Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,177 members, 7,963,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 08:54 PM

Landlord Harassment - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord Harassment (208 Views)

My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires / Landlord Evicts Tenant Not Knowing That His Daughter Has Collected Rent / Two Nigerians In Dublin Fight Their Landlord Who Wanted To Evict Them (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Landlord Harassment by BroadKasts: 7:24am On Apr 05, 2017
Guys please I have a situation and need your advice: I moved into an apartment 8weeks back and I've recently been having an issue with the owner of the produced property.

I live in the chalet while the landlord of course stays in the main building, though he lives abroad and occasionally visits. Up until my moving into the house, there had been security guards stationed at the gate. This brings me to the point. Last week, this security guys were asked to leave. Then I was informed that henceforth I'll be paying 50% of the new security to be hired monthly. From the start, I told them that I do not need the service of any security since the estate is largely surrounded by force men. Again, I clearly informed them that the security serves me no purpose other than the landlord's purposes of protecting his estate. But they insist that I must do as they say.

However, I've neither seen or signed the tenancy agreement.

So I'd like to know, am I in the right or in wrong on this matter? What are my rights?
Re: Landlord Harassment by JideAmuGiaka: 8:21am On Apr 05, 2017
It is the tenant(s) that determines if to hire a security or not and must also be involved in the negotiations as to how much will be paid to the security.
The landlord should not force it on you.

PROBLEM LOOMING.

This is a big trap by the landlord should you refuse entirely and the landlord goes ahead and employ them, be prepared to be losing your belongings or see them damaged, and if you ask the landlord or the security, they'll ignore you.

It happens to a friend of mine and he paid for it, sometimes the landlord will instruct the security either to deflate or stole the guy's tyre and if he ask them, they will tell him 'we are not here to secure your property.
Be very careful and trade cautiously, your landlord is up to something hence forcing you to do it his own way.

(1) (Reply)

To Let / Own A Plot Of Land In Ibeju-lekki(easter Promo 600k) / For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.