Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,013 members, 7,960,235 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 03:31 PM

Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? (4445 Views)

Poll: Will THings Ever Change?

Yes: 72% (72 votes)
No: 27% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

The 6 Things Graduates Of Nigerian Public Universities Can Never Forget / Apply Now For NIIT Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2015 / Humble Advice To Nigerian Students, Pls, Pls Read!!!... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by sayso: 3:48pm On Oct 13, 2009
yes it will end
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by Sandscape(m): 4:05pm On Oct 13, 2009
The academic situation in the country is quite sad. So sad that one feels enervated just talking about it. We can afford to have the best in education in this country, but since corruption has been so woven into the seams and fabrics of our value system, we have to make do with this mess.

Hoping for change now seems like wishful thinking.

E go better, sha,
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by texazzpete(m): 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2009
Pity, isn't it, that many of you students have no idea what ASUU is fighting for.
Three months at home yet you have no idea what the strike was all about and the urgent need for a serious change in the educational sector.
Only in Nigeria that i see such a high level of ignorance in students in tertiary educational institutes. What a shame.
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by hymen(f): 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2009
Q:WHEN WILL THE SUFFERING OF NIGERIAN STUDENTS PEOPLE END?

A:WHEN JESUS COMES  grin grin grin

I know this is really sad,I'm sorry,but  this was too funny to let go off  cheesy
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by marcol(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2009
am not proud to be a nigerian student.what i can only believe does minister's chldren dat went out wen things are though they will def come an meet us. grin[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by oge4real(f): 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2009
Sure, it will end, after a revolution.
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by Okaakoko(m): 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2009
With this government or their kind, I can assure you it will go on like this
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by Nezan(m): 6:00pm On Oct 13, 2009
As far as ASUU remains selfish, it shall never end.
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by Passie(m): 6:08pm On Oct 13, 2009
It will end Tomorrrow
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by youngmonie: 6:12pm On Oct 13, 2009
when u ppl vote for me in 2011 election for presidenttt, grin
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by cvibe: 6:20pm On Oct 13, 2009
It will end soon.
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by Ben13: 6:49pm On Oct 13, 2009
some comments here are thrilling. grin Naija need shedding of blood.
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by DEWISE01(m): 6:56pm On Oct 13, 2009
god will make a way where it seems to be no way.so,lets pray god intervene in this matter.i beleive
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:08pm On Oct 13, 2009
things will change for the better soon, i believe.
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by CrudeOil2(m): 7:15pm On Oct 13, 2009
If the government begins to take the education system in the country seriously. The Nigerian education system is suffering, not the the students alone. The lecturers are not enjoying the incessant strikes, they want change.
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by lawrence83: 7:23pm On Oct 13, 2009
More to come, this is just the beginning.
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by Princek12(m): 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2009
One day, surely one day, bushmeat go catch the hunter.
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:31pm On Oct 13, 2009
bushmeat? grin
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by Theblessed(f): 7:37pm On Oct 13, 2009
DE WISE 01:

god will make a way where it seems to be no way.so,lets pray god intervene in this matter.i beleive
But how small is your God that you write his name in small letter? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by Homonide: 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2009
This is a very interesting and complicated thread. There is no gainsaying the fact that Nigerian students have become the proverbial grass that suffers when the Elephants- the Federal government and ASUU fight over one thing or another, resulting in prolonged strikes which have crippled our educational system.
I intend to look at this problem from this point: What has the National Association of Nigerian students(NANS) done, as a stakeholder in the educational system?Over the years, NANS have become so irrelevant, fighting only for their selfish interests and therefore neglecting the mandate given to them by Nigerian students. If we, the students can't even fight for ourselves, then who will?
We can continue to heap blames on the Government for not doing anything to address the decay in the system, or ASUU for being greedy, thereby disturbing the academic calender at will, but the fact still remains that we,th students have not done enough to tackle this perennial problem of strikes.
I could write the whole day on this, but to answer the question: I hope so. I hope that one that, we shall be delivered from a government bent on destroying the very base, on which the development of this country depend on- Education.
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by OnlineGuru(m): 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2009
If we continue to look up to our weak leaders, it will never end.

Nigerian student needs to work their way to the top.

Peace Nigerian students,
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by veravin: 9:56pm On Oct 13, 2009
Yes someday it will all end.
The earth rotates in O just like the old days.

E.g
Egypt suffered from the hand of pharoah years back and the whole thing ended in 1 day. Now egypt is fine.
Other countries suffered too.

Don't  worry, things has better times and worse times.
The bad times stays long and good times, short.

