Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,918 members, 7,959,885 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 09:25 AM

Five Times Nigerian First Ladies Really Disgraced Naija. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Times Nigerian First Ladies Really Disgraced Naija. (1582 Views)

Nigerian First Ladies At The Amosun/Dabiri's Colourful Wedding Ceremony / Hottest African First Ladies / Aisha Buhari Hosts Former First Ladies, Others At The Villa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Times Nigerian First Ladies Really Disgraced Naija. by saydfact(m): 12:31pm On Nov 07, 2016
In recent years, the office of the first lady has not been without some comedy, drama and jaw breaking events / revelation; in this article we look at Five (5) times events took a ugly turn. On such occasion however, Nigerians didn't 'carry last' as we were quick to jump on the situation and make a good laugh out of them. Afterall; we cannot come and go and kill myself.

Sit-back, relax and enjoy our list starting from the least to the most embarrassing.

No 5:- Aisha Buhari (People are dictating to my husband)

Well, while the statement above is not the actual words of Mrs Aisha Buhari, in an interview with BBC Hausa when asked 'Do you think there are some people that are dictating to the President (Buhari) things to do...' she replied with 'That is what I'm saying' - the issues were further complicated when press men in Germany seized the opportunity to ask the President what his comments are on the interview granted by his wife, the rest like they say is history.
While public opinion varies on if and if not it is a national embarrassment, the fact that things were not handled properly still remains.

No 4:- Stella Obasanjo (Corrupt dealings)

The late first lady known for her colourful and expensive lifestyle, a lifestyle which would later see her die during a tummy tuck and was accused during her time at Aso-Rock to have been involved in corrupt dealings in the contract for the African Games, illegal sale of luxurious government properties among others. RIP

No 3:- Patience Jonathan (Weeps on National TV)

While it is not an embarrasement to have public officers cry on national TV, especially when so many innocent life are involved - the drama surrounding this particular one, makes it an issue to consider and it makes our top3. The first lady while drilling principals of the Chibok school were 234 girls had been abducted by Boko Haram fighters repeated said “There is God o… There is God oo,” and weeped. The video would later go viral on you-tube and top video channels.

No 2:- Patience Jonathan (Buhari is Brain-dead)

This particular statement form Mrs Jonathan got everyone talking, even Abike Dabiri-Erewa labelled the then first lady (Patience) as an embarrassment to Nigerians and crowned it with a statement saying 'Mrs Jonathan is the worst First Lady Nigeria has ever had'.
This event occurred while the present president (PMB) was still an APC presidential candidate and flag bearer in an election which saw Patience and her husband leave the seat of power; Aso Rock.

No 1:- Turai Yar'Adua (Takes Over Reigns of Power)

From sneaking her husband, the then President (Yar'Adua) into the country late into the night, to rumored to have over-tuned the decision of the National Assembly to name Jonathan as the Acting President; this particular event has all the ingredients to be named our No 1 most embarrassing moment (from a first lady) in the history of the office of the first lady.

Thanks for reading, remember to review or give us your top 5.

as copied from www.palmchatnow.com (read more Top 5 there)

1 Like

Re: Five Times Nigerian First Ladies Really Disgraced Naija. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 07, 2016
Is that all shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked How about your mum and wife? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Nonsense contribution in a severe recession time.... angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Five Times Nigerian First Ladies Really Disgraced Naija. by saydfact(m): 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2016
TrueSenator:
Is that all shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked How about your mum and wife? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Nonsense contribution in a severe recession time.... angry angry angry

Yes ooh, that is all but u can add your own, recession or no recession 'i cant come and go and kill myself' cool
Re: Five Times Nigerian First Ladies Really Disgraced Naija. by Teewhy2: 7:30pm On Nov 07, 2016
Na patience carry first, she has more saga to her name and her issues were more dramatic.
Re: Five Times Nigerian First Ladies Really Disgraced Naija. by leofab(f): 7:42pm On Nov 07, 2016
Hey

1 Like

Re: Five Times Nigerian First Ladies Really Disgraced Naija. by Histrings08(m): 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2016
Turai was power drunk, patience grew too powerful, Stella? well I don't know nd nd aisha is bn looked down on
Re: Five Times Nigerian First Ladies Really Disgraced Naija. by Thepasserby(m): 10:34pm On Nov 07, 2016
All these women will just be disgracing our nation kawai
Re: Five Times Nigerian First Ladies Really Disgraced Naija. by saydfact(m): 8:30am On Nov 11, 2016
Thepasserby:
All these women will just be disgracing our nation kawai

Abi.... Upon say na our money oooooh. angry grin cool
Re: Five Times Nigerian First Ladies Really Disgraced Naija. by blackpanda: 8:37am On Nov 11, 2016
Patience jonathan is simply the worst first lady ever in Nigeria! grin
Re: Five Times Nigerian First Ladies Really Disgraced Naija. by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 11, 2016
All four a natural beauties
Re: Five Times Nigerian First Ladies Really Disgraced Naija. by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 11, 2016
I'm pretty sure Patience Jonathan will fill all the five slots without even breaking a sweat.

But I agree with OP.

So disappointed in Aisha Buhari. Silly woman. I'd always thought women from that part of the country were modest and conservative, wielding power behind the scenes. But she and Tura'i have shown us that that's a wrong stereotype.
Re: Five Times Nigerian First Ladies Really Disgraced Naija. by saydfact(m): 9:22am On Nov 28, 2016
Ioannes:
I'm pretty sure Patience Jonathan will fill all the five slots without even breaking a sweat.

But I agree with OP.

So disappointed in Aisha Buhari. Silly woman. I'd always thought women from that part of the country were modest and conservative, wielding power behind the scenes. But she and Tura'i have shown us that that's a wrong stereotype.

On a good day Patience shd
Re: Five Times Nigerian First Ladies Really Disgraced Naija. by Omudia11: 9:42am On Nov 28, 2016
In my opinion , Aisha didnt disgrace Nigeria, Buhari did by going to theost powerful european nation in Europe (headed by a woman) and foolishly declaring that womem belong in the kitchen. Did he meet Angela Merkel in the kitchen?

Turai was the worst. She openly deceived every Nigerian about the condition of Yaradua.
Re: Five Times Nigerian First Ladies Really Disgraced Naija. by uzuede4(f): 9:53am On Nov 28, 2016
My dear op. In this time of recession it's good for us to have a good laugh. After all "you cannot come and go and kill yourself". ;DMy dear op. In this time of recession it's good for us to have a good laugh. After all "you cannot come and go and kill yourself".

(1) (Reply)

See New Face Of PMB As He Is Being Appreciated By Gambian Artist, Today (pics) / Ohaneze Unveils Biafra Land 50 Year Development Plan / A Commissioner Uselessing A Police Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.