Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,945 members, 7,963,013 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 11:49 PM

"Beneath The Skirt, Beyond The Mind" --- A Love Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Beneath The Skirt, Beyond The Mind" --- A Love Story (478 Views)

The Notoriety Of A Yam Shying Goat. The Anointing Of The Skirt By Some Pastors / Embarrassment: See Moment A Love Machine Fell Off Someone’s Bag At The Airport / Nigerian Girl Takes A Selfie With A Love Machine At The Background (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Beneath The Skirt, Beyond The Mind" --- A Love Story by JayCynic(m): 7:31am On Nov 21, 2017
----------
"That was Beneath The Skirt by Ley Rappz, I think the kid is super-talented, especially considering the decadence in the music industry today," The jolly voice of the radio anchor trebled in Lucy's Car, A Pettalous Nissan Salon Car. Cars in such overwhelming extravagance were driven by the big girls in Lagos. About now, she was on her way to pick Funke and Lara, her "besties" in Unilag. Her attention got diverted to a young boy, about 18, Tall and baby-faced, a Sony Headset balanced on his ears, so he couldnt hear the loud tooting of Lucy's Car horns. He created a mini-scene on Akoka when he almost got infront of Lucy's aporoaching Vehicle, it took much yelling of on-lookers and passers-by to finally turn his attention to the car behind him. On realising, he turned and looked at Lucy on the driver's seat, smiled and subtly apologised. "Sorry ma, something got me carried away." Lucy only shook her head and drove on, she was now thinking about the guy and how he addressed her as "Ma", was she looking old? Funke always made jokes calling her old woman but she never really thought about it, as far as she could logicalize, she was only about 2 years older than that guy. "Well," she thought to herself, "As long as Ikenna says i'm beautiful, then nobody else's opinion counts." She knew she was too paranoid and emotional about what people thought of her, since her campus days till the present day, she got too interested in what people said about her. People used to say how intelligent and quiet Lara was, how lousy and funny Funke was, how fluent and outspoken she was, and these really did propell her efforts and hardwork. She woke up from her thoughts to see Lara and Funke coming out from their department building, as soon as they got in the car, Funke laughed heavily, looking at Lucy's face she said, "Babe, this your makeup sha, the blush too much na, you come resemble Theresa May." There she was, calling her old again, "See as your own concealer dey expose everything for your face," Lara replied Funke and they all laughed. "So how was school today?" Lucy asked, "hmmm, if you see the way Dr.Ayo was looking at Lara today, you go just anticipate pre-wedding photos." They laughed again. Lucy started the car and they were chatting as they drove by the busy University Road, beautiful girls trekking, some walking hand-in-hand with Athletic-looking guys. "Girls, hope you have not forgotten Segun's Father's party at Kili this evening ooo," Funke announced. "Course, i'll be hoping to see real guys who got real bread, my Peruvian braid almost wearing out" Lucy spoke in a sardonic British accent, which always assured Funke that she was willing to have fun. "Sure, and I need to hand-in my manuscript." Lara added sharply. "book person", Funke called Lara and they laughed.
The gjrls stopped talking and the car was still, only for the song playing on Cool FM. "This song is dope." Lara said, her mind engrossed in the song. "Yeah, the lyrics are so powerful and real". Lucy was nodding slightly.

"You gotta see a thang of truth, before you look beneath the skirts"
"You gotta hear the voice of reason, every whiffin of your breath"
"Anytime I lay down, I wanna be a better Ley"
"Before I turn 18, It gotta be a better May"

