Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,190 members, 7,936,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 07:40 PM

Resurrection Is Not Of The Flesh But Spirit! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Resurrection Is Not Of The Flesh But Spirit! (313 Views)

The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Sex Is Not Flesh Meeting Flesh But It Is Spirits Meeting Spirit. / Sex Is Not Just Flesh Meeting Flesh But.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Resurrection Is Not Of The Flesh But Spirit! by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
The Jews holds a view that the resurrection consists in the reunion of the spirit with the self-same physical body inhabited before death. This was what many Jews in Jesus' day believed, and unfortunately this is also the belief of many today with a little hype; "our glorified body after the resurrection takes place". When I hear these things, I ask myself these questions:

What resurrection? Didn't we die and were raised together with Christ?
What glorified body? Weren't we also glorified with Him? And are as He is in this world?

Afterwards, my conclusion is that, those who hold on to such teachings do not completely identify themselves with Christ and his finished work.

To understand resurrection one must first understand death; the death we died in Adam. We need to ask ourselves this question, was the death of Adam after he ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil spiritual or physical? Of course it wasn't physical but spiritual because if it was physical, he would've drop dead immediately after eating from the tree. But we all know he didn't as he lived some hundreds of years afterwards. So this then makes the resurrection spiritual and not physical; as spiritual death was our state of being in Adam.

Apostle Paul speaking..

"There is a nice symmetry in this: Death initially came by a man, and Resurrection from death came by a man. Everybody dies(spiritually) in Adam; everybody comes alive(resurrects) in Christ." 1Corinthians 15:21-22[Emphasis mine]

We see clearly that Christ came to give us a new life; the resurrection life and this life is not of the flesh but of the spirit. Lets take a quick look at the manner in which Jesus addressed the Jews in his days in respect to the resurrection.

‘‘The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him, saying, Master, Moses said, if a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother: likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. And last of all, the woman died also. Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? For they all had her. Jesus answered and said unto them, ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as ‘ANGELS’’ of God in heaven. But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.’’ (Matthew 22:23-32)

This question was posed by the Sadducees to Jesus, the same Sadducees who denied the resurrection put forth an hypothetical question to Jesus about the resurrection: In which a woman.....

Follow the link to continue reading: http://www.myrealityblog.com/2016/12/resurrection-is-not-of-flesh.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resurrection Is Not Of The Flesh But Spirit! by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 23, 2016
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Resurrection Is Not Of The Flesh But Spirit! by Nobody: 4:49am On Dec 23, 2016
Thank you for taking out time to read.

Compliment of the season.

(1) (Reply)

Merry Christmas From Nairalander In China, How We Do It In China / The Devil Part 2 / Why You Should Always Be Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.