon stinkers and they ain't pretty either. I'll pick Alves any day for Barca, anytime. He's an excellent player, crosser, and defender (when he's in position and not scrambling back making knee-jerk reactions). He just has the occasional stinker.

A-40:

To be fair Inter wanted it more and absolutely shackled Messi y'all coulda done with another runner like Iniesta to double team Zanetti but its all past tense

My brotha, we need an Iniesta backup lika a mo-fo. Or maybe someone like Fabregas that can be rough but still be technically sound and have a go at defenders while trying to release his teammates( see me using style to jump on the Cesc band wagon  grin ). We just need a midfield player that can bring us that extra something in games like this last one. Iniesta IMO woulda made a huge difference running at players trying to draw defenders off his teammates. Our team is far from complete. Pep wanted more players but the market was too inflated so we just pulled a wenger and promoted a bunch of academy kids.

A-40:

If y'all want to beat Inter next week leave Ibra on the bench! Lucio and Samuel would swallow him like an okele of amala i doubt they can cope with the intensity Nou Camp would bring sha but y'all need to ante up

I think we can beat them next week. But if there is anything I learned from that game it is that this team is not as deep as it should be. Our back up strikers are kids and we're just lucky Pedro is having the season of his life. Our season may not have turned out this well at all at all.

We were not poor, but we were not good enough on the night. Inter were the better team and thats just the koko. Having more possession doesn't mean u have a better plan. . we just played right into their hands. The last 20 minutes gives me hope tho. We were able to express ourselves in such hostile territory. and we came close on some occasions. Pique is just too long to move his joints in a controlled manner.

~Sauron~:

I am not a Barca fan but they were robbed last night.
Mourinho used his strong-arm tactics perfectly and he got the rub of the green.

Inter's 3rd goal was clearly scored from an OFFside position and Daniel Alves shoulda copped a penalty and a RED card for Sneijder(tackle from behind)
Based on those 2 incidents, game might have ended 2-0.

On top of that all, Barca were tired after the long coach ride and i heard Jose Mourinho refused to water the pitch in San Siro.
The ball didn't zip at all so the passes were nowhere. I still tip Barca to destroy Mourinho.

To keep Messi quiet in front of his fans is a big ASK and i won't be surprised if Inter concedes 4 goals in the first 60 mins next week.

wink  Thanks jare. But u know say us no like to dey complain nah. . . so we appreciate scummies comin in to do the dirty work for us  grin

BTW, are u a cule?  shocked shocked

honeric01:

Inter with all these their giant players sef, i hope that maicon misses the 2nd leg, he's just too huge for my liking.

Make all of dem come . . . Dem get query to answer.  cool

Damn. . . that 1st goal they scored ALzes was just jumpin all over the place and sneidjer just strolled into position. What a scallywag  angry

IMO, Maxwell is great offensively, is sometimes a defensive liability.

Bojan, Bojan, Bojan. . . Excellent, player, big heart, great finisher, but just too small. Like Eastbay said he's too lightweight for a game like that IMO. Just don't see how he would have made the difference.

It's hard to blame one player or one factor . . . Just a bunch of $hit went wrong for us and Inter were on point.

4:00 am. I dey go crash cause now i know i may just start yarnin dust. . .
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 9:33am On Apr 22, 2010
Krayola:

Make all of dem come . . . Dem get query to answer.  cool

I dey wait them.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by eyoniggar(m): 10:11am On Apr 22, 2010
I really dnt see how any of these players wont
be booked in the next leg, which really puts on a tight corner
even if we qualify for the FINALS.

Busquets, Keita, Piqué and Alves

The emboldened names are the most important.

Alves would blame himself if he doesnt play
another FINAL this year.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 11:27am On Apr 22, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Awon egbon nile l'ode. . . Omo Tokyo jatijati!

Wetin dey do this Agbalagba jatijati . . . . .Use your brain f.o.o.l . . . aint got time for useless people like you grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by chic2pimp(m): 1:04pm On Apr 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

But you foolishly compared him to Fergie - who had to start from the scratch.
Your ability to talk with the 2 sides of your mouth is appalling.

Don't be stupid, I never compared him to Fergie.
Even If I did is there anything wrong with that? undecided
You said that he was a useless tactician and I showed you why he ain't.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2010
I think Jose mourinho is a solid coach, however u want to analyse it. U can only coach/manage or beat what is in front of u. U go for the highest paying job at a team of your choice and try to do a good job. All his teams have been competitive and have been champions. I don't know what else anyone can expect from a coach.

