Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,137 members, 7,936,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 03:33 PM

President Buhari's Sitting Room Doesn't Define His Person...opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's Sitting Room Doesn't Define His Person...opinion (1125 Views)

Why Is President Buhari Sitting On A Chair During Eid Prayers? / President Buhari Sitting On An Old Chair In Daura. Nigerians React To Photo / President Buhari Sitting On A Chair During Prayer. Picture Causes Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari's Sitting Room Doesn't Define His Person...opinion by massinola(m): 9:16am On Sep 09, 2017
From the first day Mohammed Buhari indicated interest in running for the office of the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, his party and followers have gone far and beyond to present him to us as a humble, contented, non-materialistic, etc person. Their first attempt was the purchase of the APC aspirant form. We were told by his followers that he borrowed the 27 million used in purchasing the form. Not long after that, his wife donated over 100million to IDP or so during the campaign. My question, if the president couldn't afford 27million for his form, how and where did Aisha Buhari get the millions of naira she donated? Not just that. His children, not child were all schooling abroad by then. Who was paying for their tuition accommodation and upkeeps? Finally, most of us bought the market they were selling and he won the seat of the president. One of his first declarations was cutting down the number of presidential air flits. In other words, he was going to sell some of the air crafts. The camp of his followers was set into frenzy with the chant of sai baba, Mr. Integrity. Not minding that those air crafts are not his private properties but our collective properties, so his selling them doesn't in any way mean anything close to his simple and non-materialistic nature. Rather if he had cut down the Aso rock budget allocations, that would have portrayed him in that light. No, the Aso rock budget allocations were almost tripled. Up until now I have not heard of the selling of those air crafts (I stand to be corrected though), rather, they have been used to tour the whole world within just two years.
The recent among their attempts to present him to Nigerians as Mr. Integrity, upright and non-materialistic man is the Nigeria vs Cameroon match episode. His television size, stand, DVD, and sitting room settings were praised by his followers as a show of how humble, contented and non-materialistic he is. This had led me to ask some questions: does one's sitting room or house settings determine his personality and moral justifications? How many sitting rooms does Pa Buhari have in Daura?

Picture 1 is the picture they showed us last year during the small sallah celebration of how the floor and chairs in his house in Daura are. And how he is so humble that as a sitting president he doesn’t even care to change them because he doesn’t value material things. Picture 2 is the visit of Chard president (I stand to be corrected though) to President Buhari in his home town during this year’s sallah celebration. So, please, how many sitting rooms does Pa Buhari have there in Daura?
Some times in the past and recently, online users have come up with some estimations of how much Buhari’s shoes and wrist watch cost. APC and his followers have not come out to deny that facts but their only defense is that as a president, he can afford those things. Yes, he can as a president, I’m in support of that because my president must look up to date and presentable. But why use unrealistic yardsticks to measure a man’s integrity?

Picture 3 is Buhari wearing a wrist watch according to online users estimated to have cost 7million plus. Picture 4 is him wearing a pair of shoes estimated to have cost 200k plus. Let it be known that I am not against him wearing any of these things, he deserves them, and he can afford them as a president. What I am against is the way and manner APC and their e-warriors are trying by all means possible to portray him in light of what he is not. If Buhari can wear these expensive thing, then the way he sets his sitting room is a thing of choice and taste not personality stuff. Besides, an Hausa man sits on the mat and not cushion. So, that shouldn’t define the person’s personality and character.
Going by their description, it means Bilgates is arrogant, selfish, materialistic etc because of his house setting.

The APC and their e-warriors should stop forcing us to believe Pa Buhari doesn’t love material things and that he is Mr. Integrity because of his sitting room and television stand. It is a taste thing, culture and choice. Remember, you can take a man out of the village but can’t take the village out of the man. Allow Buhari to convince us all otherwise. Till now, I am yet to be convinced.

Re: President Buhari's Sitting Room Doesn't Define His Person...opinion by massinola(m): 9:17am On Sep 09, 2017
Billgate's house

Re: President Buhari's Sitting Room Doesn't Define His Person...opinion by wakaman: 10:37am On Sep 09, 2017
You need to get busy with your business!
Re: President Buhari's Sitting Room Doesn't Define His Person...opinion by massinola(m): 10:38am On Sep 09, 2017
wakaman:
You need to get busy with your business!
This is weekend Mr man. Beside, he's my business because he's my president
Re: President Buhari's Sitting Room Doesn't Define His Person...opinion by babyfaceafrica: 10:51am On Sep 09, 2017
Noted
Re: President Buhari's Sitting Room Doesn't Define His Person...opinion by ashjay001(m): 11:21am On Sep 09, 2017
massinola:
Billgate's house

He probably has a sitting room for international guests, and even the one u posted still reeks of humble beginnings. Check out d curtains.

His wife was n is a very rich lady! She was in cahoots with nnpc to provide training in their empowerment schemes. Even owned a booming beauty school n beauty parlour.

Check out pics from before his presidency, during his presidency, corper visits n all that. The theme remains the same! Humble

The truth is, PMB is quite wealthy, IBB made sure of that. We only heard he rejected cars, but not d excess funds, awarded to retired past presidents, n probably incorporated with his pension, as a former military general.

Those watches, shoes are certainly not his choice. He doesnt look like someone who would agree to pay absurd sums for such items, integrity apart! This guy doesnt see anything wrong in repeating clothings, over years! Even as president?!

Reminds me of my dad. I got married 8+ yrs ago n cant find my wedding shoes again! My dad still has d very expensive ones I bought for him, in mint condition! And we've bought several, after that! All still in mint condition! He doesnt see anything wearing pams with his suit, a high ranking church official at that!

A good friend was once given a rolex, he couldnt have afforded it, from then, till now! Only God can know if he would even be able to av afforded it in d future.

Bubu is rich, thats why he has refused to publicly declare his assets! But, he has very humble tastes. Nobody is even talking abt all d add-ons he gets as president, just his bloody 14m salary! Who believes that?

(1) (Reply)

Blood Everywhere As Violence Escalates In Delta Election ,one Feared Dead (gory / Presidency Releases Statement On Yusuf Buhari's Health / Ekiti Sets To Establish Anti-corruption Agency (EECC) bill passes second Reading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.