Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,193 members, 7,936,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 08:04 PM

Much Ado About "The Other Room" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Much Ado About "The Other Room" (590 Views)

Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) / The Graduation Spot And Other Room! / In The Other Room. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Much Ado About "The Other Room" by dharmie(f): 11:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
…So the new slang in town is the “other room”

President Muhammed Buhari’s famous/ notorious quote “my wife belongs in the kitchen, the living room and the other room” has got the whole world talking.

This post is not about the appropriateness ( or otherwise ) of the president’s words. Rather, it is more of a scrutiny of the real reason the people, especially women are enraged.

Let’s beam a searchlight on the place of a woman, a wife and a mother in the home. My case study are my mother and aunt. (These women I have grown up to watch, study and learn from).

A woman’s place is in the kitchen. There’s hardly a meal she can’t prepare. A woman is a nurturer. she provides nutrients for the body.

Yes! Her place is in the living room. she monitors what programme her children watches. She ensures her kids are not exposed to obscene scenes and languages in the name of entertainment.

I need not be in their “other room” to know a wife’s duty is to attend to her husband’s emotional needs and give him sexual satisfaction.

But beyond all these, a woman also works or sells( or does both) and contribute her quota to balance the financial needs of the home.

So, has the president goofed in stating that his wife’s place is in the kitchen, living room and other room? Frankly NO.

However, there is a major goof if Mr President or any man believes that that that’s where a woman’s influence ends or underestimates the importance of a woman being in the kitchen, the living room or other room.

To be candid, I believe one of the major reasons we have more disillusioned, ill mannered and ill trained kids is because we have many women, wives and mothers neglect the kitchen, the living room and the other room.So the kids are left to their own devices and they take up classes with Toke Makinwa, Cossy Orijafor, Idris Olanrewaju A.K.A Bobrisky, etc.

So the next time you express your displeasure about the President’s speech, please be precise. Is it because of the perceived underestimation of this important role a woman plays in society building?

But if it is because you think a woman’s place is not in the kitchen, living room, and the other room, then don’t be dismayed that your teenagers’ life goals are to bleach their skin, walk half nude, kiss strangers and have one night stands.

source: https://juasolo./2016/10/19/much-ado-about-the-other-room/
Re: Much Ado About "The Other Room" by Coldfeets: 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
dharmie:
…So the new slang in town is the “other room”

President Muhammed Buhari’s famous/ notorious quote “my wife belongs in the kitchen, the living room and the other room” has got the whole world talking.

This post is not about the appropriateness ( or otherwise ) of the president’s words. Rather, it is more of a scrutiny of the real reason the people, especially women are enraged.

Let’s beam a searchlight on the place of a woman, a wife and a mother in the home. My case study are my mother and aunt. (These women I have grown up to watch, study and learn from).

A woman’s place is in the kitchen. There’s hardly a meal she can’t prepare. A woman is a nurturer. she provides nutrients for the body.

Yes! Her place is in the living room. she monitors what programme her children watches. She ensures her kids are not exposed to obscene scenes and languages in the name of entertainment.

I need not be in their “other room” to know a wife’s duty is to attend to her husband’s emotional needs and give him sexual satisfaction.

But beyond all these, a woman also works or sells( or does both) and contribute her quota to balance the financial needs of the home.

So, has the president goofed in stating that his wife’s place is in the kitchen, living room and other room? Frankly NO.

However, there is a major goof if Mr President or any man believes that that that’s where a woman’s influence ends or underestimates the importance of a woman being in the kitchen, the living room or other room.

To be candid, I believe one of the major reasons we have more disillusioned, ill mannered and ill trained kids is because we have many women, wives and mothers neglect the kitchen, the living room and the other room.So the kids are left to their own devices and they take up classes with Toke Makinwa, Cossy Orijafor, Idris Olanrewaju A.K.A Bobrisky, etc.

So the next time you express your displeasure about the President’s speech, please be precise. Is it because of the perceived underestimation of this important role a woman plays in society building?

But if it is because you think a woman’s place is not in the kitchen, living room, and the other room, then don’t be dismayed that your teenagers’ life goals are to bleach their skin, walk half nude, kiss strangers and have one night stands.

source: https://juasolo./2016/10/19/much-ado-about-the-other-room/

Well said.

(1) (Reply)

Tradefairlagos The Family Choice. / Airtel Feeds 5,000 Nigerians In Five Days Of Love Initiative / Is A Woman Equalled To A Man In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.