Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,235 members, 7,936,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:50 PM

President Buhari: Is The Presidential Villa Cursed? By Bernard Balogun - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari: Is The Presidential Villa Cursed? By Bernard Balogun (35752 Views)

Buhari Meets Service Chiefs At Presidential Villa / Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa / Is Aso Villa Cursed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari: Is The Presidential Villa Cursed? By Bernard Balogun by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 11, 2017
The place you suggested the president to stay in maitama is the exact place Abacha died...Brother go die go die.
Re: President Buhari: Is The Presidential Villa Cursed? By Bernard Balogun by LxgIncrediboy(m): 8:28am On Jul 11, 2017
patval:

almajiri,
polio and meningitis fall on you

Mention me when u update ur dairy. Thanks
Re: President Buhari: Is The Presidential Villa Cursed? By Bernard Balogun by 9japride(m): 10:20am On Jul 11, 2017
LoveJesus87:
Now you are talking small small
[color=#006600][/color]

grin grin Na so we see am. Yet they love d villa so much tongue tongue
Re: President Buhari: Is The Presidential Villa Cursed? By Bernard Balogun by unqombothi(f): 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2017
jayriginal:
No its not. There are lots of people that didn't die there and went on to plunder our resources (so is the Villa blessed?)

Superstitious thinking wont get us anywhere.
Well, the proponents of the course theory do raise issues that can't be glossed over. But it's always cool to read those at the dismissive end of the spectrum like you.
Re: President Buhari: Is The Presidential Villa Cursed? By Bernard Balogun by jayriginal: 10:19pm On Jul 11, 2017
unqombothi:

Well, the proponents of the course theory do raise issues that can't be glossed over. But it's always cool to read those at the dismissive end of the spectrum like you.

If we want to dive off the deep end, I could raise theories for the most mundane crap.

We are Africans and have superstition ingrained in us, but that's not the way.

Let me leave that with you my brother of the South African brew.
Re: President Buhari: Is The Presidential Villa Cursed? By Bernard Balogun by unqombothi(f): 10:40pm On Jul 11, 2017
jayriginal:

If we want to dive off the deep end, I could raise theories for the most mundane crap.

We are Africans and have superstition ingrained in us, but that's not the way.

Let me leave that with you my brother of the South African brew.
I really think most superstitions are "crap" like you call it. With a little thinking you can see right through them. The problem with most folks around here is that they lack discernment and will believe anything. But there are cases that genuinely defy explanation. The problem with skeptics is that they lump everything together and dismiss them quickly.
Re: President Buhari: Is The Presidential Villa Cursed? By Bernard Balogun by jayriginal: 8:13am On Jul 12, 2017
unqombothi:

[size=3pt]I really think most superstitions are "crap" like you call it. With a little thinking you can see right through them. The problem with most folks around here is that they lack discernment and will believe anything.[/size] [U]But there are cases that genuinely defy explanation[/U]. The problem with skeptics is that they lump everything together and dismiss them quickly.

There have always been things that defied explanation. Its normal and is a function or limitation of knowledge. The more knowledge one has, the less unexplained things there will be.

Its not difficult to see why such superstitious claims ought to be dismissed. Superstition hinders knowledge; Goddidit or its the village people is a poor answer and hinders people from actually looking into the natural causes of incidents.

From 1900 to 1907, Mallon worked as a cook in the New York City area for seven families. In 1900, she worked in Mamaroneck, New York, where, within two weeks of her employment, residents developed typhoid fever. In 1901, she moved to Manhattan, where members of the family for whom she worked developed fevers and diarrhea, and the laundress died. Mallon then went to work for a lawyer; she left after seven of the eight people in that household became ill.

In 1906, she took a position in Oyster Bay, Long Island, and within two weeks 10 of the 11 family members were hospitalized with typhoid. She changed jobs again, and similar occurrences happened in three more households. She worked as a cook for the family of a wealthy New York banker, Charles Henry Warren. When the Warrens rented a house in Oyster Bay for the summer of 1906, Mallon went along too. From August 27 to September 3, six of the 11 people in the family came down with typhoid fever. The disease at that time was "unusual" in Oyster Bay, according to three medical doctors who practiced there. Mallon was subsequently hired by other families, and outbreaks followed her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Mallon

A superstitious mind at that time might suspect Miss Mallon of being a practitioner of the dark arts but instead, a family decided to hire an investigator.

How many old women and men have been roasted (burnt at the stake in medieval times) in Nigeria and other parts of Africa simply because people accused them of flying (and crashing) or other forms of superstition? How are pastors ripping off people if not by playing (and preying) on and feeding their superstitions?
Re: President Buhari: Is The Presidential Villa Cursed? By Bernard Balogun by unqombothi(f): 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2017
jayriginal:

There have always been things that defied explanation. Its normal and is a function or limitation of knowledge. The more knowledge one has, the less unexplained things there will be.

Its not difficult to see why such superstitious claims ought to be dismissed. Superstition hinders knowledge; Goddidit or its the village people is a poor answer and hinders people from actually looking into the natural causes of incidents.

A superstitious mind at that time might suspect Miss Mallon of being a practitioner of the dark arts but instead, a family decided to hire an investigator.

How many old women and men have been roasted (burnt at the stake in medieval times) in Nigeria and other parts of Africa simply because people accused them of flying (and crashing) or other forms of superstition? How are pastors ripping off people if not by playing (and preying) on and feeding their superstitions?
Where superstitious folks go wrong is filling in the gaps, that is, assuming that since we can't explain it juju must be responsible. I get your point. That is why I'm open-minded on these things. Where I don't agree with you materialists is the conclusion that if an explanation can't be found now we will eventually find it and juju or something can't be a possible explanation. While I have failed to turn up any evidence of juju yet, it will be a huge leap for me to dismiss it. But, yes, superstitious thinking has done a lot of harm around here.
Re: President Buhari: Is The Presidential Villa Cursed? By Bernard Balogun by jayriginal: 2:45pm On Jul 12, 2017
unqombothi:

Where superstitious folks go wrong is filling in the gaps, that is, assuming that since we can't explain it juju must be responsible. I get your point. That is why I'm open-minded on these things. Where I don't agree with you materialists is the conclusion that if an explanation can't be found now we will eventually find it and juju or something can't be a possible explanation. While I have failed to turn up any evidence of juju yet, it will be a huge leap for me to dismiss it. But, yes, superstitious thinking has done a lot of harm around here.

Fair enough.
Re: President Buhari: Is The Presidential Villa Cursed? By Bernard Balogun by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2017
In4matic:

•Bernard Balogun writes from Wuse District in Abuja. He can be reached via bernardbalogun1@yahoo.com

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/41081-President-Buhari-Is-The-Presidential-Villa-Cursed-39

There is no doubt that there are forces against the occupants of the villa but the idea that bringing it down and rebuilding it will send them away is childish for the forces are spirit ...for as long as there is air there they will be there ...... only deliverance can send them away but unfortunately, the advisers to occupants never take these kinds of suggestions seriously and the fact there the supernatural happens only in an atmosphere of unity ...there must be an accord that the Christians of the country be allowed to go and do the deliverance and it will be acceptable to everyone including the Muslim

It is our inability to achieve accord that is exploited in the supernatural realm against our nation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Forgery, Electoral Fraud Provoked Mmesoma Into Forgery: Aisha Yesufu / Anti-Igbo Song: Nnamdi Kanu Tells Igbos To Leave The North / Trump Has Not Called President Buhari Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.