Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,471 members, 7,964,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 01:03 AM

... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ... (1122 Views)

Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano / Jonathan To Sack Ministers With Governorship Aspirations / Breaking News - Jonathan To Sack Ministers Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by newcreatio(m): 9:27am On Mar 22, 2010
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 22, 2010
grin find a lawyer,
Re: ... by blacksta(m): 10:26am On Mar 22, 2010
@poster

You must have been leaving in a cave for the last 10 years - and it will take alot of effort and time to bring you up to speed. I would prefer you return to the cave and try again in another 10 years
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 22, 2010
the Acting President has the power to hire and fire any minister .he is our de facto president,and he exercises the same presidential powers as the President. He does not have to give reasons for hiring or firing.But the NASS can ask questions if need be
Re: ... by nex(m): 10:43am On Mar 22, 2010
The Constitution provides for the President to dissolve the Cabinet but these are the flaws we need to correct in our constitution because it is highly undemocratic.

If the President requires the approval of Parliament to appoint Ministers, I wonder why the President wouldn't need their same approval to dissolve the Cabinet.

This Jonathan is beginning to show his dictatorial tendencies. He was even made Ag. President unconstitutionally because we all know the constitution is flawed to a certain degree.

Funny enough, Nigerians continue with their siddon-look attitude.
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 22, 2010
section 147 of the 1999 constitution says:

(1) There shall be such offices of Ministers of the Government of the Federation as may be established by the President.

(2) Any appointment to the office of Minister of the Government of the Federation shall, if the nomination of any person to such office is confirmed by the Senate, be made by the President.

(3) Any appointment under subsection (2) of this section by the President shall be in conformity with the provisions of section 14(3) of this Constitution:-

provided that in giving effect to the provisions aforesaid the President shall appoint at least one Minister from each State, who shall be an indigene of such State.
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 22, 2010
For no reason? They are traitors and should be tried for treason! angry
Re: ... by bibiking1(m): 11:41am On Mar 22, 2010
That "No Reason" part really makes me sad! I really believe the earlier proposed "cave vacation" would do you some good!
Re: ... by na2day2(m): 9:21pm On Apr 07, 2010
newcreatio:

I need a little understanding of the Nigerian Constitution including what is acceptable and what is not. Does the President(or Acting President) have the right to Sack His Ministers For No Reason?
What is the Current state of things in Nigeria. Several Sources are saying different things. Are the Ministers Sacked or is the Cabinet reshuffled?

yup! he was appointed for no reason and can equally be disappointed for no reason grin grin grin
Re: ... by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Apr 07, 2010
Ujujoan:

For no reason? They are traitors and should be tried for treason! angry

In a democracy, you would have to PROVE they were Traitors, and that it is not just personal. I think the @Poster is point in bringing up this question. Does or should the president have the power to dismiss anyone, because they do not agree with President or side with him on certain issues?  Is that right in a democracy? Do you reshuffle because you are not getting YOUR WAY?
Re: ... by na2day2(m): 9:58pm On Apr 07, 2010
Kobojunkie:

In a democracy, you would have to PROVE they were Traitors, and that it is not just personal. I think the @Poster is point in bringing up this question. Does or should the president have the power to dismiss anyone, because they do not agree with President or side with him on certain issues?  Is that right in a democracy? Do you reshuffle because you are not getting YOUR WAY?

in whose democracy?  BTW the next time i send u an IM and u refuse to reply me eh! angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Yar’adua : I Owe Public No Explanation – Oyedepo / Nigeria Disburses $4.7 Bln To Govt, Plans Wealth Fund / Fec Approves N1.7bn For Primary School Textbooks !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.