Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,524 members, 7,961,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 10:53 AM

Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit (4817 Views)

Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! / Goodluck Jonathan On A Shopping Spree Abroad...photo / Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by hambehsam(m): 8:02pm On Apr 08, 2010
The biginning of the end of this nightmare. Since 23rd November 2009 we have been dreaming in Nigeria. very soon we will wake up to the actual reality.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Fhemmmy: 8:04pm On Apr 08, 2010
hambehsam:

The biginning of the end of this nightmare. Since 23rd November 2009 we have been dreaming in Nigeria. very soon we will wake up to the actual reality.

And what do u think that would be?
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 08, 2010
Fhemmmy:

And what do u think that would be?
rise up to our challenges as a nation
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Fhemmmy: 8:23pm On Apr 08, 2010
aguiyi:

rise up to our challenges as a nation

OK
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by hubreality(m): 9:14pm On Apr 08, 2010
I think, this is a very sensitive matter and should be handled wisely. They clerics don't need to speak to the media for not being missrepresented. I agree with them on that. Yellow Journalism they practice a lot here! I thank God because I know that God's will is on cause already. No mortal can stop it. Irrespective of seemingly odds associated.

I thank God for the acting president. So patient, humble and great in spirit. Indeed a goodluck they say! Should I say that the visit by the clerics is quite significant with samuel's move to spiritually empower David to rule Isreal while King Saul lasted in his own ways.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by jokingmary(m): 9:17pm On Apr 08, 2010
I'm getting confused
first we were told that the president was ok and will be resuming work by the end of april
now the news is that mr president is sick undecided
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Kilode1: 11:18pm On Apr 08, 2010
So the Yar' adua visit ain't "personal" afterall? undecided
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Rmc1(m): 4:59am On Apr 09, 2010
secrets
secrets
secrets
secrets

show us yara dua
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by princekevo(m): 7:01am On Apr 09, 2010
Make Una dey there dey wait for the speculations, more lies from the media and the so called leaders. The life remains an empty bucket, what you fill in is what you get. We chosed to siddon dey look and exactly what is happening today is what we deserve, walking in the dark, media speculations and lies from our leader both political and religious.

Now these are people who love their nation and chose to take the bull by the horn. These guys has been on the street for a week now demanding for the right thing be done. Nigerians need to see where those criminals call the MP's were running for their life. They were evacuated through back doors. We said we have democracy that is costing us billions of naira to run yet Nigerians can not stand up and speak for their right even when those representing them has failed.

Thailand has issued arrest warrants for seven people allegedly involved in the storming of the country's parliament.

The move comes a day before more mass anti-government protests scheduled to take place in the capital, Bangkok.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajivahas has declared a state of emergency but thousands of protesters have vowed to defy orders to disperse.

The escalating unrest has caused Mr Abhisit to cancel plans to attend a summit of regional leaders in Vietnam.

The arrest warrants come after thousands of red-shirted protesters stormed the parliament building on Wednesday forcing MPs to flee.

Despite the state of emergency, the red-shirted protesters show no signs of moving voluntarily from the commercial district.

They want Mr Abhisit to resign and call elections, saying his government is illegitimate as it was brought to power with military support.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8610022.stm
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by chakula: 8:47am On Apr 09, 2010
@all,

our leaders of today understood themselves better than NL GUYS, for you to stated neither goodluck have not seen yar'adua nor -----------------, yet he is commander in chief to the nation, so what next?
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by CRonaldo2: 9:09am On Apr 09, 2010
chakula:

@all,

our leaders of today understood themselves better than NL GUYS, for you to stated neither goodluck have not seen yar'adua nor -----------------, yet he is commander in chief to the nation, so what next?

Like I mentioned in the other thread, how can someone believe that Goodluck has not seen Yaradua? Who are the people preventing the commander in chief from seeing the president who resides in the same Aso Rock Villa? How can Turai prevent Goodluck from seeing his husband? People seem not to understand that their is unity at the top in this nation. Our so call leaders are united that is why they keep recycling, looting ,

