Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,158 members, 7,890,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:15 AM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (1601 Views)

Organized Religion A Tool Of Control And Manipulation / 250,000 Gather For Program Organized By Just Christ Embassy Lagos Zone 2 [PICS] / You Know That Organized Religion Is A Lie- So Why Don't You Help Fix It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Joeblis(m): 12:03am On Sep 28, 2016
I'm passing through the most difficult moments of my life and I feel that any decision I make at this period is crucial and will eventually shape the rest of my life.

Many questions have been running through my mind many of which I haven't gotten answers to, I have gone through countless research on science and philosophy looking for answers still haven't found any, this quest have expanded my view and changed my mindset totally.

Religion doesn't appeal to me anymore but I still believe in God wholeheartedly or I'm I confused?....I can't figure I have been having sleepless nights.

The atmosphere of Christianity in Nigeria is not encouraging and I need to pull out for the sake of my mind. there are many things on my mind I'd like to write but I hate length post. the question is can I be deist and still have affiliations with Christianity? is there any other way to seek God apart from organized religion? am I being Shortsighted? I'm just confused. I'm really open minded and ready to consider any premise that makes sense to me.

I'm about rounding up my first degree after which I'm considering going for a theology degree, I know for sure there is something beyond this earth humans can't comprehend of which I won't let humans with the same thinking capability as me help me figure. I want to seek God my own way. please mature peeps in the house should help me.

1 Like

Re: . by Joeblis(m): 12:26am On Sep 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog, Richirich713, anas09,
Tufanja, elantraceey, OLAADEGBU, KingEbukaNaija, UyiIredia,
Drefan2, 4evergod2,
lordnicklaus,pidggin,
4evergod, lordnicklaus, winner01, Miladi
Any help?,
Re: . by otemanuduno: 2:25am On Sep 28, 2016
Joeblis:
I'm passing through the most difficult moments of my life and I feel that any decision I make at this period is crucial and will eventually shape the rest of my life.

Many questions have been running through my mind many of which I haven't gotten answers to, I have gone through countless research on science and philosophy looking for answers still haven't found any, this quest have expanded my view and changed my mindset totally.

Religion doesn't appeal to me anymore but I still believe in God wholeheartedly or I'm I confused?....I can't figure I have been having sleepless nights.

The atmosphere of Christianity in Nigeria is not encouraging and I need to pull out for the sake of my mind. there are many things on my mind I'd like to write but I hate length post. the question is can I be deist and still have affiliations with Christianity? is there any other way to seek God apart from organized religion? am I being Shortsighted? I'm just confused. I'm really open minded and ready to consider any premise that makes sense to me.

I'm about rounding up my first degree after which I'm considering going for a theology degree, I know for sure there is something beyond this earth humans can't comprehend of which I won't let humans with the same thinking capability as me help me figure. I want to seek God my own way. please mature peeps in the house should help me.

This has been prophesied by Knoliud, the Knowledge of Almighty God millions of years back.

See all the mysteries of the world here: https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos

I AM OTEM, SENT TO REVEAL ALL THE TRUTHS IN THE LOST AND HIDDEN SCROLLS FROM THE TIME WHEN THE ALMIGHTY GOD MADE THE UNIVERSE WITH A BIG BANG AND THEN TILL THE PRESENT TIME, EVEN TILL THE FUTURE TIMES.
Re: . by Joeblis(m): 2:56am On Sep 28, 2016
otemanuduno:

This has been prophesied by Knoliud, the Knowledge of Almighty God millions of years back.

See all the mysteries of the world here: https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos

I AM OTEM, SENT TO REVEAL ALL THE TRUTHS IN THE LOST AND HIDDEN SCROLLS FROM THE TIME WHEN THE ALMIGHTY GOD MADE THE UNIVERSE WITH A BIG BANG AND THEN TILL THE PRESENT TIME, EVEN TILL THE FUTURE TIMES.
Thank you very much for your time, but your knowledge is not convincing enough I have read slightly through it before...like I said in my op I'm asking if its possible to seek God without the interference of any religion.
Re: . by otemanuduno: 3:01am On Sep 28, 2016
Joeblis:
Thank you very much for your time, but your knowledge is not convincing enough I have read slightly through it before...like I said in my op I'm asking if its possible to seek God without the interference of any religion.

