Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,051 members, 7,960,339 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 05:58 PM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (96610 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iniowei: 3:53pm On Mar 05, 2008
I'm currently reading The Client by John Grisham.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 9:59am On Mar 06, 2008
Gypsy in Amber - Martin Cruz Smith
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Teenom(m): 8:53pm On Mar 06, 2008
adechuks:

"The Good Earth" by Pearl Buck, a 1931 classic set in 18th century China.

Hi Adechuks!
Could you send me a copy of Napoleons crucial Publications. Some how the copies are hard to find. See "SMTFN".I know u have an archive.Thanks for the help. I'd really appreciate it.thanks.
Mail to docobama at g mail co m.
Thats all I feel like reading nowadays!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Teenom(m): 8:54pm On Mar 06, 2008
doublepost, deleted
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by 4Him(m): 8:58pm On Mar 06, 2008
Quote from: adechuks on February 22, 2008, 03:35 PM
"The Good Earth" by Pearl Buck, a 1931 classic set in 18th century China.

That was a great great book. I cant locate my copy anymore . . . i think i read it about 3-4 times.

Presently reading the tales by the brother's Grimm. Fairy tales again for a change.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 9:05pm On Mar 06, 2008
DSP handouts by My Lecturer cheesy
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 07, 2008
iice:

@oyb
So far Cornwell is just alright but i prefer Kellerman.
Don't really like how Dr. Kay is shaping up undecided Can't help comparing to Delaware. . .I prefer Delaware

cry cry cry
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by eldee(m): 4:13pm On Mar 07, 2008
Just borrowed 'Second Class Citizen' and 'The Slave Girl' By Buchi Echemeta {author of Joys of Motherhood}
I already finished the first one, never knew she was this artistic

She had her own unique way of portraying the contrast between the African culture and that of the UK based Nigerian.
Her portrayal of the Theme of Religion was perfect, showing us how the average African man twists religion to suit himself.

Her downside was her inability to control the time range in her flashback.

Also she found it difficult to stick to the first person point of view(third-preson narration) of the ongoings, she went omniscient at times, making us lose the suspense.

But that was one of her first books so I'm expecting much better in 'The Slave Girl'
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Dreloaded(f): 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2008
We Need To talk About Kevin - Lionel Shriver.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 5:52pm On Mar 08, 2008
Intro to Power systems by Mr.I.A Odigwe
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2008
dr death - johnathan kellerman
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 1:33pm On Mar 11, 2008
oyb:

dr death - johnathan kellerman

LMAO am also reading it. . .
Actually flipping between Dr. Death and The Brethren - John Grisham (ma mom just sent that to me tongue)
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Orobert: 4:37am On Mar 12, 2008
Combing Sociology and Anthropology is a little bit challenging, time consuming and (if I must say)boring but I like it. It requires time if one really wants to make out something from it, that time I ve but to the detrimentof "life"
Aside course works, am currently reading "The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano, or Gustavus Vassa the African published by himself.
Equiano is a Nigerian who was Kidnapped at age 11 and sold into slavery and taken to the New World. From a slave Equiano turn a captain in the Royal Navy, and later to a Quaker merchant, he eventually earned the price of his own freedom by careful trading and saving.Later he became involved in the movement to abolish slave trade, an involvement which led him to writing and publishing a literary work that is believe by many to be the first major literary work done by a black African. That should be in , 1789.

Am also reading my little cousin`s Lady bird keyword. its remains me of were life began!! Though is not scientific but ,

I pass the TORGH, what are you reading?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Orobert: 4:50am On Mar 12, 2008
Combing Sociology and Anthropology is a little bit challenging, time consuming and (if I must say)boring but I like it. It requires time if one really wants to make out something from it, that time I ve but to the detrimentof "life"
Aside course works, am currently reading  "The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano, or Gustavus Vassa the African published by himself.
Equiano is a Nigerian who was Kidnapped at age 11 and sold into slavery and taken to the New World. From a slave Equiano turn a captain in the Royal Navy, and later to a Quaker merchant, he eventually earned the price of his own freedom by careful trading and saving.Later he became involved in the movement to abolish slave trade, an involvement which led him to writing and publishing a literary work that is believe by many to be the first major literary work done by a black African. That should be in , 1789.

