Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,048 members, 7,936,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:24 AM

U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ (25549 Views)

Gambia Sells Yahya Jammeh's Cars, Planes To Pay Off Debt / "Capture Yahya Jammeh Alive Or Dead": ECOWAS Issues Last Command / Photo Of Yahya Jammeh As A Young Soldier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by Immortal06: 9:59am On Jan 18, 2017
US park well, this one naija want to act like US of Africa you want to put sand-sand for our garri.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by LockDown69(m): 9:59am On Jan 18, 2017
The guy na muntulah! I see him as a fanatic. Since when did Gambia become an Islamic republic self, I thought it's a secular country, it might not end well for him if he doesn't step down.
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by SmartyPants(m): 10:01am On Jan 18, 2017
africanusvu:
,Bros,to the West and america.besides.bros.barow wasnt wise in handling this.it was too early for him to start threatening to jail Jahmeh and co when he is yet to be sworn in.if you were jahmeh,wat wld you av done ?i rather die fightng in office than handover and rot in jail

How is he a puppet to the west?
What has he said or done to that effect?
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by Guyman02: 10:02am On Jan 18, 2017
Mrdecent:
I trust Americans

Never Trust Americans, ask Iraqis, Libyans, Syrians, Afghanis, Yemenis, Vietnamese, Somalis etc who have seen their countries destroed by US interference.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by Guyman02: 10:03am On Jan 18, 2017
DaudaAbu:
As strong as Gaddafi is, were is he today.

Why woild he congratulate a ''winner'' if he has an iota of doubt about the results

Respect Gaddafi, that guy gave Libyans the highest quality of life in Africa until the Americans arrived with their 'Freedom and Deocracy', where is Libya today with US backed terrorists in charge?
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by Mouthgag: 10:08am On Jan 18, 2017
Enemyofpeace:
you have been noticed oya go and take your medicine
Odẹ́
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by shaqhead: 10:09am On Jan 18, 2017
seanswitch:
I blame the opposition in that country for Jammeh's action. They threatened him with fire and brimstone and still wants him to handover to the president elect.
What are u sayin? So as u said they "threatened" him whatever that means, he shdnt handover abi...maybe Obama shdnt handover becos Trump wl surely reverse some his policies abi?

Until he is dragged out like Gbagbo before he wl do d needful abi? Lets c hw it ends but if it gets down to d wire, u sure kno Jammeh wont b leavin wt only a bloodied nose!
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by africanusvu(m): 10:13am On Jan 18, 2017
SmartyPants:

How is he a puppet to the west?
What has he said or done to that effect?
,Ok.notin in particular.but as an ordinary low class security guard in a smal restaurant in america.hw did u think he wil be pictured by his MASTERS as a president in a sub saharan afric nation of poor muslim dominated population
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by plainol(m): 10:25am On Jan 18, 2017
Always respect El-Gadaffi when making reference, he still gave his people the best living conditions anywhere on planet Earth. Reason why the Americans were jealous.

America, a country of uninformed hypocrites.
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by Burgerlomo: 10:26am On Jan 18, 2017
Olasco93:
Am patiently waiting for Robert Mugabi to release his latest quote on Gambia and Jammeh Atleast he's one of the few African leaders that can make you smile and laugh Positively in a critical cricumcrancum as this.

You're damn right grin
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by SmartyPants(m): 10:26am On Jan 18, 2017
africanusvu:
,Ok.notin in particular.but as an ordinary low class security guard in a smal restaurant in america.hw did u think he wil be pictured by his MASTERS as a president in a sub saharan afric nation of poor muslim dominated population

In other words you are just the typical jobless Nigerian youth running his mouth in matters he has no knowledge about? Not surprised.
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by kingzjay(m): 10:31am On Jan 18, 2017
Mouthgag:
I don't want him to handover anything.

There were malpractice in the elections.
U.S should shut the Fûck up and mind their own business. It's only small countries they can oppress. Why didn't they attack Russia after they hacked their election? Shame on them.

GAMBIA SHOULD CONDUCT ANOTHER ELECTION.

JAMMEH IS NOT A COWARD.

Iyammi..

