Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,971 members, 7,936,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 01:54 AM

Android Phones Has Secretly Been Sending Your Location To Google - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Phones Has Secretly Been Sending Your Location To Google (573 Views)

Is MTN Network Down In Your Location? / Change Your Android Phone Location To Any Country Without A VPN / These Android Phones Has The Top Gigantic Battery Capacity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Phones Has Secretly Been Sending Your Location To Google by kingsamm(m): 3:39pm On Nov 23, 2017
Android phones gather your location data and send it to Google, regardless of if you have location services turn on or not, even if you don’t have a SIM card.

Since January, all kinds of Android phones and tablets have been collecting the addresses of nearby cellular towers and sending the encrypted data to Google when connected to the internet.

Android leaks location to google

According to Google, An update that removes this cell tower data-collecting feature will roll out by the end of this month.
Google’s terms of service, at the time of publish, still states;
“When you use Google services, we may collect and process information about your actual location” using “various technologies... including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Google with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell tower.”
There is no way to prevent your location data from being sent to Google even if you turn off location/GPS services or even factory reset the phone.

Personally, I frown at such acts because I don't really like my location getting out. Not because I'm doing anything illegal or nothing I just like my privacy

I really hope Google does something to stop this.

Source - http://www.naijatechs.com/2017/11/android-phones-secretly-sends-location-to-google.html
Re: Android Phones Has Secretly Been Sending Your Location To Google by Offpoint: 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2017
kingsamm:
Android phones gather your location data and send it to Google, regardless of if you have location services turn on or not, even if you don’t have a SIM card.

Since January, all kinds of Android phones and tablets have been collecting the addresses of nearby cellular towers and sending the encrypted data to Google when connected to the internet.

Android leaks location to google

According to Google, An update that removes this cell tower data-collecting feature will roll out by the end of this month.
Google’s terms of service, at the time of publish, still states;
“When you use Google services, we may collect and process information about your actual location” using “various technologies... including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Google with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell tower.”
There is no way to prevent your location data from being sent to Google even if you turn off location/GPS services or even factory reset the phone.

Personally, I frown at such acts because I don't really like my location getting out. Not because I'm doing anything illegal or nothing I just like my privacy

I really hope Google does something to stop this.

Source - http://www.naijatechs.com/2017/11/android-phones-secretly-sends-location-to-google.html
I have nothing to worry about cuz I don't have a location
Re: Android Phones Has Secretly Been Sending Your Location To Google by kingsamm(m): 7:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
Offpoint:

I have nothing to worry about cuz I don't have a location
You mean you stay in the spirit realm shocked

1 Like

Re: Android Phones Has Secretly Been Sending Your Location To Google by Collinz2(m): 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
Wetin google wan use people location do
Re: Android Phones Has Secretly Been Sending Your Location To Google by Offpoint: 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
kingsamm:
You mean you stay in the spirit realm shocked
beyond that bro.... just like the wind

1 Like

Re: Android Phones Has Secretly Been Sending Your Location To Google by sureinfo: 9:52am On Nov 24, 2017
I have no facts but I bliv tracking you with your device shouldn't be a big problem for google
Re: Android Phones Has Secretly Been Sending Your Location To Google by MarkWayne89: 11:03am On Nov 24, 2017
An Android phone comes with several Google Apps pre-installed on it. So this is no surprise that Google spies on Android users.

Moreover, is their business to sell data. So, in this case, the more data Google has, the better it can target its ads and generate a profit.
Re: Android Phones Has Secretly Been Sending Your Location To Google by Greatzeus(m): 7:08pm On Nov 26, 2017
Let them send it now undecided They can even monitor my sex life and eating habits for all I care,as long as they don't come near my bank account angry cos that's when heaven will break loose grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Need Clean Samsung Edge S7 / Https://www.getfitnesssupplement.com/keto-6x-review/ / Allcall W2 Smartwatch Makes You Redefine Convenience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.