Soon, it will all be OK
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by Utaroz(m): 10:41pm On Oct 13, 2009
One Day!
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by chivo: 11:40pm On Oct 13, 2009
A country that have refused to plan for the youth are indeed planing to fail,EDUCATION is important as crude oil is important to Nigeria.other countries after revolution sent their people to acquire knowledge abroad then return back home to impact that which they have learnt to their people. for instance, CUBA ,IRAN did it. so what we need first is revolution followed by massive training,so that we can take over from expatriates,nationalised all foreign owned oil companies.
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by mamagee6(f): 12:31am On Oct 14, 2009
When Yarasick is ready to rule our country like a real leader. cool
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by Raymond4kc: 1:04am On Oct 14, 2009
BEING NEGATIVE IN THIS ISSUE CANT HELP ANY THING. I ADVICE ALL NIGERIAN STUDENT TO REMAIN OPTIMISTIC AND ALWAYS HAVE IT IN MIND THAT GOD MADE YOU A NIGERIAN FOR A PURPOSE AND HE KNEW BEFORE NOW THAT SOMETHING LIKE THIS WOULD CROP UP FROM TIME TO TIME. ALSO NOTICE THAT, YOUR DESTINED GREATNESS CANNOT BE STOPPED BY ANY THING (BE IT STRIKE). JUST TRY TO CHANGE THE LITTLE WORLD AROUND YOU AND ALLOW GOD TO DO HIS OWN.

STIR UP THE YOU IN YOU AND REMEMBER YOU ARE WHAT YOU CONFESS. GOD BLESS NIGERIA !
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by picoba(m): 2:20am On Oct 14, 2009
Every thing that has beginning must surely has an end. ASSU strike will die like June 12 election.
Some children will not even experience strike here in Nigeria in the nearest feature.

This will come to reality when Nigeria is
having good representatives in the Senate and House of Rep.
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by baekdoosan(m): 2:50am On Oct 14, 2009
it will change when they realize that they cannot change their country, and their children's children will never see the change of Nigeria. So instead of waisting your life in Nigeria, Leave![color=][/color]
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by tnydm(m): 3:25am On Oct 14, 2009
The sufferkng will never end, until we are ready to take our destiny into our hands, join the move www.tnydm.lefora.com
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by FBS: 7:01am On Oct 14, 2009
It will.
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by lawisong(m): 7:40am On Oct 14, 2009
Okay, i know the nigerian students have suffered a lot but i am someone that like looking at things from both sides. I understand that the nigerian government is not effective as regards the educational sector. but come to think of it. How much is the school fees in our tertiary institution? I graduated from a federal university in 2007 and my school fees then was N8000. Presently i dont know how much federal institutions pay but i believe the basic school fee should not be more than N50,000. Now if you get the dollar equivalent of our school fees you will laugh at how much the nigerian student in a federal institution pays. We actually pay one of the cheapest school fees in the world for a university education. I hear some people comparing the facilities in nigerian schools to what is obtainable in other parts of the world. How dare you? do you know how much those students outside the country pay? I feel it is wickedness for us to expect the federal government to upgrade our facilities to world standard while we continue to pay fees below world standard. i know you will argue that there is money in the country but even in  Dubai where they have oil wealth the schools there pay higher than what we pay here. What i am trying to say here is that before nigerian students will start to enjoy quality ed=ucation, it is not by strike action but by paying good fees to match world standard. The facilities we have befits the fees we pay believe me. If you doubt me them check out other sector of the economy that is run by the govt. The govt tried to run the telecom industry for years but because of this same low payment it couldn't. Today we celebrate the Gsm companies but we forget that we pay more now compared to what nitel was charging and if govt had asked us to pay what the gsm comapnies are charging we will all go on strike and protest. In some states that handed over their secondary schools back to the missionaries, most students dropped out because they couldnt pay the fees the missionaries where now charging compared= to what government was collecting. We supply light to ghana and= they pay heavily for the service so they have steady power supply. If we are charged the same exorbitant amount alot of us will suffer and= our businesses will collapse. You cannot compare a car of N1.5 million to a car of N400,000.

lets face the fact, if the government agrees to upgrade our facilities to world standard and then ask us to pay N80,000 per session how many students can afford it? Yet we compare the govt institution to Covenant university and igbinedion university. do u think they pay peanuts there? I feel nigerian govt is trying to let every nigerian have a feel of what university education is all about, upon that the illiteracy level is still high, how much more when the fees are increased. Please students go and get a feel of university education, many have passed through this same nigerian eucational system and went overseas for their masters yet they compete very well with their foreign counterparts. its not matter of the system but the individual. if you are determined to succeed not even nigerian educational system can deter you.

no mind me o, me too wish nigerian schools can be upgraded but i'm just trying to let us see the other side of the coin, so make una no crucify me. Having vomitted all, i beg to leave.
Re: Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? by vmark: 8:04am On Oct 14, 2009
It's so unfair on the students, having to sit idly at home while our leaders play politics with their future, with their kids in foreign schools, it's no big deal if the strike prolongs for ever. I know how that feels, having to stay home for months, Dear God save this country from the abyss! when are we going to ever learn to do things right?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Student Scores 107 In Jamb And Gets Admission To Study Med/sug In Obafemi Awol / How Much Is University Fees? / 19 Stunning Photos Where Reality Easily Beats Photoshop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.