Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,765 members, 7,962,526 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

Toyota Sienna 2000 Gear Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Sienna 2000 Gear Issue (1362 Views)

Reverse gear issue When Engine Is Cold / Toyota Camry 2007 Model Gear Issue / Corolla 04 Gear Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Sienna 2000 Gear Issue by mooa404(m): 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
Heloo Auto Transmission/Rewire Guru.
I bought a Naija used Sienna 2000 recently and I found out the gear does not pick well in gear shift two!
The gear is sharp but when it shifts to 2, no matter how I rev the accelerator it will not speed up as expected.
My Mecho said that there is no need for gear service yet.
The following repairs have been done:
1) Fuel Filter & Pump changed.
2) Nossle serviced.
The seller confirmed that he has once changed the ECU - Brian Box but he can not remember the reason for the exchange.
A rewire suggested that the issue might be the wire connection on the changed Brian Box is not properly done in respect of the Gear.
This issue has troubled my mind so much thereby coming up on this platform to seek help.
Over to you the Egnrs.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Sienna 2000 Gear Issue by honmusa(m): 5:51am On Oct 23, 2017
mooa404:
Heloo Auto Transmission/Rewire Guru.
I bought a Naija used Sienna 2000 recently and I found out the gear does not pick well in gear shift two!
The gear is sharp but when it shifts to 2, no matter how I rev the accelerator it will not speed up as expected.
My Mecho said that there is no need for gear service yet.
The following repairs have been done:
1) Fuel Filter & Pump changed.
2) Nossle serviced.
The seller confirmed that he has once changed the ECU - Brian Box but he can not remember the reason for the exchange.
A rewire suggested that the issue might be the wire connection on the changed Brian Box is not properly done in respect of the Gear.
This issue has troubled my mind so much thereby coming up on this platform to seek help.
Over to you the Egnrs.
Limb mode suspected .take this car to a competent and recommended technician to get the issue diagnosed .
Re: Toyota Sienna 2000 Gear Issue by mooa404(m): 4:30am On Oct 26, 2017
Pls what's Limp Mode?
Can you recommend certified auto technician with pocket friendly charges in Lagos?
Thanks...
Re: Toyota Sienna 2000 Gear Issue by honmusa(m): 6:25am On Oct 26, 2017
mooa404:
Pls what's Limp Mode?
Can you recommend certified auto technician with pocket friendly charges in Lagos?
Thanks...
call autologic @08061166316.
read about limb mode here:
https://www.transmissionrepaircostguide.com/limp-mode/

(1) (Reply)

Clean 2007 Avalon For Sale / Catalyst Converter Good Or Bad News For Peugeot 406 / Just Shipped In: 2012 Camry XLE V6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.