Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,093 members, 7,946,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 03:45 AM

. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / . (1743 Views)

Pls Help On How To Write CV For A Lecturing Job In A Polytechnic / Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company Receiving Cv / Here's My Cv: Someone Pls Get Me A Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

. by seunfly: 2:13am On Feb 26, 2010
THANKS
Re: . by violent(m): 3:20am On Feb 26, 2010
A CV is a marketing document - an advert for you - and therefore needs to clearly show why you are the person they should interview. This means that you may need to amend your CV for each job you apply for.

CV's (sometimes known as Resumes) are slightly different throughout the world, but there are certain conventions that you should try to stick to:
- no more than 2 sides of A4 - a one sided CV may be appropriate if you have little or no work experience, and is often required by US based companies;
- Start the document with your Name at the top of the first page (not Curriculum Vitae);
- Unless requested otherwise, do not put a photo of yourself on the CV;
- There is no need to put on your date of birth, your gender or your marital status - it is maybe worthwhile adding your nationality though.
- Finish your CV with a References section - there is no need to list your references at that stage though - simmple say 'Available on request'.

Re: . by violent(m): 3:21am On Feb 26, 2010
^^ you can find attached a sample CV you might consider using, send me an IV for a drink after you get your job

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Tastee Fried Chicken Tfc Vacancies / Exciting Vacancies At Light Heights Global Services Ltd / Thumbs Up Projects Ltd Job Vacancies For Fresh & Experienced Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.