Pt 2. Modified

Kilimanjaro was cold but Lucy and Laura were the hottest girls inside, Lucy wore a black crop top with a denim bum short, her feet was hurting inside the 4-inch high heel she wore, her earrings and her necklace were as simple as the makeup on her face. Lara appeared a little bit uneasy on her denim on denim, she wore a gymnast's sneakers, but she was yummy without the makeup chemicals on her. A little splash of pink lipsticks were enough to get many eyes looking at their table. The rich and sex-hungry men looking at the duo would either lick their lips, roll their tongues, rub their forehead or raise a glass each time Lucy looked in their direction. The party was boring except for performances by some underground urban artistes, comedians and dance groups. The Moderator always started and ended his sentences with "Thank You, our Honorable Sir." Funke was perharps in a guest room with Segun or at his table.
All of a sudden, the lights turned of and a swift wind of murmurs swept through the conference hall. Then a loud epic whisper came from the speakers -"My name is Ley, I Rep the Streets". The loud cheers that came from the crowd magnified when the lights came on and a tall figure was performing really artistically. Everybody's hands were up and for the first time in the evening, Lucy raised the wineglass to her lips. The guy who had her thinking earlier this afternoon was the same person who was Ley Rappz. After his performance, The lights went off and on again amidst cheers and applause from the little crowd of people who followed him. A little while later, the duo decided to go outside where people were having sex behind tree shades, and any hideous place possible. The breeze was cool, some guys came by to say hi but she wasnt in for "unrighteous people" who only wanted to have "unrighteous sex". Thats what she thought of the White guy that bought her house, the Chief that gave her this car, the Naval Officer who usually took her abroad and Ikenna who footed her bills. Unrighteous and dubious cheats who saw women only as sex tools. She only had just begun to feel resentment for every one of them when a guy with an American slanginess told her "Hi, errr, Pardon me, but this is the first time i've got four beautiful eyes staring at me, I'm Kingsley Dapo. Ley for short. You might want to....." Lara interrrupted "Im Omolara James and this is my friend Lucy William." Ley smiled babyishly with only his two upper teeth predominatly glaring. "So Ley, Lucy and Lara, that is an interesting trio, dont you think?" Lara laughed, Lucy was not sure what next to say.

"That was a great performance you had there".
" Yeah, I think thats cause the audience do not have mainstream consciousness, but Thank You anyways". Lara without an idea what he was talking about nodded and said, "Do know im your big fan."
"Thanks a million pretty". He turned and looked at Lucy who was lost and leaning on her car tyre. "I hope Lucy doesnt mind me having her contact details". Lucy's reply was toned with underlying unseriousness. "She does mind it, afterall Ley could be a fraudster or even an kidnapper". They laughed, Ley smiled again, very enthusiastic about his cheeks. "I wouldnt bother kidnapping you, when a pair of your shoes can pay the ransom." She laughed.
"Well, Im Lucy Will on social media, but I surely cant give you my phone number" Lucy had to carry her face up to see his styled African mohawk. He was taller than she even on her heels. "Okay. I hope my memory does get it right. Well i'll like you to check my songs on reverb, you know them song download sites and help me take my music round" His accent had little or no flaws and he spoke garishly. "Ley, we have to go now, my friend is waiting" Lara interrupted again. People were going home although the party wasnt over, Lara had sighted Segun and Funke doing their normal PDAs at the Hall entry door. "So im hoping to see you girls around." He extended his hands. "Goodnight Lucy, goodnight Omolara".
On their driveback home Funke told Lucy about Ley. "Kingsley, that guy, I heard his mother sold her things to get him a house outside campus, and all he could do was a write a song for her."
"Im already crushing on him" Lara replied.
"He is not that broke, I think he is a core hustler plus his music is cool." Lucy added
"Lara check my bag, you will see the souvenir Segun's father gave me." Lara removed a wrapped stuff from Funke's bag and unwrapped it.
"So na only Ipad a whole honorable fit give to him to be daughter-in-law." Lara hissed. As she was rearrainging Funke's bag, a used condom fell off.
"Funke, so Segun licked your kini again today abi?" Lara said raising the used condom. Funke playfull knocked Lara's head. "Mumu girl."
Re: "Beneath The Skirt, Beyond The Mind" --- A Love Story by theunnamed: 7:33am On Nov 21, 2017
Lemme balance first

(1) (Reply)

Six(6) Possible Signs To Show That He Will Still Beat You Up Even In Marriage / Governor Umahi’s Aide Allegedly Arrested For Raping Facebook Friend / Instagram Model Gets In Guinness Book Of World Record For Tw@rking For 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.