Somebody actually wrote this thing? Even at the detriment of innocent souls in Gambia? God have mercy.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by africanusvu(m): 10:34am On Jan 18, 2017
SmartyPants:

In other words you are just the typical jobless Nigerian youth running his mouth in matters he has no knowledge about? Not surprised.

.Good.then provid job and lecture me on wat i dnt know.if u arnt one of those nigerians who just meet cash they0dnt knw hw to make and dnt av brain enough to take d nest step.i hate arrogant peple like u
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by sekundosekundo: 10:34am On Jan 18, 2017
Billyonaire:
USA, you again ? Hillary Clinton won by popular votes, yet a small of electoral college voters controlled by the few elites decided that Trump is a better pawn in the game. Now you want majority to carry the vote ? When it did not apply in USA.

You sounds like a PAINED scoan member.
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by Codes151(m): 10:42am On Jan 18, 2017
US pls just stay out of it... we will handle it the African way!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by SmartyPants(m): 10:43am On Jan 18, 2017
africanusvu:
.Good.then provid job and lecture me on wat i dnt know.if u arnt one of those nigerians who just meet cash they0dnt knw hw to make and dnt av brain enough to take d nest step.i hate arrogant peple like u

[s][/s]
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by dickson2000(m): 10:49am On Jan 18, 2017
Mouthgag:

U.S should shut the Fûck up and mind their own business. It's only small countries they can oppress. Why didn't they attack Russia after they hacked their election? Shame on them.

JAMMEH IS NOT A COWARD.

Receive sense undecided
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by harriet412(f): 10:50am On Jan 18, 2017
Mouthgag:

JAMMEH IS NOT A COWARD.

Shut the Bleep up!!.
Were you there when the election was conducted??
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by Butteredpako: 10:58am On Jan 18, 2017
Abeg wetin concern them.., They were not just threatening jammeh sef, they were threatening d entire nation. friggin war mongers.
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by ifitistrue: 11:17am On Jan 18, 2017
From the look of things,I think his actions could be backed by the constitution.
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by Sammiejokes(m): 11:40am On Jan 18, 2017
Mouthgag:

JAMMEH IS NOT A COWARD.

Another Zombie can you give us when and how Russia hacked US election. Russia hacked DNC database to get their dirty information which in a way is good for electorate to make informed decision on how their politicians says one thing in public and engage in something different in secret. I just pray someone can help us hack into both PDP and APC database we need information to nail those thieves for life.
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by stinechykee: 11:42am On Jan 18, 2017
koladebrainiac:
He shouldnt have allowed the election to hold
Cow brain just as GEJ shouldn't have allowed Nigeria election to hold even wen he was warned by so many people that APC have bribed Jega to rig the election in the favour or APC against PDP,foolish Afonja
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by stinechykee: 11:47am On Jan 18, 2017
Mouthgag:

JAMMEH IS NOT A COWARD.
Foolish talk,it seems like you are the type after hearing hearsay from people you will carry out the news as if you read it direct.If you actually know what happened concerning how Russian hacked Demcratical Party data then shut up
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 18, 2017
Mouthgag:

JAMMEH IS NOT A COWARD.
But you are. Hiding behind a screen and encouraging him to do the suicidal is cowardice. Gag your mouth, pick up a gun and head for the Gambia.
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 18, 2017
The US has no moral right to challenge Jammeh. Afterall there are democrats in the US calling President Trump "illegitimate president" Why can US congressmen say this and Jammeh is not allowed same?

US gave Jammeh his latest ammunition. Jammeh had conceded but seeing how the deep state in the US tries to deligitimise Trump's election victory via Russian influence allegations; Jammeh simply used thesame argument of external influence to declare the election void.

Both Jammeh and the deep state in the US are wrong. One cannot claim moral victory over the other.
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by greatman247(m): 1:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
Mouthgag:

JAMMEH IS NOT A COWARD.

