Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,928 members, 7,922,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:36 PM

. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (1899 Views)

Hilarious!!! Seducing A Banker.... My Most Embarrassing Moment. / Most Embarrassing Moment Of Your Life / Whats Ur Most Embarrassing Toasting Experience? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by freecocoa(f): 4:05am On Nov 29, 2009
Re: . by topup: 4:21am On Nov 29, 2009
Awwwwww. . sorry.

Ok, well this isn't as embarrasing but it definitely made me cringe.

I met a guy during one session at school, who happened to be the only other Nigerian in my group, we had a long conversation at which we ignored the other group members and talked about our pasts and I learnt a lot about a stranger, I even learnt that he worked in a restaurant near where I lived, (and there are about 4 of those restaurants in my city which is why I have never bumped into him), an unusual conversation indeed, where we both found out what we had in common and had a lot of common ground - he even said he'd invite me to his birthday party, before he left we both agreed to keep in touch via an online site. I smiled smugly, I had made a friend, and this friend was cute too and seemed (even just a little) interested in me - if just my personality.

Well, the next day my sister and friend had had a fun day of shopping and were so hungry, so we decided to go out for a meal, and upon entering a restaurant, I thought "Imagine if he was in here, working today." and what do you know he was. I initially played it cool, and joked with my friends, pretending I had not noticed him, and then as we approached where he was sat, I looked to say hi, but instead he just had his face glued to his mobile phone, and looked quite embarrased and stiff, which made things awkward. I knew we both recognised each other, but I was stuck in that state where you don't know how to undo the awkwardness.

Anyways I ordered my food, and my friend annoyingly chose a table directly infront of him, and I sat trying not to make a fuss, and thought, there'll be another chance to say hi, and explain that this was merely coincidence, but there never was, he disappeared behind the kitchen and worked towards the rear of the counter, far away from us. He never said hi, and also it's been about 3 days since now and he hasn't added me on his online site, and I know I will bump into him again, since we have the same lecture, and I'm just left thinking "what was that all about. Aren't we mature adults. Why are we ignoring each other".

I don't think I'll be getting any invites to his birthday party anytime soon lol!!
*sigh*

Life!
Re: . by madlady(f): 8:29am On Nov 29, 2009
@freecoco, You stood your ground good for you.
@topup, Never mind, you seem really nice,plenty more fish in the sea.

Here goes for mine.

I am off to work on a summers morning, it's 6.30 so still very quite on the streets.

Walking along in my own world I did not hear a mugger come running up behind me, this nasty person pulled my bag clean off my shoulder,I stood stock still for about 10 seconds, I then started to chase the geezer, I shouted out after  him"keep my bag but give me back my keys" the guy than shouts back "see you key here" he then throws the keys into the bushes.
Well I am very happy the tealeaf gave me the keys back. I try to get into the bushes, sadly for me, that day I had put on the MAXI DRESS , bushes are in full leaf,what to do, I look around no one about I can see, I pull off the darn dress and dive head long into the bush. Anyway I am in the bushes  for about 5mins when I hear this voice say "can I help you"  I look up and it's this guy holding my dress in his hands, I explain myself, he then helped me look for the keys (remember i have hardly any clothes on) he then gives me my dress back and I pull it on.

That was not really the end to the story but I cut it short. Does anyone know what a succubus is, that's what I looked like coming out of the bushes. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: . by whiteroses(f): 9:59pm On Nov 29, 2009
AWW YOU POOR THING, nothing embarassing has happened to me this year tain God
Re: . by N101: 12:48am On Nov 30, 2009
@ madlady

I haven't heard the word "succubus" in ages.  Maybe this explanation will help  grin
Re: . by madlady(f): 7:34am On Nov 30, 2009
@whiteroses, Thank you and I pray that you get year free from embarrassment. kiss