You can't get full knowledge by reading slightly.
Re: . by Joeblis(m): 8:25am On Sep 28, 2016
so no response from anyone?
Re: . by onetrack(m): 8:28am On Sep 28, 2016
Which god are you going to seek? And how will you know you have found her?
Re: . by Pidggin(f): 8:43am On Sep 28, 2016
Joeblis:

God bless you brethren. The word of God says "Thou shall not forsake the fellowship of brethrens"

You cannot follow God on your own without an affiliation with a community of God's people because this is God's blue print for Christians.

The main reason for this is because when you follow Christ you become an enemy of the world and its ruler. You cannot be effective on your own as the saints have been given gifts to help uphold the Church and advance God's Kingdom on earth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by winner01(m): 10:05am On Sep 28, 2016
First and foremost, I'm happy that you believe in God. I'm also happy that you're open minded.
It is true that whatever decision you make about the existence and personality of God will affect how you live life here on earth and even determine your beyond. It is the most important decision in the life of man.

I want you to know that we all have questions. I have my questions about my faith. No human can ever claim to have answers to all questions, christian or not. Even the most intelligent of men cannot claim to have all the answers to lifes questions. Its all too complex and our life time is too short to understand a fraction of it.

I quite agree with you on the terrible atmosphere of christianity in Nigeria. I was not a christian myself as an undergraduate. During NYSC in the east, I was gradually becoming a devout christian, there were few churches I tried attending. I attended a winners chapel branch in awka, anambra state one sunday and my heart broke. It was a money showoff right in the church. The testimony givers had to be those whose favours ranked up to millions of naira. I couldnt even listen to the message, how could I? I attend another branch, it was the same. I attend Redeem too, it was the same money focus. Being a New convert, this things put me off.

Leaving out churches and its leaders, even the body of the church (individuals) are also guilty. Many people are only christians on sunday, they live as though they do not believe in God for the rest of the week. Its heartbreaking. I've personally experienced the self-righteousness and hypocrisy of many christians and pastors.
It seems as if the church is turning people away from itself.
Admist all these negatives, I like to think of the church as an hospital, which accomodates the sick. I like to think of the congregation as people who are sick, some who are responding to treatment e.t.c.
What I wont do however is to dismiss the credibility of the hospital and its founder. And you shouldn't either.

The Bible made some extraordinary claims. Jesus is one of those claims. Its why skeptics must try to dissmiss that Jesus ever existed. Jesus made claims no other man made, He claimed to be Son of God, He claimed to be there in the inception of our world. He claimed to have all the power in heaven and in earth. He claimed to be the only way to God. Most importantly, He claimed to be CHRIST, the saviour of the world.
At first, many of his disciples had their reservations about his person.
Well, I wont want to go into the validity of those claims, but Him being the only way to God is one which I want you to consider. For there is no salvation in any other.

Deism, the belief in a God who has abandoned his creatures does not appeal to me. I like to think of men as gods. We strive daily to imitate God. We create beauty and rule over it. What man wont do, is to create beauty and abandon it.
I dont think you can serve Christ, the saviour of the world, and a God who has abandoned his creation. It negates the worldview of christianity.
I accept there are many questions surrounding the universe, many controversies surrounding the christian worldview, and this is what we should expect.
I mean, if we understood the fullness and entirety of God our Creator, then what does that make us?

The most important thing as I strive to understand this strange place i've found myself is Jesus Christ. I believe He will also make your paths straight if you acknowledge Him in your journey of life.

I have something that might help you, something that might answer a good part of your questions. You can send me an e-mail, so we can interact better.

2 Likes

Re: . by Joeblis(m): 10:49am On Sep 28, 2016
Pidggin:

God bless you brethren. The word of God says "Thou shall not forsake the fellowship of brethrens"

You cannot follow God on your own without an affiliation with a community of God's people because this is God's blue print for Christians.