What is this one saying? How do you know if there is ojoro in the election? Where you in Gambia to know? You have evidence? Moreover, Jammeh is the incumbent and he has enormous resource to rig election result in his favor than Adama, the President elect. The president elect was not rich so he wouldn't have buy his way there, I guess it was just the right time for The Gambia to speak up in rejection of their president of 22 years. When the opportunity comes they grabbed it. They just wanted change by all means. They are tire of the reign of terror of the president for good 22 years. So this is an opportune time for the Gambian to change the president so that's what happened and I can also add by saying, it maybe a God's doing.
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by SmartMugu: 2:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
amiibaby:
What has the Us got to do with our constituent
They are known to poke nose into other countries' affairs, yet other countries don't interfere with theirs'.
Of course they're afraid of countries like Russia because they know Putin can respond fire for fire.
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 18, 2017
yemmybx:
U.S. warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘Handover to avoid consequences’
ON January 18, 2017 8:28 AM / I
The U.S. has warned the embattled President Yahya Jammeh of The Gambia, saying he is losing opportunities to peacefully handover to President-elect Adama Barrow and avoid the consequences of his actions.

Jammeh’s tenure ends Jan. 19, the same day that Barrow is expected to be sworn-in as his successor.

Both the African Union and ECOWAS have said that Jammeh will cease to be recognised as Gambian President from the date.

Spokesperson of the U.S. Department of State, Mr John Kirby, said at a press briefing on Tuesday that Jammeh was putting his legacy and The Gambia in peril.

“President Jammeh is losing opportunities to respect the will of the Gambian people and to peacefully hand over power to the president-elect, which is supposed to happen on Thursday.
“Doing so would allow him to leave office with his head held high and to protect the Gambian people from potential chaos.
Yahya Jammeh

“Failure to do so will put his legacy – and, more importantly, the Gambia – in peril, and we have been clear about this,” he said.

According to him, the accusation by Jammeh of external interference in The Gambia’s internal affairs is not tenable.

“I don’t know what interference he’s referring to, but we obviously want to see The Gambia succeed.

“And we want to see the president-elect properly installed and to have in place a government, which is responsible for and responsive to the needs of the Gambian people.”

The U.S. had on Friday, indicated support for ECOWAS to take all necessary action on Jammeh if he fails to handover to Barrow.
The U.S. had regretted that Jammeh’s action had made the situation in The Gambia to become “very uncertain”.

“We call on President Jammeh to listen to his own people, to listen to the Gambian people who have clearly called on him to accept the results of the Dec. 1 election.
“And to again agree to what he already agreed to, which is a peaceful handover of power to President-elect Barrow.”

Kirby, however, said the U.S. “believes that ECOWAS can certainly play an important role in providing security and addressing some of the concerns that there could be violence around the transition”.

He also said that the U.S. was not ruling out its support to a military action, saying: “We do, and I’m not trying to back away from that in any way, shape, or form.

“I just would say that we do, obviously, support ECOWAS as a force for peace and security in the region, and specifically in The Gambia.
“Well, again, I don’t want to speak to what possible actions they may take. I don’t want to get out in front of those decisions,” he said.

Kirby noted the unfortunate accidental airstrike on an internally displaced people’s camp in Rann locality of Borno.

According to him, the U.S. will continue providing the Nigerian Government with counter-terrorism assistance against the Boko Haram insurgents.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/u-s-to-yahya-jammeh-handover-to-avoid-consequences/

American freedom season 44
Coming to a country near you.
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by AngelicBeing: 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
cramjones:
There are people I personally want to assassinate. Many of them in Nigeria, who by their massive looting have indirectly "killed" many.

However, one person I would like to snipe out at this time is Yahya Jammeh. Can the CIA please employ me to do this?

-CramJones
grin grin tongue
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by phynofino: 2:28pm On Jan 18, 2017
America deal with your own problems leave Africa alone if You wont fight Biafra and Nnamdi Kalu getlost
Re: U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’ by APCmyheart(m): 3:37pm On Jan 18, 2017
Mouthgag:

JAMMEH IS NOT A COWARD.

Jammeh is recruiting soldier go and join them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Russia Says Polish Idea Of Peacekeepers In Ukraine Could Lead To Clash With NATO / China Blasts US Shutdown, Calls For A ‘de-americanized’ World / Heat Wave: UK exceeds 40°C For The First Time Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.