Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,995 members, 7,936,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 07:22 AM

FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale (23856 Views)

Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed / Assets Sale: NLC To Protest Nationwide, Enlists 20 Lawyers / PENGASSAN Threatens Strike Over Assets Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by permsec: 10:17am On Sep 27, 2016
grin grin grin
Dyt:
Awon eleribu
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by kingraj01: 10:23am On Sep 27, 2016
No to sale of assert. we can borrow, borrowing as been part of Nigeria since 90s. #KeepBorrowing #0AssertSale.
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by Nbote(m): 10:31am On Sep 27, 2016
Dear govt, pls in ur state of confusion don't forget to sell off some non performing states especially in the northern parts.
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by notoriousbabe: 10:34am On Sep 27, 2016
Abooooki always like to rule and dominate yet they know nothing about leadership and governance
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by notoriousbabe: 10:35am On Sep 27, 2016
Dyt:
Awon eleribu
ka da fun won lai. Ofo ni omi eko nse ofo ni gbogbo won o se
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by NairaMaster1(m): 10:40am On Sep 27, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Confused Government grin grin grin
and APC

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by Onegai(f): 10:49am On Sep 27, 2016
Optimum20:
Sometime ago Lagos state divested its interest in Econet as it was then called. Lagos was suffering from the withholding of its funds by Obj. Lagos used the money to do some stuff and some went ...... Delta state did the same divestment and Ibori did what he knows to do best.
Nigeria has 35,000 km of federally constructed roads. As at today only about 6,000 are good, 11,000 passable and the rest in deplorable conditions. Many can be death traps based on our driving culture.

Water irrigation in Nigeria is less than 8% of arable land. Successive lip service to irrigation keeps the farming at subsistence levels. Crop growing is still seasonal.

The current Federal education infrastructure gap is horrific. Ironically there are funds trapped in the UBE system not accessed by states.
That we lack primary health care is to state the obvious. After Professor Olikoye Ransome Kuti under the IBB regime, no serious attention has been paid to primary health care.

One good thing the GEJ administration did was to improve aviation safe through the deployment of Tracon. The Airports though are beyond the second century. Muritala Mohammed is a blight on the face of Lagos.

When Fashola planted flowers in Lagos, Lagosians complained loudly. One day I was in the company of Rohr the Country head of WB then and he said that beautification of Lagos improved its ranking on the doing business index.

The point, you need money to make money. You want to diversify revenue, you need cash to do it.
There are challenges here. Cash alone will not do it. But go see business plans that litter dustbins because the ideas could not get seed funding.

well said. But will it work for a country, not just a state?
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by Mztadhee(m): 10:57am On Sep 27, 2016
repogirl:
But we have to reason that selling off might actually be what we need at this point. The government obviously can't manage the assets well, so why not sell it to people that will?

Just as how Obasanjo did the telecoms industry which has now put a phone in everyone's hand when NITEL was fucking up.

What's the use of holding on to something which is being improperly managed and not yielding as much returns as it should?
Don't mind our people. They tend to politicize everything even when even when the facts are obvious. But on the other hand, I feel the blame is largely on the government. Their public relations is very poor, and is affecting their accountability.
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by honeychild(f): 11:11am On Sep 27, 2016
chiedu7:
[size=15pt]they want to take the assets of the south and sell to the northerners![/size]

Why can't rich southerners buy it?
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by SycophanticGoat: 11:22am On Sep 27, 2016
Agimor:
So TSA is suddenly to the extent that we have to sell our assets to fund next year budget at this point I think Buhari and it's team are inept.

You people don't even know what they're talking about.. They are selling the assets to fund 2016 (a year that has almost ended) budget and you're talking about next year. Next year they may sell all the remaining assets to fund 2017 budget and by 2018, they will sell individuals into slavery in order to be able to fund 2018 budget. By 2019, they'll have nothing else to sell apart from themselves...
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 27, 2016
repogirl:
But we have to reason that selling off might actually be what we need at this point. The government obviously can't manage the assets well, so why not sell it to people that will?

