Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,658 members, 7,962,144 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 01:26 AM

Ruthless Mafia Boss, Toto Riina Who Ordered 150 ‘hits’ Dies - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ruthless Mafia Boss, Toto Riina Who Ordered 150 ‘hits’ Dies (682 Views)

Moment Italian Mafia Boss Escaped From Prison Using Tied Up Bedsheets / Osabuohien Ehigiator, Nigerian Mafia Boss Arrested In Italy / Madam Who Ordered Thugs To Brutalize Security Guard Finally Arrested. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruthless Mafia Boss, Toto Riina Who Ordered 150 ‘hits’ Dies by Kayus4real: 7:47am On Nov 17, 2017
Former “ boss of bosses ” Toto Riina , one of the most feared Godfathers in the history of the Sicilian Mafia, died early Friday after battling cancer , Italian media reported. Riina , who had been serving 26 life sentences and is thought to have ordered more than 150 murders, had been in a medically - induced coma after his health deteriorated following two operations . The mobster , who turned 87 on Thursday, died in the prisoners ’ wing of a hospital in Parma in northern Italy just before 4 am (0300 GMT) , according to the country ’ s main dailies and ANSA news agency . The hospital would not immediately confirm his death . His wife and three of his four children had been given permission by Italy ’ s health ministry Thursday for a rare visit to say goodbye. Riina ’ s eldest son Giovanni is serving a life sentence for four murders . “ You ’ re not Toto Riina to me, you ’ re just my dad . And I wish you happy birthday dad on this sad but important day , I love you , ” his other son Salvatore wrote on Facebook on Thursday . An ageing Riina asked in July to be released from prison on the grounds of serious illness — a request that was denied after a court ruled the care he received behind bars was as good as he would get on the outside . Doctors said at the time that the former boss was “ lucid” . He was caught on a wiretap earlier this year saying he “ regrets nothing … They’ ll never break me, even if they give me 3, 000 years ” in jail . Riina ’ s most high- profile ordered hits were the assassinations in 1992 of anti - mafia judges Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino , who had worked fearlessly to bring more than 300 mobsters to trial in 1987 . He was also behind a series of bombings in Rome , Milan and Florence that killed 10 people. “ God have mercy on him , as we won’ t , ” said an association for victims of the Florence blast, according to the Fatto Quotidiano daily.

http://punchng.com/ruthless-mafia-boss-toto-riina-who-ordered-150-hits-dies/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruthless Mafia Boss, Toto Riina Who Ordered 150 ‘hits’ Dies by tollytexy(m): 8:08am On Nov 17, 2017
just incase ..
Re: Ruthless Mafia Boss, Toto Riina Who Ordered 150 ‘hits’ Dies by hatchy(f): 8:33am On Nov 17, 2017
Toto......That sounds familiar. I hope its not what I'm thinking though.

Rest if you will find peace!
Re: Ruthless Mafia Boss, Toto Riina Who Ordered 150 ‘hits’ Dies by EngrMarve(m): 8:50am On Nov 17, 2017
Who ordered his hit?

(1) (Reply)

Slavery In Africa.. Still Existing.. Check Data And ( Photos) / Hilarious:bank Robbers Used Dog Poo To Distract Bank Staff While They Carried ON / New Recruited Soldiers Stab Policeman In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.