Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,005 members, 7,960,202 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 02:51 PM

Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? (2568 Views)

Poll: What If Your God Is Not The Real God?

This is arrant nonsense! My God is the TRUE and ONLY god: 48% (14 votes)
Ha! Serves those believers right!: 27% (8 votes)
I would accept it. At least I believed in something.: 17% (5 votes)
What a pity! After all the money I spent in tithes.: 0% (0 votes)
I would kill myself despite I am already dead!: 6% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

"I Served Rev. King Stark-Unclad,With No Pant Or Bra For 7 Years" - Former Maid / If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? / I'm Afraid I Will Die And Find Out Christians Or Jews Were Right And Not Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by alaper: 7:53am On Dec 25, 2010
Joagbaje:

It's out of the question.Apart from the inner witness of the reality of God. The physical proof and witness of the power of God is enough to clear every doubt .The prophecies of the bible which are had historica fulfilmen , the prophecies we are being fulfiled in our time and the prophecies of the future that is unfolding daily are proofs . Not to talk about the healings and miracles. The casting out of devils, the gifts of the spirit , like Word of Knowledge, Word of Wisdom,l If there's a other God, he would have manifested himself.

I thought that was the 'gist'of the post itself!! All religions have their own fufilled prophesies, miracle claims, words of 'wisdom', etc I have heard stories of people cursed by shango who were struck down by thunder! Maybe shango is the true God? Even Guru Marahaji claims to have made some predictions that have come true, and healed many of his followers!! Maybe we should all follow Guru Marahaji then?
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by Joagbaje(m): 8:34am On Dec 25, 2010
They all acknowledge there is God. The sango worshippers only see sango as a medium to the supreme God. The witness of God is in every man. Even though some denies it. Sango worshippers don't see sango as creator. He was a man that was deified . Islam believe there is a supreme God of Abraham. The issue is not multiplicity of God. But which way is the right way to him?
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by alaper: 9:49am On Dec 25, 2010
Joagbaje:

They all acknowledge there is God. The sango worshippers only see sango as a medium to the supreme God. The witness of God is in every man. Even though some denies it. Sango worshippers don't see sango as creator. He was a man that was deified . Islam believe there is a supreme God of Abraham. The issue is not multiplicity of God. But which way is the right way to him?

According to you then, Sango may be the way. I think I may settle for Sango. At least they don't collect tithes, and their holy men don't go in private jets grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by Joagbaje(m): 11:31am On Dec 25, 2010
alaper:

According to you then, Sango may be the way.  I think I may settle for Sango.  At least they don't collect tithes, and their holy men don't go in private jets grin grin grin grin grin

And you follow sango to hell? Just because you don't want to give God your tithe ? grin. Pls o your soul first. Tithe is not by force
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by alaper: 4:23pm On Dec 25, 2010
The bottom line is that you have not addressed the question in the post. Everything you feel, everything you see and hear in christianity: prophesy, miracles, testimonies, adherents of other religions also feel and see similar things!!! It is not rational to claim that what they see in their own religion is false, and only what YOU feel and see is true. As at the last count, UNESCO counted about four thousand five hundred different gods being worshiped in various parts of the world. All of them have their devout adherents, who are really to die for their beliefs. And many have indeed died for those beliefs. Some have their sacred texts, their own creation stories, miracle claims, testimonies of prophesies fufilled healings etc. Many of their followers feel just as strongly as you feel about christianity, maybe even stronger. I doubt if you are ready to die for your faith. Not now when your money has just started rolling in . wink wink wink Each one of you is claiming anyone who doesn't agree with your belief is going to hell!! At least you can understand why an outsider may be confused. Commonsense dictates not all of them can be true. I will go even further, none of them is true!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by benodic: 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2010
@ alaper

The bottom line is that you have not addressed the question in the post. Everything you feel, everything you see and hear in christianity: prophesy, miracles, testimonies, adherents of other religions also feel and see similar things!!! It is not rational to claim that what they see in their own religion is false, and only what YOU feel and see is true. As at the last count, UNESCO counted about four thousand five hundred different gods being worshiped in various parts of the world. All of them have their devout adherents, who are really to die for their beliefs. And many have indeed died for those beliefs. Some have their sacred texts, their own creation stories, miracle claims, testimonies of prophesies fufilled healings etc. Many of their followers feel just as strongly as you feel about christianity, maybe even stronger. I doubt if you are ready to die for your faith. Not now when your money has just started rolling in . Wink Wink Wink Each one of you is claiming anyone who doesn't agree with your belief is going to hell!! Huh Huh Huh At least you can understand why an outsider may be confused. Commonsense dictates not all of them can be true. I will go even further, none of them is true!! Tongue Tongue Tongue

i seriously agree with you in some areas. this was exactly the problem i had when i was a christian and we were meant to believe that everybody else was going to hell.
i had to embark on my personal search for the truth. i started researching all the religions in the worlds praying fervently for God's guidance. what i arrived at is that no religion is false. all are just trying to make attempt at understanding the great mystery of God. and of course none has the whole truth just parts of it.

if you really want to find out the real truth for yourself then you have to be ready to ask God one on one to show you the truth. It surely will. when you are ready for the truth.
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by Kay17: 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2010
Reason should have a role in the right way, shuldn't it?
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:43pm On Dec 25, 2010
And since you cannot ask God "one on one", you will have to follow your intuition and set yourself on a fact-finding journey of your own. Perhaps that's what you mean by facing God one on one.
benodic:

if you really want to find out the real truth for yourself then you have to be ready to ask God one on one to show you the truth. It surely will. when you are ready for the truth.
Re: Believers: What If You Die And Find Out That You Have Served The Wrong God? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:46pm On Dec 25, 2010
All ways are the right way. There is no one special way. That there is only one way na religious fabu.
Joagbaje:
But which way is the right way to him?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benny Hinns Association With T.b Joshua / Women!!!! The Down Fall Of Pastors / Does Hell Really Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.