@N101 That's a great link, I truly looked like that when I emerged from the bushes, embarassed embarassed embarassed a hex on the mugger, well at least he gave me my keys back,I bet he only did said to get me off his tail.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2009
Just to keep mine simple and short.in school dated a girl for like a month and everything seemed perfect or so i thought so one night after relaxin in my room i had life figured out.i called the babe and told her i had sumtin imprtant 2.cut this short i told her in person that "I LOVE YOU" this is something i've never said and meant she just laughed and went for her course.it was embarrassin.since then i don't use the 'l' word anymore.after that day i was automatically transfered to wuss zone.each time i try to say i l, the laugh echos im my head.
Re: . by topup: 6:57pm On Nov 30, 2009
pc guru:

Just to keep mine simple and short.in school dated a girl for like a month and everything seemed perfect or so i thought so one night after relaxin in my room i had life figured out.i called the babe and told her i had sumtin imprtant 2.cut this short i told her in person that "I LOVE YOU" this is something i've never said and meant she just laughed and went for her course.it was embarrassin.since then i don't use the 'l' word anymore.after that day i was automatically transfered to wuss zone.each time i try to say i l, the laugh echos im my head.

Awww, wow, how rude!! She wasn't worth it right, you're not still with her??
Re: . by topup: 7:02pm On Nov 30, 2009
topup:

Awwwwww. . sorry.

Ok, well this isn't as embarrasing but it definitely made me cringe.

I met a guy during one session at school, who happened to be the only other Nigerian in my group, we had a long conversation at which we ignored the other group members and talked about our pasts and I learnt a lot about a stranger, I even learnt that he worked in a restaurant near where I lived, (and there are about 4 of those restaurants in my city which is why I have never bumped into him), an unusual conversation indeed, where we both found out what we had in common and had a lot of common ground - he even said he'd invite me to his birthday party, before he left we both agreed to keep in touch via an online site. I smiled smugly, I had made a friend, and this friend was cute too and seemed (even just a little) interested in me - if just my personality.

Well, the next day my sister and friend had had a fun day of shopping and were so hungry, so we decided to go out for a meal, and upon entering a restaurant, I thought "Imagine if he was in here, working today." and what do you know he was. I initially played it cool, and joked with my friends, pretending I had not noticed him, and then as we approached where he was sat, I looked to say hi, but instead he just had his face glued to his mobile phone, and looked quite embarrased and stiff, which made things awkward. I knew we both recognised each other, but I was stuck in that state where you don't know how to undo the awkwardness.

Anyways I ordered my food, and my friend annoyingly chose a table directly infront of him, and I sat trying not to make a fuss, and thought, there'll be another chance to say hi, and explain that this was merely coincidence, but there never was, he disappeared behind the kitchen and worked towards the rear of the counter, far away from us. He never said hi, and also it's been about 3 days since now and he hasn't added me on his online site, and I know I will bump into him again, since we have the same lecture, and I'm just left thinking "what was that all about. Aren't we mature adults. Why are we ignoring each other".

I don't think I'll be getting any invites to his birthday party anytime soon lol!!
*sigh*

Life!

Part 2, he came over today to speak to a girl who was stood near me, and then I was just pretending I couldn't see him, as I thought he'd be awkward and want to pretend he'd never met me lol. Anyways I caught him looking at me through the corner of his eye, and then when I looked, he looked back and smiled, instantly I said "I saw you at work." and he was like "What!! You should have come over and said hi." and then I was like "I didn't want to appear like a stalker." and he looked baffled.

All the certainties I had before just disappeared, maybe he didn't see me when I walked past him twice and paused infront of him, maybe he really was glued to his mobile (though he was chatting with the girl next to him too at work). But I knew he would have seen me when I was sat for about an hour eating inside the less than a half full small restaurant, but I don't care though, all I know that he cared enough to 'find' some excuse/explanation, which works.