Common Sense tells me that Goodluck has seen Yaradua and is very much aware of the situation of things but he just decline any comment regarding that. Could anybody quote any statement from either Goodluck or any of his aides that suggest that he hasn't seen Yaradua?
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Olucheye(m): 9:27am On Apr 09, 2010
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Bukittes(f): 10:59am On Apr 09, 2010
These clerics are wise and wise, I must say. Sometimes I wonder how we NL think and comment on issues here. I am solidly convinced from this last episode of Yaddy's drama that the guy is actually very sick and there's nothing anybody can do about it hence the clarion call to clerics. It must be noted that our clerics are in our midst to bring peace and not disharmony in a country, which is what they are playing at. Disclosure of the state of Mr President will not just bring chaos but it will be against their calling. They have seen the only person they are liable to in Nigeria presently which is Mr Acting President. Why don't we just believe their discretion not to divulge and move on with this country? I do not fault them at all. They are wise men and indeed they have proved their wisdom. We are blessed to have them around us. God bless them.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Cluded(m): 11:08am On Apr 09, 2010
I tot he said it wz pvt
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by DOAweb(m): 11:26am On Apr 09, 2010
grin embarassed cry

Nigeria is a country[size=16pt] riddle with ridicule!! [/size] embarassed embarassed  cry
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by greateliso(m): 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2010
with all our G8t men of God, if we join 2gether 2 pray for the ailing Sir. P, i believe he will get better
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by sley4life(m): 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2010
I hope they really visited Yar' adua?
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by adigee: 7:48pm On Apr 09, 2010
why the christian leaders rubbish their self infront of all this politians
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Fhemmmy: 8:01pm On Apr 09, 2010
adigee:

why the christian leaders rubbish their self infront of all this politians

How have they done that?
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Fant(m): 11:22am On Apr 10, 2010
Why do we spend time and money discussing unprofitable things? How long will we crucify christ on the cross of calvary? When will some of us begin to reason like responsible fellows? Why do we always make out issues out of nothing? If you think that if you dont know the state of health of the president then you will die, i advise you go to aso rock or send your father there. For wisdom's sake, when did we appoint these clerics as ministers of information or special advisers to Nigerians on public and governmental affairs? Why is it that everyone seems to mount heavy critisism on Bishop David O. Oyedepo? Perhaps because they see him as the most successful of all the other clerics or what? Some fellows will never prosper because they never want to see others do same. I'm very sorry for this statement but the truth is: All of you who are critisising the clerics and Bishop Oyedepo in particular, i have this for you, IF YOUR FATHER WAS NOT A FAILURE IN LIFE, PERHAPS HE WOULD HAVE HAD THE SAME OPPORTUNITY AS THESE CLERICS TO VISIT THE PRESIDENTIAL VILLA SO THAT WE CAN SEE HOW HE BEHAVES HIMSELF ON PUBLIC MATTERS.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by deb(m): 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2010
I thought Oyedepo said his visit to Y'adua was private, why meeting with Goodluck on the matter, where is your[b] INTEGRITY[/b] ?

What a gutter way of reason from an hypocrit? If you hate the man like most people like you do just say it and stop mentioning "integrity" here as though
he (Oyedepo) owes you any explanation in the first place.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 10, 2010
@deb

What a gutter way of reason from an hypocrit?

grin grin grin ; I don't want to call you names but I think I can justify my statement based on the facts on ground.

If you hate the man like most people like you do just say it and stop mentioning "integrity" here as though
he (Oyedepo) owes you any explanation in the first place

(1) He initially told reporters at OGD's birthday that his visit to see Yar'adua was PERSONAL. (Explanation No. 1)

(2) Few days later, he (including other Clerics) were briefing Goodluck on the same issue and he quickly forgot the PERSONAL thing he talked about. (Explanation No. 2)

To be honest here, we ain't sincere with ourselves in this country. You don't believe every word that comes out of some pastor(s) tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin

You see, I pity people like you. I could sense you are his follower and that brings to the mind the imminent dangers before you since you refused to follow JESUS but rather chose to follow your PASTOR. cry cry cry Seek the LIGHT (JESUS) and not your pastor.

Dep, Jesus will save you from bondage someday and will open up your eyes. AMEN and AMEN
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by medolala: 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2010
It is obvious that a lot of we Nigerians have our mind arrested by RELIGION!! to thinks some people will actually be able to see yaradua and come out mum!! Are they all MAD!!

This is a matter of National concern and every one is keeping quiet over yaraduas health and even our so called Muslim & Christian leaders!

Where they bribed, drugged or just high on cheap drugs?!!

And to make matters worse, you all are yapping away and say incoherent things (like say una no no wetin the discussion dey all about), while you should all hit the nail on the head, (hisssssssss). you all make me sick!

