Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,465 members, 7,891,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:49 PM

. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / . (802 Views)

How To Take Care Of Your Virgina To Avoid Smell, Infection Or Abnormal Discharge / How To Take Care Of Your Vagina To Avoid Smell,infection or Abnormal Discharge / Vaginal Discharge: How To Tell If It’s Normal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 18, 2017
Re: . by dikeigbo2(m): 12:05am On Mar 19, 2017
Teeth genius
Re: . by Nobody: 5:23am On Mar 19, 2017
dikeigbo2:
Teeth genius
Don't understand, you have anything to say?
Re: . by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 19, 2017
Lalasticala, mynd44, Dominique, Seun... I need answers, hook me up with experts abeg
Re: . by shumuel(m): 9:22am On Mar 19, 2017
TheSlyone2:
Hello everyone. I have this growing concern about a close friend who's got 33 teeths. Actually, we were roomie in the University. What surprises me is that at the age of 23/24, he started growing a 33rd tooth..

This particular tooth is aligned adjacent to a premolar. My questions however are..

1. How possible is it to grow a tooth at such age as 23-24 years old?
2. Though, he hasn't complain of pains yet, are there possibilities of such happening in the nearest future?
3. We all advice him to remove it but refused. Is it medically advisable to keep it.?

Cc Dominique

SarFakky , hollowpot15684,
matanmij, trities, wowfairy , sammexxy,
janejive, noziz, queensnow, habeeb1111 ,
iyke3g, mayluv, gabazin080, Godwin888 ,
pweetyface, fluxmind, Sansa143,
yung7 (m ), sauti2soul , Darsty99 , Licious07 ,
Ekpono1 , TheSlyone2, bimsusy,
phoenix90 , Bism, mydreams25 ,
alinho60 , GodMercy2015 , Sochimaobim,
Eleganza33 , Bridget0808
, shumuel

There is no cause for alarm, i once had the same issue, even more than 33, my canines grew double, this was because i have a habbit of not wanting my tooth to be removed, so i support it with my tongue until it sticks back to the gums, i have very little canine behind my main upper canines right now and its been there for years without growing.

I believe not wanting your tooth to be removed is the cause, once your tooth is due to be remove naturally a new one grow immediately, now, still keeping the old one will make it two tooth in the same position.

If he is feeling pains let him visit a dentist to remove the old tooth.
Re: . by buffalowings: 12:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
First, he needs to see a dentist.

We refer to them as supernumeraries and from your discription this is most most probably a parapremolar

However, the dentist needs to ascertain if the affected tooth is not fused to the others.
This is where xrays will come in.

And the onus is on the dentist to choose if to remove it or not.

Dentists remove them so as to avoid stagnation points meaning food packing in between those teeth such that cleaning in between those teeth is difficult. The result being that tooth decay can affect multiple teeth. It is better to remove the affected tooth now rather than wait till later when other teeth may be affected
Re: . by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 19, 2017
buffalowings:
First, he needs to see a dentist.

We refer to them as supernumeraries and from your discription this is most most probably a parapremolar

However, the dentist needs to ascertain if the affected tooth is not fused to the others.
This is where xrays will come in.

And the onus is on the dentist to choose if to remove it or not.

Dentists remove them so as to avoid stagnation points meaning food packing in between those teeth such that cleaning in between those teeth is difficult. The result being that tooth decay can affect multiple teeth. It is better to remove the affected tooth now rather than wait till later when other teeth may be affected

Thank you sir... The parapremolar is you called them shared the same gum and they are adjacently facing themselves...

My guess that they may have the same root which is the most annoying part
Re: . by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 19, 2017
shumuel:

There is no cause for alarm, i once had the same issue, even more than 33, my canines grew double, this was because i have a habbit of not wanting my tooth to be removed, so i support it with my tongue until it sticks back to the gums, i have very little canine behind my main upper canines right now and its been there for years without growing.

I believe not wanting your tooth to be removed is the cause, once your tooth is due to be remove naturally a new one grow immediately, now, still keeping the old one will make it two tooth in the same position.

If he is feeling pains let him visit a dentist to remove the old tooth.
Yes sir but the problem however is that both teeth, new and old share the same gum and may in fact have similar root... So removing one may expose the other
Re: . by shumuel(m): 3:22pm On Mar 19, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Not like it just emerging... In fact, the new one have grown bigger and sharper than the old one. I just have the feeling they both share same root

He has to visit a dentist to be sure, besides which of is tooth has this condition ?

Mine was my canines; upper canines, right now as i type/speak behind my two upper canines are fused little new ones which stoped growing a very long time ago; about 12years now, the upper right canine even got to three but the oldest was removed forcefully on its own and it was very painful but ever since then have been living with the remaining two peacefully,, as for premolars and molars, i only had one of such but the new molar pushed the older one out by itself; it was also very painful.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 19, 2017
shumuel:

They are seperate, they might have merge though; if it's been long, but if the second tooth just emerge then remove the old one
Not like it just emerging... In fact, the new one have grown bigger and sharper than the old one. I just have the feeling they both share same root
Re: . by shumuel(m): 3:38pm On Mar 19, 2017
TheSlyone2:

replied ^

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Suicide Hotlines: This Could Save Lives. See Numbers (pictured) / Skky Dental Services / Johesu Struggles: The Plight Of The Nigerian Nurses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.