Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,266 members, 7,960,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 11:53 AM

Buildin Answer Needed Urgently - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buildin Answer Needed Urgently (786 Views)

Land And Buildin With Duplexes For Sale @yaba / 3 Storey Buildin Office Complex, Show Room Wit 2 Pent House And A Fiilin Station / 2 No Of 3bedrom Uncompleted Buildin At Egbeyemi St Ahamadiya Ojokoro. 11 M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buildin Answer Needed Urgently by dplordx(m): 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2010
please nlanders i find a contractor from here to help me to renovate my home.he change the foundation iron from 12mm to 16mm and after that he said he will not work again until the next 6 month after the house rest,he said if he dont the house may collaspe. please somebody let me know if he is a quack!
Re: Buildin Answer Needed Urgently by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 03, 2010
[b]I find myself smiling after reading your question. I believe the fact you changed the foundation steel from 12mm to 16mm shows you are taking the house higher and the land isnt dry?
Anyways, your contractor isnt a quack. He must be extremely experienced to know this, though he appear very local not to know what a construction vibrator does.
You can call me, and I can get one rented for you or you can ask for one around. A vibrator has tooth that would be placed in several parts that would be dug around the building. The vibrator will get the pocket that usually takes several month to be filled, filled after 2-3 days of operating it. If your contractor can get it rented, all he needs to do is get the entire site extremely wet, get a good operator of the machine to advise on how to go about it.
Or, you could simply forget this long proceedure if you cant wait and simply build yourself a nice bungalow. (You have to wait another month after using the vibrator),
Once more, your contractor is good. 6 months is usually the ideal amount of time it takes for a building to settle, after which some necessary cracks appear, mostly in the case of where the land isnt solid, and theres a mistake during the foundation thats later corrected.
Call me, I will like to meet your contractor. Within a month this will be over or settle for a bungalow Sir.

Adeyemi Tunde
A'ASOG Nig Ltd.
Construction, Architecture & Survey.
Re: Buildin Answer Needed Urgently by justwise(m): 10:24pm On Feb 03, 2010
@babake2000

Are u stupi.d? Why are pasting this scam all over NL?
Re: Buildin Answer Needed Urgently by makingstep: 1:12am On Feb 04, 2010
Please, i need someone to tell me about the roofing companies, i have to roof and looking for the best companies that can be reasonable. Urgent!!
Re: Buildin Answer Needed Urgently by dplordx(m): 7:15pm On Feb 04, 2010
thank you aasog!i ask one indian engineer guess what?he said they use the construction viberator down in developed countries and was suprised a nigerian engineer know about it.am happy my contracto know his job.i am going to call you if my contractor cant understand so you can meet him and help with this.
Re: Buildin Answer Needed Urgently by oderemo(m): 10:43pm On Feb 04, 2010
i have a big vibrator unused for yrs in my yard in Abuja. bought it from England for a job that never materialise. come fetch it in Abuja if you can travel.
Re: Buildin Answer Needed Urgently by dplordx(m): 10:21am On Feb 05, 2010
thank you sir.we rent one from one construction company and brought it over last night and they test it early this morning and its working i am greatful i use this site.thanks to seun and everyone who make nairaland resourcesful
Re: Buildin Answer Needed Urgently by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 05, 2010
[b]@dplorx
you are very welcome. I think Seun the founder and Lawyer deserve more applaud.

@makingstep
These are the most used and known roofing materials I know about:
Asphalt Shingles - A typical asphalt shingle roof may last about 20 years. It’s the most attractive so far.
Metal Roofing - Reflects heat very well, and last longer than any known roofing materials, unless you are want to cover your roof with concrete.
Tile Roofing- Made from clay or concrete, tile roofs are extremely durable with warranties typically covering 50 to 75 years. Tile roofing is heavy, so if you are replacing a lightweight material with tile, be sure that your roof supports are strong enough to bear the weight. If not, reinforcing your roof structure can add significant cost to installing a tile roof. Tile roofing are incredibly expensive as covering 2 units of 2 bedroom flat would cost about 1.5 million naira. Usually, the costs are measured per sq ft.
Slate Roofs: Easy, cheap and lasting. Nigerite and some other Chinese manufacturers are mass producing this, and the amount you would use for a 2 units of 2 or 3 bedroom won’t exceed 300 slates, or at most, 350 because of cracking while transporting and moving. Slates have their limited strength, but they could go as far as 70 years or more. Please, buy from authorized dealers as some fake slates are known to cause lung poisoning. So when purchasing, go with your carpenter or contractor.
Step Tiles: Beautiful, expensive, and far much long lasting. Also measured per sq mtr. And outrageously expensive.
You can pick any of the above and email me your house plan so I could make proper calculations of how much you will be spending inregards cost of woods, and roofing materials.

(1) (Reply)

Genuine Properties For Sale With Good Title And Affordable Prices. / 1.5hct Land @ Sabon Lugbe fct Abuja.(s/w Ext Layout) Ready 2 build on. / Looking For Petrol Station For Lease, Between Sango Ota And Idiroko.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.