Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,953 members, 7,960,004 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 11:28 AM

Government Surveyor Vs Private Surveyor - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Government Surveyor Vs Private Surveyor (502 Views)

See dangerous new tricks land scammers are using: Surveyor's Column / Quantity Surveyor / Real Estate Surveyor In The House,list Your Request And I Get Back To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Government Surveyor Vs Private Surveyor by viqwinner: 4:25pm On Jan 31, 2010
Hi Nairalanders.

1. Could you guys give your opinions on which is more advisable to use: government surveyors or private survayor?
2. Could anyone also give an idea on what their services cost.  Someone that is trying to represent me back in Naija is
telling me something in the region of 200 to 250 k depending on which I choose?
Re: Government Surveyor Vs Private Surveyor by astar2008(m): 7:18pm On Feb 01, 2010
@Viqwinner
That's Definitely an oversee person charge, what i have discovered is once people know you are from abroad the charges quoted tend to increase by as much as 100%- 200%, this i discovered when i was trying to buy land last October, all i can say is please kick back don't accept it, scout around for different quotes. More so get someone trusted who lives in naija to negotiate for you, please never let them know you are from abroad.

A survey for one plot of land should not cost more than 100K- 140K depending on the area, i have just done survey on Ten acres trust me i paid nothing near the price i quoted here, but that was solely because i got people in naija to negotiate on my behalf.

Government ones tend to be more expensive sha but the quality of service would be better i.e assurance all survey copies are filled at the land Bureau

i wish you all the best
Re: Government Surveyor Vs Private Surveyor by viqwinner: 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2010
@astar2008

Thanks a mil man mi. That was very useful info.

(1) (Reply)

2 Plots Of Land For Sale Opposite Chevron Lekki (ologborogo) 7million Per Plot / Lands For Sale @ Agungi (lekki) / Lovely 4bedroom Townhouse For Rent In Dolphin Extension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.