I don't think anyone can beat barca the way they did with bad tactics. Especially early in that second half. Most of their balls over the top, or just balls played to get behind our defense, found their intended target. The consistency was scary. I have never seen that happen against pep's team. Usually those balls are just hopeful and our back line just gobbleS them up, but they just knew where to play the ball and the forwardS knew when and where to run Almost every single time.

Make we gree Jose enjoy him praise. I think he deserves it. But should he come to nou camp to be embarrassed he go hia weeehhn  cool
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Sauron1: 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

Don't be silly, I never compared him to Fergie.
Even If I did is there anything wrong with that? undecided

Here we go again. . . . ."He never compared him to Fergie and he sees nothing wrong in comparing". 2 sides of the mouth yet again.
The fact remains it's absolutely retarded to compare Jose Mourinho/SAF in Europe because the UCL format changed after Fergie joined Man Utd.

Until 1997, only one club(league Champion) represents a country unlike today where Liverpool have made every UCL competition in the last 7 editions without winning the league in the last 20 yrs.

English clubs were also hampered with the 3-foreigner rule which was a clear disadvantage and you have the gall to compare managers in the 90s to Jose Mourinho?

You said that he was a useless tactician and I showed you why he ain't.

He is a useless tactician.
Using dirty tactics to hamper visiting clubs is CHEATING.

Krayola:

I think Jose mourinho is a solid coach, however u want to analyse it. U can only coach/manage or beat what is in front of u. U go for the highest paying job at a team of your choice and try to do a good job. All his teams have been competitive and have been champions. I don't know what else anyone can expect from a coach.

I don't think anyone can beat barca the way they did with bad tactics. Especially early in that second half. Most of their balls over the top, or just balls played to get behind our defense, found their intended target. The consistency was scary. I have never seen that happen against pep's team. Usually those balls are just hopeful and our back line just gobbleS them up, but they just knew where to play the ball and the forwardS knew when and where to run Almost every single time.

Make we gree Jose enjoy him praise. I think he deserves it. But should he come to nou camp to be embarrassed he go hia weeehhn  cool

Your memory must be very short.
Rubin Kazan's coach must be the best in the world to have beaten Barcelona @ Nou Camp having outplayed/outfoxed Pep Guardiola.
Jose won a match on his home soil and now he's a solid coach. grin grin  Wonders will never end.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by dayokanu(m): 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2010
@A-40,
As much as we both agree Barca is still in the tie,there's a stat against them that makes frightening reading.No team overturned a two-goal deficit in the Semi finals in the history of the competition,old or new.However,stats are just there:stats.That's all they'll ever be.History is there to be made.

Like Man Utd hasnt lost a game way in Europe in 3 seasons till they got to Munich
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 2:05pm On Apr 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

Your memory must be very short.
Rubin Kazan's coach must be the best in the world to have beaten Barcelona @ Nou Camp having outplayed/outfoxed Pep Guardiola.
Jose won a match on his home soil and now he's a solid coach. grin grin  Wonders will never end.

haha. I don't recall saying Jose was the best in the world ( I think he may be  up there with the best of them though). I also don't recall anyone saying Jose is the best BECAUSE he beat Pep's barca. I think what people are suggesting is that given his past achievements, and how convincingly he was able to do what other great coaches have struggled and failed to do, one can make a strong case for him. Even when we lost to Man Utd we didn't look so vulnerable every time u had the ball. Inter gave us more problems than most teams have.

Also, Rubin had one chance on goal the whole game, I think. Inter were a threat a lot of the time they had the ball. With other teams we just get it back almost immediately, but inter moved it around fast and with purpose. They didn't come to sell groundnut.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 2:12pm On Apr 22, 2010
But in fairness to Sauron I think it needs to be said that we have played Inter on 2 other occasions this season and dominated them both games. Jose prepared those tactics, and his team was punished.

But expecting to do that a third time against Mourinho is madness. Thinking about it now I should have been more weary going into the last game.

The game at the Nou Camp is goin to be one hell of a block-buster.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Sauron1: 2:14pm On Apr 22, 2010
Krayola:

haha. I don't recall saying Jose was the best in the world ( I think he may be  up there with the best of them though). I also don't recall anyone saying Jose is the best BECAUSE he beat Pep's barca. I think what people are suggesting is that given his past achievements, and how convincingly he was able to do what other great coaches have struggled and failed to do, one can make a strong case for him. Even when we lost to Man Utd we didn't look so vulnerable every time u had the ball. Inter gave us more problems than most teams have.

Guardiola complained about the pitch, you nitwit.
Barcelona are a possession football team. They need the pitch to be perfect to string things together.
Jose Mourinho knows that and so he tampered with the pitch. I have never seen Xavi look so less-assured about his passes like Tuesday.