The main reason for this is because when you follow Christ you become an enemy of the world and its ruler. You cannot be effective on your own as the saints have been given gifts to help uphold the Church and advance God's Kingdom on earth.
Thank you so much for your response...I you use to be a real devoted Christian but suddenly everything came crumbling when I began reading abstractly away from the bible.
it'll take me time to adjust I just don't want to make a mistake I need to take my time.

1 Like

Re: . by Joeblis(m): 11:02am On Sep 28, 2016
winner01:
First and foremost, I'm happy that you believe in God. I'm also happy that you're open minded.
It is true that whatever decision you make about the existence and personality of God will affect how you live life here on earth and even determine your beyond. It is the most important decision in the life of man.

I want you to know that we all have questions. I have my questions about my faith. No human can ever claim to have answers to all questions, christian or not. Even the most intelligent of men cannot claim to have all the answers to lifes questions. Its all too complex and our life time is too short to understand a fraction of it.

I quite agree with you on the terrible atmosphere of christianity in Nigeria. I was not a christian myself as an undergraduate. During NYSC in the east, I was gradually becoming a devout christian, there were few churches I tried attending. I attended a winners chapel branch in awka, anambra state one sunday and my heart broke. It was a money showoff right in the church. The testimony givers had to be those whose favours ranked up to millions of naira. I couldnt even listen to the message, how could I? I attend another branch, it was the same. I attend Redeem too, it was the same money focus. Being a New convert, this things put me off.

Leaving out churches and its leaders, even the body of the church (individuals) are also guilty. Many people are only christians on sunday, they live as though they do not believe in God for the rest of the week. Its heartbreaking. I've personally experienced the self-righteousness and hypocrisy of many christians and pastors.
It seems as if the church is turning people away from itself.
Admist all these negatives, I like to think of the church as an hospital, which accomodates the sick. I like to think of the congregation as people who are sick, some who are responding to treatment e.t.c.
What I wont do however is to dismiss the credibility of the hospital and its founder. And you shouldn't either.

The Bible made some extraordinary claims. Jesus is one of those claims. Its why skeptics must try to dissmiss that Jesus ever existed. Jesus made claims no other man made, He claimed to be Son of God, He claimed to be there in the inception of our world. He claimed to have all the power in heaven and in earth. He claimed to be the only way to God. Most importantly, He claimed to be CHRIST, the saviour of the world.
At first, many of his disciples had their reservations about his person.
Well, I wont want to go into the validity of those claims, but Him being the only way to God is one which I want you to consider. For there is no salvation in any other.

Deism, the belief in a God who has abandoned his creatures does not appeal to me. I like to think of men as gods. We strive daily to imitate God. We create beauty and rule over it. What man wont do, is to create beauty and abandon it.
I dont think you can serve Christ, the saviour of the world, and a God who has abandoned his creation. It negates the worldview of christianity.
I accept there are many questions surrounding the universe, many controversies surrounding the christian worldview, and this is what we should expect.
I mean, if we understood the fullness and entirety of God our Creator, then what does that make us?

The most important thing as I strive to understand this strange place i've found myself is Jesus Christ. I believe He will also make your paths straight if you acknowledge Him in your journey of life.

I have something that might help you, something that might answer a good part of your questions. You can send me an e-mail, so we can interact better.
so how do you manage to find a good church after your search? I'll just give up on my search because with the way I'm going I may run mad due to frequent thinking and countless night of reading, my head have been aching me I have read on all the major religion and non of them seem to make sense to me and being an atheist would be foolish cause I know there is a creative force somewhere.
thank you so much for your time I'll ponder on your point.
sent you the email.
Re: . by frubben(m): 11:15am On Sep 28, 2016
Brother the simple truth is, the more you visit religious gathering (church) the more u doubt God because of what you would see there. Stay at home study your bible regularly, let the holy Spirit be your true guild and always be open minded, look for people of like mind and christ like to share the scripture with. That's how I overcome this organize religion. God bless u.
Re: . by EyeHateGod: 12:14pm On Sep 28, 2016
Just become a [size=20pt]Deist[/size]

1 Like

Re: . by Pidggin(f): 12:30pm On Sep 28, 2016
Joeblis:
Thank you so much for your response...I you use to be a real devoted Christian but suddenly everything came crumbling when I began reading abstractly away from the bible.
it'll take me time to adjust I just don't want to make a mistake I need to take my time.

