Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,093 members, 7,977,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 09:00 PM

Who Is This? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Is This? (1166 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is This? by egetz(m): 12:20pm On Feb 07, 2007
You hurriedly want to pass a hot message across to your pal, that his cheque is ready for collection. You have no cheese in your phone and decides to use one of those call centres. You zap in the number and the phones chimes at the other end. Then a lady picks this phone and with one leering accent ask who is this?

Or you caught the bug yourself and one day an unknown number pops into your phone and almost intuitively, you bellow, WHO BE THIS? Not knowing it was your father on the other end.

This WHO IS THIS answer to phone calls I find demeaning and unschooled, if not utterly unmannerly. Whatever happened to the old polite, who is on the line? May I know you please?

I hate it when people answer me WHO IS THIS?
Re: Who Is This? by 2gud4me(m): 8:00pm On Feb 07, 2007
I can feel u bt i find myslf doin it 2.Its jus one of dos bad habits n cultures of Nigerians mayb if we gt horrible responses 4rm d oda end mos times we'll change bt till den, .WHO D HELL IS DIS?
Re: Who Is This? by Coco29(f): 8:05pm On Feb 07, 2007
i answer my Phone " Yes" "yeah" and "what" like i tell my friends if you do not like the mood i am in DON'T CALL.
Re: Who Is This? by tellmemore(m): 9:00am On Feb 08, 2007
The tone of the "WHO IS THIS" tells if it's rudely said or not. I don't think any serious minded person should be mannerless on the phone without being sure of who you are talking to. It might just be the call that will give you your BIG break.
Re: Who Is This? by Tobiegal(f): 9:45am On Feb 08, 2007
undecided well, I kind think its all about the tone in which we speak, when i get a call, am like 'Hello gudafternoon' and if i dont know who it is, i ask, 'who is this pls?' or 'who is on the line?

We may think 'who is this' is rude, but there are some who would ask 'may i know you pls' in the most annoying manner, u wld wish to hang-up the fone.

Ma point is, it does matter what u answer you fone with, what really matters is the approach (or voice pitch) that matters. cheesy
Re: Who Is This? by egetz(m): 5:09pm On Feb 08, 2007
truth is you never can tell who the person on the other end might be.

if you do not expect anybody higher up there than you to call, if all your buddies today are just and mere play parlies, then you can jolly well ask, WHO THE M, F IS THIS on the phone. but if you are in serious business and your phone is a business tool, you will be doing yourself in with that kind of response on the phone.

it is rude, insolent, cheeky and most impertinent.

but sha, anything goes if you are just a anyhow person.

finishing schools must teach this, i guess.

egetz

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Everybody? / Admission Oversea! Admission Oversea! Admission Oversea! / Information On Reception Venues In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.