Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,125 members, 7,963,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 03:48 PM

THe Runners Bread Devotional Apostle Anselm Madubuko Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THe Runners Bread Devotional Apostle Anselm Madubuko Tuesday, October 11, 2016 (494 Views)

Free Shopping At Apostle Suleman's Church In Lagos, Omega Fire Ministry / Lizzy Johnson Suleman's Shopping Mall, Petrol Station Birthday Gift From Apostle / ''Tithes And Offerings Don't Buy Jets'' - Apostle Anselm Madubuko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THe Runners Bread Devotional Apostle Anselm Madubuko Tuesday, October 11, 2016 by Penaldo: 3:12pm On Oct 11, 2016
THE RUNNERS BREAD DEVOTIONAL
Apostle Anselm Madubuko
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2016

LIVING AND LIFTED BY GRACE

“What then? Shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom you obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness” ROMANS 6:15-16 AMP

We are looking at the same scripture we studied yesterday. If through this devotional I fulfill this hunger in me to help you learn to receive the grace of God, then both of us should see a practical, positive result in our lives. That result is that we get holier and holier and holier. Grace is not just an excuse to stay the way we are, claiming that we do not have to do anything about ourselves and our lives because we are not under the Law but under grace. That is the mistake the early believers were making. That is why Paul had to rebuke them and correct their thinking.
Yes, God’s grace will keep us from condemnation even though we sin. God's grace does keep our names written in the Lamb's Book of Life even though we are not perfect. God's grace does save us, declare us righteous in His sight, assure us His blessings and a home in Heaven, carry us through this life and give us peace of mind and heart and many other wonderful things. But God's grace does more than all of that, it also teaches us to live as God intends for us to live - which is in holiness. God's grace is given to us to do more than give us the power to live, it is also given to us to lift us out of sin. The grace of God lifts us from sin and helps us live in holiness.
It is dangerous to see only one side of an issue, because that leads to an unbalanced perspective. That is why some ministers will not preach on grace, because they are afraid that people will use it as an excuse to sin, to stay as they are and lead sloppy, undisciplined lives.
But I have a little different perspective on grace. I believe that if no one ever preaches and teaches grace, then believers will never be able to receive the power they need to rise above their sins and overcome their problems. I am convinced that most Christians are not looking for an excuse to sin, but for the power to live holy lives. That power is in the Holy Spirit, you need to be sincere with yourself and truthful to God. Stop hiding stuffs, stop excusing stuffs, stop searching for explanations that can give you tough skin, stop pampering what you should kill. Don’t let what should die live, the Holy Spirit is still changing lives. It is possible to be holy. Come out of guilt, you are forgiven, rely on the Holy Spirit, He is your helper. Stop sounding ok with sin, yes you know there is death in that pot. Be healed in Jesus name. May holy hatred against sin be planted in your heart today in Jesus name. Stop tolerating it, rebuke the spirit and live in freedom. Have a blessed day!
APOSTLE’S DECREE: Receive the power of the Holy Ghost.
PRAYER: Because I have the power of the Holy Spirit, I am living a life of the supernatural in Jesus name.
BIBLE STUDY: Romans 15:1-16, Proverbs 11.

Culled From Palmchat
(/palmchatnow)

(1) (Reply)

Pastors And Scaming. The TB Joshua Example / My Marriage Must Not Fail / Santa Claus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.