If it were a-nobody or an Obasanjo (even a wole soyinka) that went in to see yaradua and comes out without divulging all the details, it still this same u people (us)- bunch of hypocrites & sycophants- that will shout blue murder and crucify them!!

shame on you all. Just because they are called religious leaders don't make them invincible. they ain't GOd & they don't deserve to be left clean like -" its not thier fault". so its whose fault.?

Why can't they talk? the Onus is on everyone of them to tell us what transpired in there. it is our right to know & not any clerics right to withhold such information.

People of true colours like Fela, Pastor Bakare, Gani and a host of them won't compromise. they know what is at stake!

But people like you all ( shame on you) YOU'D RATHER STAND BY AND LET YOUR COUNTRY ROT RATHER THAN SPEAK AGAINST ONE HOLY MALLAM/PASTOR.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Gtitan: 5:06pm On Apr 15, 2010
Fant:

Why do we spend time and money discussing unprofitable things? How long will we crucify christ on the cross of calvary? When will some of us begin to reason like responsible fellows? Why do we always make out issues out of nothing? If you think that if you dont know the state of health of the president then you will die, i advise you go to aso rock or send your father there. For wisdom's sake, when did we appoint these clerics as ministers of information or special advisers to Nigerians on public and governmental affairs?

The minute they agreed to visit the ailing Nigerian President, they accepted that responsibility which you try to remove them from.  As clerics, religious leaders or men of God (for my christian brothers) they are tasked with the virtue of integrity as well as honesty.  Look around my friend, and tell me wether or not  their silence on the true state of health of the Nigerian President has brought any form of stability to the Nigerian people?  In the eyes of the world Nigeria has become a big joke, a country that attempts stand with an acting head, an indication that the head itself is not stable or permanent, a sign of weakness, And then you tell yourself that people are crucifying Christ.  I really don't understand your point.  The Christ in the bible who no trade the opportunity to speak the word  for silence that he felt may bring peace or false stability.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by REALTRUTH1: 5:14pm On Apr 15, 2010
@Deb abd Fant,,, Both you guys seriuosly need help,,,My prayers for you both is that you would know the TRUTH someday and the truth shall set you FREE from the bondage of Men of God,,,,If Oyedepo said it was personal visitation,,,which I personally would respect,,,why in the world should he go to Jonathan to divulge his findings,,,and days after Oyedepo went to Jonathan,,,,Jonathan made it clear that the reports of the so called cleric should not be taken seriuosly,,,can you ever imagine that??
Moreso,,Do you know before any of those Clerics were invited,,,Pastor Tunde Bakare had been invited to see Yaradua but he turnde it down,,,That is a man that has integrity,,,I have been saying this for years now,,,There just three(3) Pastors in Nigeria,,,,,Pastor Tunde Bakare,,Kumuyi and others(Oyedepo and co)
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by medolala: 5:20pm On Apr 15, 2010
Fant:

All of you who are critisising the clerics and Bishop Oyedepo in particular, i have this for you, IF YOUR FATHER WAS NOT A FAILURE IN LIFE, PERHAPS HE WOULD HAVE HAD THE SAME OPPORTUNITY AS THESE CLERICS TO VISIT THE PRESIDENTIAL VILLA SO THAT WE CAN SEE HOW HE BEHAVES HIMSELF ON PUBLIC MATTERS.

Chei!! your FATHER 100 times!!

Except your father is one of those clerics, then it goes to show you are truely a fanatic & a good extremist for that matter!

how can you make such a ridiculous statement!! is my/our father(s) your mate? ehn? tell me?

I am sorry to say this but : i think YOUR FATHER IS A FAILURE and he disowned you, while Oyedepo adopted you abi?

Idiot! public matters indeed! till dem sell you sell your soul join. (hissssss)
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Gtitan: 5:25pm On Apr 15, 2010
medolala:

Chei!! your FATHER 100 times!!

Except your father is one of those clerics, then it goes to show you are truely a fanatic & a good extremist for that matter!

how can you make such a ridiculous statement!! is my/our father(s) your mate? ehn? tell me?

I am sorry to say this but : i think YOUR FATHER IS A FAILURE and he disowned you, while Oyedepo adopted you abi?

Idiot! public matters indeed! till dem sell you sell your soul join. (hissssss)

Hahahahha. RLMAO!!!!!!!!
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Apr 15, 2010
Na wa oh. . . . u guys dont need all the name calling.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? / The True Colour Of Ebonyi State: The Salt Of The Nation / I Will Reveal A Dirty Secret Election Strategy Of APC (PDP Take Note)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.