Just as how Obasanjo did the telecoms industry which has now put a phone in everyone's hand when NITEL was fucking up.

What's the use of holding on to something which is being improperly managed and not yielding as much returns as it should?

Manage what my friend? Is the nlng doing badly? Is it the fg that is managing it?

Why not employ consultants to manage the refinery and others.
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by rlauncher(m): 1:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
chiedu7:
[size=15pt]they want to take the assets of the south and sell to the northerners![/size]

Shut up there! National assets belong to all Nigerians. shocked shocked shocked cheesy grin
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by rlauncher(m): 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

You people don't even know what they're talking about.. They are selling the assets to fund 2016 (a year that has almost ended) budget and you're talking about next year. Next year they may sell all the remaining assets to fund 2017 budget and by 2018, they will sell individuals into slavery in order to be able to fund 2018 budget. By 2019, they'll have nothing else to sell apart from themselves...

Stop misinforming the public.

(1) They are only selling 5% of their 49% stake in LNG.

(2) The FG does not have the money to fund this years budget. It is just on paper but no money. All the government earns now can only cater for civil servants salaries leaving out the capital projects.

(3) Parts of the money to be generated will also be used in 2017 budget.

(4)If money is not urgently raised , the economic situation will worsen as government contractors will not be paid; more people will lose their jobs and recovery from recession will take s longer time to achieve.

Those of you criticising the government, what are your own practical suggestions for saving the economy. If you don't have any , you should keep your mouth shut. tongue shocked angry
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by chiedu7: 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2016
rlauncher:

Shut up there! National assets belong to all Nigerians. shocked shocked shocked cheesy grin

Go to the Niger Delta and tell them that now, LEECH! grin
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by chiedu7: 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
honeychild:

Why can't rich southerners buy it?

Where have you been?

haven't seen Buhari doing everything for the North, why will this be different?
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by Peace2love: 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
I just bought a bottle of cool drink to know if I can swallow #CHANGE BEGIN WITH ME pill, na him dey carry this one come again. Una wen kill this country? Did I hear National Asset on sale? hmmmm. Buyers beware, NIGERIA is not for sale.

Where I come from selling of family land is consider as an abomination.

[b][/b]PLEASE LETS JOIN HANDS TOGETHER AND STOP THEM[i][/i]

1 Like

Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by SycophanticGoat: 5:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
rlauncher:

Stop misinforming the public.

(1) They are only selling 5% of their 49% stake in LNG.

(2) The FG does not have the money to fund this years budget. It is just on paper but no money.

(3) Parts of the money to be generated will also be used in 2017 budget.

(4)If money is not urgently raised , the economic situation will worsen as government contractors will not be paid; more people will lose their jobs and recovery from recession will take s longer time to achieve.

Those of you criticising the government, what are your own practical suggestions for saving the economy. If you don't have any , you should keep your mouth shut. tongue shocked angry

I should stop misinforming the public because I'm the media and the people within the presidency that talked about funding of the 2016 budget. Guess you know more than they do..

And stop asking me silly and useless question because our own renowned professor and an achiever, Prof. Charles Soludo has come out to talk extensively regarding the issue at hand and how to get the economy going. He also advised agaisnt assets sales. Do you know more than he does? Or I guess you turned a blind eye to his statements because it didn't massage the ego of your useless dullard in Aso Rock.

Next time you got a silly question, take such and shove it anywhere you got hole ok?
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by honeychild(f): 9:09pm On Sep 28, 2016
chiedu7:

Where have you been?

haven't seen Buhari doing everything for the North, why will this be different?

Is it Buhari that is buying it? At least let the southerners bid first na.
Re: FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale by chiedu7: 5:43am On Sep 29, 2016
honeychild:

Is it Buhari that is buying it? At least let the southerners bid first na.
when the guy ignores the south

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Meets With Saraki And Dogara Behind Closed Door / Onitsha-Asaba Head Bridge Locked Down Due To Delta State L.G Elections (Photos) / Okonjo-iweala: My Life Threatened For Saving Nigeria $3.6bn From Ghost Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.