Also, Rubin had one chance on goal the whole game, I think. Inter were a threat a lot of the time they had the ball. With other teams we just get it back almost immediately, but inter moved it around fast and with purpose. They didn't come to sell groundnut.

They had one chance on goal and they won 2-1? grin grin grin grin
This is embarrassing! cheesy
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 2:22pm On Apr 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

They had one chance on goal and they won 2-1? grin grin grin grin
This is embarrassing! cheesy

Krayola:

Also, Rubin had one chance on goal the whole game, [size=13pt]I think[/size].

They don't call me king of the escape clause for nuthin  cool My ex calls me captain disclaimer.  grin

haha. I remember they scored a goal in the 1st minute from some long range effort. Totally forgot about that. Tbh I didn't remember the scores or details of the game. . . but I know only once did they actually get behind our defense and get a chance on goal, and it was for the winning goal.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 2:28pm On Apr 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

Guardiola complained about the pitch, you nitwit.
Barcelona are a possession football team. They need the pitch to be perfect to string things together.
Jose Mourinho knows that and so he tampered with the pitch. I have never seen Xavi look so less-assured about his passes like Tuesday.

Guardiola commented on the pitch. . . he was not necessarily complaining. I doubt he expects our opponents to hand us everything we need to kick their butts. undecided Maybe that's the Man Utd way. . . Complain about the ref, the other team players, the typical germans, etc etc. but we don't like that too much in Catalunya. We like to win based on merit that all can see and admire. If we lose, we live to fight another day cool
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Sauron1: 2:39pm On Apr 22, 2010
Krayola:

Guardiola commented on the pitch. . . he was not necessarily complaining. I doubt he expects our opponents to hand us everything we need to kick their butts.  undecided

He complained about it. . . . . .and Mourinho replied by saying "Why can't Barca accept they were beaten by the better team?"
If the pitch wasn't an issue that bugged him, why mention it in the post-match interview. Of course, he complained. . . . .
"The pitch was not wet as we like it because they had chosen not to water it, and it is their right to do that," said Guardiola. "But it did not favour our game."

Maybe that's the Man Utd way. . . Complain about the ref, the other team players, the typical germans, etc etc. but we don't like that too much in Catalunya. We like to win based on merit that all can see and admire. If we lose, we live to fight another day  cool

And yet Xavi berated the referee that he helped Inter win the game.

Krayola:

They don't call me king of the escape clause for nuthin  cool My ex calls me captain disclaimer.  grin

Captain disclaimer or not. . . .U thunk WRONG.
Thinking wrongly and saying wrong things are the same thing. The INTENT is the key.

haha. I remember they scored a goal in the 1st minute from some long range effort. Totally forgot about that. Tbh I didn't remember the scores or details of the game. . . but I know only once did they actually get behind our defense and get a chance on goal, and it was for the winning goal.

Rubin played extremely well away from home in a 90,000 capacity stadium.
It's not unusual for Barca to have all the possession - but what did they do with it against the Russian Champions.

Against Inter, you didn't even boss possession like you usually do(until the 75th minute).
If you can get 65% possession against Inter(never mind the 75% you got against Rubin), you will beat Inter 4-0 at Camp Nou.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 2:46pm On Apr 22, 2010
The camp nou match is goin to be rough. I see injuries on our side and sendings-off on their's.

Xavi was frustrated. Ask him an hour later and u'll get a different answer. I have my reservations about the officiating too but they go in our favor sometimes. I think dwelling on bad officiating is lame. U'll get players sayin that from time to time, but generally that isn't the way the club does things.

Pep simply commented pn the state of the pitch. He stated it was within their rights to have it like that. When u're the home team u leave your pitch the way u want it. We wet our pitch because it helps our game. . . not because we are trying to be fair to our opponents.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 2:50pm On Apr 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

. . . .U thunk WRONG.
Thinking wrongly and saying wrong things are the same thing. The INTENT is the key.

U have no point there IMO. if u do, i've totally missed it
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Sauron1: 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2010
Krayola:

The camp nou match is goin to be rough. I see injuries on our side and sendings-off on their's.

How does this affect the price of fish?

Xavi was frustrated. Ask him an hour later and u'll get a different answer. I have my reservations about the officiating too but they go in our favor sometimes. I think dwelling on bad officiating is lame. U'll get players sayin that from time to time, but generally that isn't the way the club does things.

Ask him an hour later? You are taking the piss.
The fact remains your players/staff were not happy about the pitch and the referee and they complained(not that i disagree with them)
But to say Barcelona don't complain about decisions given against them makes you a bit lethargic.
How many times has Guardiola been sent off the pitch because of his rants on the touchline?

