Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,628 members, 7,962,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

Issues With My Kia Rio - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Issues With My Kia Rio (6833 Views)

My KIA RIO Is Giving My Sleepless Night / Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick / Pls Help, My Kia Rio 2003 Smokes Badly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Issues With My Kia Rio by autologic: 8:19am On Jan 10, 2020
Bonjovi13:

Hi Ayo.What's the recommended coolant for kia rio 2014.
I noticed some oil spill on the right top of the engine. There is some noticeable vibration once in a while especially on idle with ac on.
The oil change doesnt indicate any discoloration. ie with water.Just that the radiator water level goes down a bit.
Someone recommended a gasget change?
Advice me .Thanks
Go for a radiator cooling system test , that will reveal the source of leak 100% wether internal or external.

Re: Issues With My Kia Rio by Ayo8(m): 9:14am On Jan 18, 2020
Bonjovi13:

Hi Ayo.What's the recommended coolant for kia rio 2014.
I noticed some oil spill on the right top of the engine. There is some noticeable vibration once in a while especially on idle with ac on.
The oil change doesnt indicate any discoloration. ie with water.Just that the radiator water level goes down a bit.
Someone recommended a gasget change?
Advice me .Thanks

Cc
Gazzuzz
Honmusa
Mayor2013
Re: Issues With My Kia Rio by Isapeace: 9:58am On Jan 29, 2021
I bought this Kia Rio 2014 Nigeria used and been battling with engine goes off whenever I am using the AC. I can't drive more than 5 mins AC before the engine goes off. But it works perfectly if I drive without turning on the AC. Any help on this pls
Re: Issues With My Kia Rio by Ayo8(m): 10:29am On Jan 29, 2021
Isapeace:
I bought this Kia Rio 2014 Nigeria used and been battling with engine goes off whenever I am using the AC. I can't drive more than 5 mins AC before the engine goes off. But it works perfectly if I drive without turning on the AC. Any help on this pls

Cc
Gazzuzz
Re: Issues With My Kia Rio by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:02pm On Jan 29, 2021
ashiwajew:
I bought this Kia Rio in January and it has been working perfectly not until water keeps drying off from the radiator in April, especially when I increase the AC to 2. To cut the long story short, on Sunday I tried to start it but didn't start but after so much attempt it started but with bad sound and vibration so I called a mechanic who says the coils and plugs are bad and that it's due for servicing. On Monday we headed for Ladipo, we bought everything we needed inclusive of new Mobil oil to service and after we administered all of these, it's still not starting in the process of recheck in one of the plugs he discovered stain of water on the plug and realized that the engine oil as turned milky then he said the gasket is damaged. Please could damaged gasket cause a car not to start and what other things should we look out for. Please any advise to prevent engine from being affected
Top gasket burnt due to dry radiator. I'll advice you to investigate the reason for overheating after fixing the gasket issue. Check for water pump and thermostat. Make sure your radiator is not dirty or clotted and make sure your ac in general is in good condition since that is when the car overheats. Chedc for compressor, condenser and the pipes for blockage.

The honest truth is when you buy a car either tokunbo or Nigerian used, be ready to spend money to put it in top shape before relying on the car that it will fire you to anywhere.
Re: Issues With My Kia Rio by Isapeace: 7:59am On Jan 31, 2021

Cc
Gazzuzz[/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Battery Or Alternator: Which One Is The Culprit Behind A Dead Car? / Help! Serpentine Belt Issues / Help My 04 Maxima Keeps Burning My Coil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.