Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,720 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:50 PM

.... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / .... (1322 Views)

How Should I Handle Friends Requesting For Loan? / My brother is driving me nut - How Should I Handle This Family Issue? / Women Are Asking My Husband Out On Whatsapp. How Do I Handle This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.... by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 17, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: .... by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2017
Who is the little girl doing all the work there?
Re: .... by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2017
Mindfulness:
Who is the little girl doing all the work there?
her niece
Re: .... by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2017
Odilafta1:

her niece

But you no longer live with them, right?
Re: .... by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2017
Mindfulness:

But you no longer live with them, right?
Yes.
You might want to say it's not my business but I am concerned.
Re: .... by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 17, 2017
Odilafta1:

Yes.
You might want to say it's not my business but I am concerned.

There is a child involved so I appreciate your concern. I would tell you to mind your own business if no child was involved.

Speak out and also inform the little girl's parents.

1 Like

Re: .... by babythug(f): 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2017
Do you have a rapport with any of the fellows living there currently?

Maybe you can point it out to them that they need to pull their weight and not burden the poor child unnecessarily.
Re: .... by 40kobo77: 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2017
Odilafta1:
I have an aunt whom I stayed with for years before leaving and there's this style of upbringing she's good at and it's her not allowing the guys or anyone older do any chores. She firmly believes that the youngest amongst us (my cousins and I) and the female should be assigned all house chores and even some things that might be too heavy for a lady to do.
Before I moved out,another cousin of ours came to the house and since then she has never allowed the guy do as little as pack his plate to the kitchen after eating,she would have clothes and duvet to wash and would give them to the little girl that has just come to stay with her.
Plates would be left unwashed,rooms and even the beds of the other guys would be left in mess,she (my aunt) does the cooking when the little girl leaves for school, nothing and I mean nothing works when there's no younger person in the house.

I feel it's wrong and I dunno what to do because it has given the others so much leverage that they can poop and not flush.

Not cool.

1 Like

Re: .... by tayo60(f): 6:36pm On Sep 19, 2017
By the time your aunt starts reaping what she is sowing now, nobody will be there to console her. Pampering even adult children. I wonder why some parents do that. Raising bunches of lazy, dirty individuals!
Re: .... by BrotherJesu(m): 7:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
Odilafta1:
I have an aunt whom I stayed with for years before leaving and there's this style of upbringing she's good at and it's her not allowing the guys or anyone older do any chores. She firmly believes that the youngest amongst us (my cousins and I) and the female should be assigned all house chores and even some things that might be too heavy for a lady to do.
Before I moved out,another cousin of ours came to the house and since then she has never allowed the guy do as little as pack his plate to the kitchen after eating,she would have clothes and duvet to wash and would give them to the little girl that has just come to stay with her.
Plates would be left unwashed,rooms and even the beds of the other guys would be left in mess,she (my aunt) does the cooking when the little girl leaves for school, nothing and I mean nothing works when there's no younger person in the house.

I feel it's wrong and I dunno what to do because it has given the others so much leverage that they can poop and not flush.

Going by what u have up dre, i dont see that lady as a wicked person trying to hurt anyone i guess thta is her definitn of home training and trying to catch dem young, the only questnable act is not allow ng the olda ones invlvd
Re: .... by OldBeer: 9:05pm On Sep 19, 2017
Kai! I already feel sorry for the women that will get married to them.
It will be a life of pure undiluted slavery.

2 Likes

Re: .... by johnson232: 10:53pm On Sep 19, 2017
This story doesn't look sincere
Since u are no longer living with them, how do u know the girl does everything?
Saying they deficate & refuse to flush shows exageration, which bespeaks u have ulterior motives for having concerns

Op did any of your aunt sons offend u?
Be honest...Unforgiveness & hatred can be very destructive...

Re: .... by johnson232: 10:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
tayo60:
By the time your aunt starts reaping what she is sowing now, nobody will be there to console her. Pampering even adult children. I wonder why some parents do that. Raising bunches of lazy, dirty individuals!
Her aunt won't regret anything
What makes u think op is saying the truth & not exaggerating?
What is wrong with a mother cooking for her children?
Don't u cook for your children?

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Most Immediate Sisters Fight And Hate Bitterly? / SO Touchy:when Last Did You Hug Your Father? - Nigerians Reacts / ACHIEVE 2X BIGGER AND STRONGER PENIS IN JUST 4WEEKS!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.