Pep simply commented pn the state of the pitch. He stated it was within their rights to have it like that. When u're the home team u leave your pitch the way u want it. We wet our pitch because it helps our game. . . not because we are trying to be fair to our opponents.

And he added that "IT DID NOT FAVOUR HIS STYLE/GAME"
That's a classic COMPLAINT.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 3:05pm On Apr 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

How does this affect the price of fish?

It's a prediction. . . kinda like the scoreline u just predicted - It wasn't intended to have any impact on the market price of seafood.  undecided

~Sauron~:

But to say Barcelona don't complain about decisions given against them makes you a bit lethargic.
How many times has Guardiola been sent off the pitch because of his rants on the touchline?

Like i said, people are only human, and will sometimes get caught up in the heat of the moment. Pep getting sent off is different from pep saying we lost a game because a ref was out to get us, or some other manutdesque type rubbish yarns. U'll get an angry player say stuff like that once in a while, but it isn't something that one identifies with Barca. Maybe Real Madrid. ,  Ferguson for sure- It's always someone else's fault. shameless old man

~Sauron~:

And he added that "IT DID NOT FAVOUR HIS STYLE/GAME"
That's a classic COMPLAINT.

IMHO Pep would be complaining if he suggested his team had been treated UNFAIRLY. He acknowledged that his team were at a disadvantage, but that it was well within Inter's rights to have the conditions that favored them. That is more of observation and comment, than a complaint.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Sauron1: 3:17pm On Apr 22, 2010
Krayola:

Like i said, people are only human, and will get caught up in the heat of the moment. Pep getting sent off is different from pep saying we lost a game because a ref was out to get us, or some other manutdesque type rubbish yarns. U'll get an angry player say stuff like that once in a while, but it isn't something that one identifies with Barca. Maybe Real Madrid. , Ferguson for sure- It's always someone else's fault. shameless old man

You are embarrassing yourself here. . . . .
Pep getting sent off was as a result of what he musta said to the match officials. . . . .Stop acting like a dolt.
We all know the media coverage in England outstrips whatever nonsense you guys do in Spain so all EPL managers appear to be moaners.
How often do we read about what managers of Athletico Madrid or Villareal do in England. Who cares if their kids don't grow?

IMHO Pep would be complaining if he suggested his team had been treated UNFAIRLY. He acknowledged that his team were at a disadvantage, but that it was well within Inter's rights to have the conditions that favored them. That is more of an observation and comment, that a complaint.

He complained. Mere mentioning it is a complaint.
If it didn't bug him, he wouldn't have mentioned it. He was clearly making it known what led to his team's insipid performance.
We LOST because the pitch was dry. . . . .That's even worse than Arsene Wenger complaining about the bus driver. grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by eyoniggar(m): 3:23pm On Apr 22, 2010
Thurbho so u think this debate is gonna
end with Sharon on it? Please cut the cable off.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 3:32pm On Apr 22, 2010
Guys abeg, can we loan out Ibra? where is this other guy we loaned out of barca? the guy from Brazil, someone should remind me, he's in Portugal now i think.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 4:16pm On Apr 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

You are embarrassing yourself here. . . . .
Pep getting sent off was as a result of what he musta said to the match officials

Which, in context, would be a heat of the moment reaction. Exactly what I stated in my argument. That is different from him saying, post match, that the ref cost us the game. That is the Man Utd way.

~Sauron~:

We all know the media coverage in England outstrips whatever nonsense you guys do in Spain so all EPL managers appear to be moaners.
How often do we read about what managers of Athletico Madrid or Villareal do in England. Who cares if their kids don't grow?

The general level of media coverage in spain has nothing to do with Pep Guardiola's post match statements after a champion's league game. It also has little, if anything, to do with the amount of coverage Barca league games get. So that Getafe's coach does not get a global audience does not mean Pep Guardiola would not. Barca is a global brand and if Pep made complaining about officiating a habit, I'm quite confident we would all know about it. You have said nothing here, my friend.

~Sauron~:

He complained. Mere mentioning it is a complaint.
If it didn't bug him, he wouldn't have mentioned it. He was clearly making it known what led to his team's insipid performance.
We LOST because the pitch was dry. . . . .That's even worse than Arsene Wenger complaining about the bus driver. grin

It clearly bugged him, but please explain how that equates to him having complained about it. How can he be complaining when he admits that Barca have not been treated unfairly, as your quote of Pep's words clearly state.  undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (100)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 17th February 2020 / Manchester United Vs Arsenal (3 - 1) On 4th September 2022

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.