Life is too short lol!!
Re: . by C2H5OH(f): 7:07pm On Nov 30, 2009
Of course you care. Why else would you be quoting paragraphs of yourself.
Homeboy got you shook  grin . I would give you a tissue for your issue, but you're not being honest with yourself.
Re: . by topup: 7:12pm On Nov 30, 2009
C2H5OH:

Of course you care. Why else would you be quoting paragraphs of yourself.
Homeboy got you shook  grin . I would give you a tissue for your issue, but you're not being honest with yourself.

maybe

I'm quoting paragraphs of you, does that mean I care??
Re: . by C2H5OH(f): 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2009
Your double rant of frustration does show that you care. There are no maybes about something so obvious.  It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.  You are desperately trying to paint this boy black for not making the first move while you sat glued to your chair.  You were dying for his attention, yet you refused to assert yourself.  Are you still stuck in the past.  I'm a bit curious to know what prevented you from making a move?

You are venting and documenting his every action at the restaurant as if you were assigned to investigate him or something.  Are you a spy or what?   I just like asking questions.
Re: . by madlady(f): 8:49pm On Nov 30, 2009
pc guru:

Just to keep mine simple and short.in school dated a girl for like a month and everything seemed perfect or so i thought so one night after relaxin in my room i had life figured out.i called the babe and told her i had sumtin imprtant 2.cut this short i told her in person that "I LOVE YOU" this is something i've never said and meant she just laughed and went for her course.it was embarrassed.since then i don't use the 'l' word anymore.after that day i was automatically transfered to wuss zone.each time i try to say i l, the laugh echos im my head.

@pc guru, no need for you to be embarrassed, it takes a big man to admit how he feels. She must be mad.
Re: . by omega25red(m): 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2009
Here goes mine

I worked in a building and there was this really cute girl who had just started working there. The thing was everyone was hooking up but i never participated because all the girls who worked there seemed too ghetto for my taste. Anyway this girl was so cute and she spoke elequently and she wasn't into all the ghetto nonsense that all the other girls were into so i started chatting her up. Long story short we started going out come to find out this so called cool girl was already dating one of the guys i worked with and then she added me. This was emabrassing because at first we decided to keep our hook up secret come to find out everyone else knew that she was already dating the other guy. So there was huge drama at work and luckily for that girl she got another job and left.
i decided to confront the guy who was dating her first. we talked and found out that she was with me when she told him she had to do something for her da and she was with him when she told me the same thing.
We then decided to drive up to her house together to surprise her but this love struck mugu called her to let her know our plans so she started to deny everything and home boy stayed with her. Found out months later that she was caught cheating on home boy and i laughed.
Re: . by pinkylady1(f): 5:05pm On Dec 02, 2009
cant remember any for now smiley
Re: . by topup: 1:45am On Dec 03, 2009
C2H5OH:

Your double rant of frustration does show that you care. There are no maybes about something so obvious.  It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.  You are desperately trying to paint this boy black for not making the first move while you sat glued to your chair.  You were dying for his attention, yet you refused to assert yourself.  Are you still stuck in the past.  I'm a bit curious to know what prevented you from making a move?

You are venting and documenting his every action at the restaurant as if you were assigned to investigate him or something.  Are you a spy or what?   I just like asking questions.

Lol, quite the interogator.
Re: . by LordReed(m): 2:01pm On Dec 03, 2009
Does this count:

Went to a dance class with this beautiful gal. We were doing the lessons together wen the instructor 'announced' to the whole class dat he was splitting us up cos I didn't know how to dance. Inside me I was fuming very seriously cos of wat he said and to top it all some other guy got to dance wit the chic.
Re: . by C2H5OH(f): 11:43pm On Dec 04, 2009
topup:

Lol, quite the interogator.
Lol. At the end of the day, I gained my interrogative tactics from you.

(1) (Reply)

How Guys Treat Single Ladies/women These Days. / Can She Visit Me? / Odiaero Ask, At What Age Is Best For A Guy To Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.