Am also reading my little cousin`s Lady bird keyword. its remains me of were life began!! Though is not scientific but ,

I pass the TORGH, what are you reading?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by djcrucifix(m): 10:35am On Mar 12, 2008
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, that book is super! cheesy grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tianshie(m): 1:23pm On Mar 12, 2008
Selected Poetry and Prose of Poe. . . Edited by T.O. Mabbott
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by adechuks(m): 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2008
Teenom:

Hi Adechuks!
Could you send me a copy of Napoleons crucial Publications. Some how the copies are hard to find. See "SMTFN".I know u have an archive.Thanks for the help. I'd really appreciate it.thanks.
Mail to docobama at g mail co m.
Thats all I feel like reading nowadays!
Sorry mate. I do have some rare books but i don't have what you ask.

4Him:

Quote from: adechuks on February 22, 2008, 03:35 PM
That was a great great book. I can't locate my copy anymore . . . i think i read it about 3-4 times.

Presently reading the tales by the brother's Grimm. Fairy tales again for a change.

I feel you. I have the habit of looking for gold in some out-of-place bookshops, and you wont believe i got "The Good Earth" for about Naira150 along with the biographies of Lew Grad and Danny Farson. Some ibo-boy supermarket at artillery in port harcourt -quite the most unlikely place for books.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by nich(m): 7:28pm On Mar 14, 2008
undecided "Attitude is everything" by Keith Harrell. angry undecided smiley wink cheesy
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 7:52pm On Mar 14, 2008
Artificial Neural Networks By . . . .cnt remember
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by doyin13(m): 9:47am On Mar 15, 2008
Gamine:

Artificial Neural Networks By . . . .cnt remember

Who dash Orangutang book. . . . .Shio tongue tongue
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Azanor(m): 4:10pm On Mar 15, 2008
finished the first three books of dune, eragon, eldest, three elven nations books, and the dark tower within the last month. i'm now about to read the wheel of time( all 12 books) some 3000+ pages
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 4:17pm On Mar 15, 2008
Doyin dont lemme cleave that ur Chura head angry

@Azanor, you just dey tempt pesin o
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 18, 2008
finished johnatahn kellerman's dr death and billy straight over the weekend

am now reading stephen kings rose madder. that book has a ghastly opening. cry
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by lucabrasi(m): 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2008
finished reading paulo coelho's the alchemist now on the second chapter of thomas hobbe's leviathan
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dominobaby(f): 10:55am On Mar 20, 2008
I'm currently reading THE SCARLET THREAD by Francine Rivers, captivating!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2008
djcrucifix:

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, that book is super! cheesy grin

i've read that book. i think dan brown books are hot.

i just read three books: skeleton key and eagle strike (both by anthony horowitz) and the hottest of all was half of a yellow sun (we all know who wrote that one). i didnt believe i could enjoy a book about biafra war of all things on this earth, but I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
too bad we were at the end of the term, i wanted to borrow purple hibiscus from the school library.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 5:41pm On Mar 21, 2008
Asymptotic Equipartition Properties By Atayero
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Salena: 12:25am On Mar 23, 2008
the african child. Is this a true story? don't remember. just clarifying
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by darkey(m): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2008
The Bible
i'v not been able to finish that book since, grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by usefrank(m): 6:14pm On Mar 26, 2008
Well, it seems I still dwell in the old shool. I finished reading The Return of the NAtive by Thomas Hardy, re- read Arrow of God by Chinua Achebe. Now I'm reading Freuds Doctrine and methods of psychoanalysis.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Azanor(m): 6:45pm On Mar 27, 2008
got daunted by the number of pages in the wheel of time, moved on to something simpler - ender's game, speaker of the dead and xenocide, all by orson scott card. 1st book is all action, the others are a bit slow and have alot of philosophy in it. currently on the fourth book in the series - children of the mind. after that, i move on to demolish the world of star wars novels.
oyb:

finished johnatahn kellerman's dr death and billy straight over the weekend

am now reading stephen kings rose madder. that book has a ghastly opening.

cry

i read that book last year, it ends quite well
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 28, 2008
Azanor:

got daunted by the number of pages in the wheel of time, moved on to something simpler - ender's game, speaker of the dead and xenocide, all by orson scott card. 1st book is all action, the others are a bit slow and have alot of philosophy in it. currently on the fourth book in the series - children of the mind. after that, i move on to demolish the world of star wars novels.
i read that book last year, it ends quite well

my kind of guy
i've also read the bean novels - ender's shadow shadow of the hegemon. those books are awesome! ain't found children of the mind. i've read the others though

there was a time when i was manic about star wars novels, but these days i see em as exploitation/cartoonish.(thats just me. . .)

currently reading elmore leonard's the hot kid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (100)

Generation To Generations... / A Story: Broken Vows / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.