Ywc. It seems the Holy Spirit is already working on you smiley
Re: . by pr0blem: 1:14pm On Sep 28, 2016
frubben:
Brother the simple truth is, the more you visit religious gathering (church) the more u doubt God because of what you would see there. Stay at home study your bible regularly, let the holy Spirit be your true guild and always be open minded, look for people of like mind and christ like to share the scripture with. That's how I overcome this organize religion. God bless u.

Joeblis, I quite agree with this post. Jesus is not a Christian, God is not a Christian. The same Bible you're holding says God is Love (explaining a lot to help the PRESENT NOW).

Let your spiritualism be in pursuit of Love. You'll find God, just as you're finding yourself (and all peoples). You could never stray, for all paths are in God. Follow the peace in your heart, for peace is the voice of the Shepherd that calls.
Re: . by winner01(m): 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2016
Joeblis:
so how do you manage to find a good church after your search? I'll just give up on my search because with the way I'm going I may run mad due to frequent thinking and countless night of reading, my head have been aching me I have read on all the major religion and non of them seem to make sense to me and being an atheist would be foolish cause I know there is a creative force somewhere.
sent you the email.
There are many good churches out there that still teach truth. I respect many men of God in Nigeria: Adeboye, Selman, Olukoya, Oyedepo, Gbile Akanni etc. but many ordaining processes are not properly drilled, hence the reason for this deviation.
You may need to find a good church with the help of the Holy Spirit. I personally dont buy the idea of staying at home because you dont like your neighbourhood church. Dont forget that the Bible stresses the importance of fellowship. It is vital for your Christian growth, it also serves as a positive example to those who read you and not the Bible. Jesus Christ also went to church.
These are challenging times whether we like it or not, and we must stand up to these challenges.

1 Like

Re: . by keandre: 7:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
otemanuduno:

You can't get full knowledge by reading slightly.
Still Expecting That Stuff, Hope Dey So
Re: . by justlove91(m): 7:44pm On Sep 28, 2016
Joeblis:

Why worry about being religious? I will advise you to read about near death experiences near-death.com
Re: . by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:43am On Oct 01, 2016
Joeblis:

Christianity is not about religion it's about having a living relationship with God through our Lord Jesus. Do you know Jesus as your Saviour and Lord? undecided

1 Like

Re: . by frank317: 5:44am On Oct 01, 2016
Joeblis:

What are you seeking a God for? What benefit will that give u? Why do u think u are obligated to worship an imaginary being that no one has ever seen?

Isn't it time we do away with this slave mentality and live a peacful life. Serving any God is just a useless venture for a mind that lack self confidence.

Why not live ur life and if any God exist he will reach u if he feels the need? If u think being good is a good thing, then be good and forget about God and religions.
Re: . by Hiswordxray(m): 11:13am On Oct 01, 2016
Joeblis:
sent you the email.
What you are searching for outside is inside. What you are searching for in the letters of books is in the spirit. Why do you struggle to know religion when you can know God.
You believe in God? Fine
You believe Jesus is the way? Very good

Then go to God through Jesus and know Him. Talk to God, He is not mute. Even if you don't hear Him immediately, it could be because your hearing is not tune to Him. Have faith, continue to communicate to Him and you would soon hear His voice clearly. Just have faith that He speaks and wants to have a relationship with you. Soon you would come to know Him and enjoy Him as He direct you and show you His heart.
Re: . by Joeblis(m): 10:41am On Dec 02, 2019
Joeblis:

Lolz I can't believe I wrote this. So much has changed within those period and I can solidly say Christ is the only way.

(1) (Reply)

A New Thread: The Religious Hall Of Shame!!! / African Skin, Colonized Minds. / OMG!! See This Pastor Post "That Got Nigerians Talking And Clapping"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.