Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,618 members, 7,962,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 07:24 PM

You Can Make A First Class By Mere Dedication - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / You Can Make A First Class By Mere Dedication (360 Views)

Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA / 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation / History Produces First Class In University Of Calabar (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can Make A First Class By Mere Dedication by Socsed(m): 8:10am On Jul 30, 2017
Danug Simtong emerged as the overall best graduate of Bingham University in Nasarawa State at the recently held convocation of the institution for the 2014/ 2015 academic session . He had 4. 97 CGPA to lead others . In this interview with UMAR MUHAMMED, he shares his experience on how he did it
How would you describe this feat of being the overall best in your set ?
Actually the best is being chosen by God . So, if God doesn ’ t find someone worthy, that means that person is not worthy . So , I would actually say it is because of God I achieved this feat.
Was it something you really planned towards ?
The journey of a thousand miles actually begins with a step and it was something well planned from the beginning . Such feat does not happen by happenstance, so I planned for it and I thank God for making it happen.
What was your performance like when you started ?
When I started , it wasn ’t very easy. It was somehow rough and at a point in time, I became apprehensive of my performance and I knew that I wasn ’t giving my best . After some time, I was reassured by God that it was just the beginning and that I could actually do better. I believed it and worked harder.
Were there challenges you faced throughout?
There were lots of challenges . Sometimes , financial challenges and sometimes challenges from friends who harboured the feeling of being neglected, because at a point in time, I had to leave them and face my studies. So , those were the only challenges . The truth is if you have your eyes on a goal , there are some tough decisions you have to make .
How easy was it to have first class?
I would say it is not quite easy because it requires serious dedication and making some sacrifices . Sometimes , you have to give up your resources, time for pleasure , time to play with friends and of course let go of some other things that could be inimical to your progress . So students should understand that there are tough decisions to be made and it wasn ’t quite easy as such.
Continues at https://imodola..co.ke/2017/07/library-was-like-my-second-home-simtong.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Insurance Project Topics / Latest On ASUU Strike: We’ve Not Called Off Strike – ASUU / JAMB Pegs Varsity Admission Cut-off Mark At 120, Poly 100...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.