Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,893 members, 7,915,603 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 07:40 AM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (935 Views)

Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith / Members Worship At Flooded Greenvine International Christian Centre PortHarcourt / Nigerians React To Harvesters International Church New Offerings/tithe System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by RighteousI: 9:19pm On Jul 27, 2017
Re: . by stainlessnature: 9:24pm On Jul 27, 2017
Lips sealed.... Hmm
Re: . by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 27, 2017
Address please... I've always wanted to get closer to God.

1 Like

Re: . by Ncsamuel(m): 9:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
Op hope you wont when they come after you?!
Re: . by olayinks007(m): 9:42pm On Jul 27, 2017
ShyCypher:
Address please... I've always wanted to get closer to God.

cheesy badt guy, u better dey ur lane cos church like dat am sorry 2 tell u e go dey Harbour mammy water nd some kind marine spirit.
Re: . by Vanderandrew(m): 9:50pm On Jul 27, 2017
The most wonderful Christians I have ever met are members of that Church. Their Sunday services is a deeply mixed multitude. The real members are those that come for Vigil, Cell meetings, District meetings or Midweek meetings. Sunday service has a mixed multitude.

1 Like

Re: . by PastorandMentor(m): 9:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
Mumu op. Common run out from here.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2017
olayinks007:

cheesy badt guy, u better dey ur lane cos church like dat am sorry 2 tell u e go dey Harbour mammy water nd some kind marine spirit.

Im also a marine spirit. Free me
Re: . by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
RighteousI:
Harvesters have to take the number one spot when it comes to sex. They usually preach sex topics to the congregation. But their band has to be the best, its like being in a concert. But with that good music comes immoral dancing by the women. I once attended one of their services and I was sitting at the back, the women in the row in front were dancing, it was like watching oritse femi or fela kuti girl dancers, I've never seen a woman dance sexually like that before. You need to see how these women were shaking their "assets" it was unbelievable. The dress code of the ladies was also immoral. You had women covering their exposed cleavages with nothing but net-like materials and you can clearly see through to their cleavages. You had voluptuous women with heavy back sides wearing mini and tight body-hugs. The overall theme in the church was "let's have sex". Can you believe they even once had a sermon for the youths titled "I'm single, saved and I love sex".
on one occassion a young male pastor told the female members of the congregation not to feel shy to discuss their sexual fantasies.
Harvesters is truly a sex church but having said that there are some aspects of their church that should be adopted by any true church.

Here are what I believe are the pros and cons of Harvesters church.

Cons:
They promote sexual immorality amongst the youth.
They don't preach the true gospel of repentance and judgement.
They are prosperity preachers

Pros:
Their band is impressive, that's the way music should be played in the church as long as people don't dance immorally.

They preach in a modern way

They promote and facilitate marriage by matchmaking. they are probably the only church where matchmaking is official. One of their pastors once said that all single people looking for relationships should stay behind for "hook ups" .
May I say that matchmaking is not a bad or immoral idea as long as it is being done for marriage.
But again having said that you may discover that those in the church are not true christians.

To conclude, I believe Harvesters are more of a secular, youth and realtionship group rather than a church and I don't advice a true christian to go there.

Please where is the church located bro?? Let me preach and do evangelism there. The Lord just ministered to me... smiley

grin
Re: . by Baddest69(m): 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
Give us the address of the church here in lagos or idonbilivit
Re: . by olayinks007(m): 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2017
ShyCypher:

Im also a marine spirit. Free me

cheesy... Naughty u
Re: . by edicied: 10:45pm On Jul 27, 2017
olayinks007:

Seriously? cheesy op please i need address ASAP i want to get closer to GOD too
Re: . by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 28, 2017
If the music part is the only interesting part, then the church is empty.

(1) (Reply)

Word Of God??? / . / Six Enemies To Faith – Kenneth E. Hagin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.