Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,716 members, 7,962,316 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 08:40 AM

How 8 Plantains And 6 Eggs Almost Led To The Death Of This Beautiful Nigerian La - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How 8 Plantains And 6 Eggs Almost Led To The Death Of This Beautiful Nigerian La (1802 Views)

The plantains I bought #1000 and how I prepared it. / The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 / My Dodo (fried Plantains) Gallery. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How 8 Plantains And 6 Eggs Almost Led To The Death Of This Beautiful Nigerian La by Nnazzy52(m): 8:06am On Jan 28, 2018
A Nigerian lady, who uses the Twitter handle, @Stephanieodili has taken the platform to identify herself as a foodie and narrated how she almost died due to too much food.

She further disclosed that the incident led her into believing that someone else lives in her.

See her tweet below:-

All my friends know me as a foodie. In fact, i can do anything for food. I just don’t eat a lot, i eat in extra large portions. But today, I am convinced that someone else lives inside of me. What happened this morning almost killed me. I almost died. A thread.

So my mum had been complaining that no one was eating the plantain she bought as well as eggs and she wont buy again. So i decided to bone face this morning and fry some plantain and egg. I even thought of @ogeogwe and @Mz_Tomiiee then i remembered the latter was fasting.

Finally i fried 8 plantains and 6 eggs so that both of us can have enough to eat. I was happy with myself. I even added two galas and malt to my meal. Only for me to get to work and realise that @ogeogwe wasnt coming in today. Here i was with a cooler filled with plantain and egg.

I am like, abeggi its not that big. So i started eating this food all by myself hoping that at some point common sense and fear of God will stop me. But not Chizoba Odili. I continued eating and eating. Until something stopped me. It was neither common sense nor the fear of God.

I saw that my hands were slow and my eyes didnt seem to see the cooler again. In essence, i was losing consciousness. Fainting was catching me and my hands and legs and mouth had become numb. My stomach looked like Beyonce’s in her 3rd trimester. I was falling off the chair.

I just calmly told God that of all the ways to die it cannot be like this. For food! In the office! On top 8 plantains and 6 eggs!! I prayed softly until the Holy Spirit adjusted me on the chair and i was beginning to place my focus where it needed to be.

Then the devil struck again and said ‘There is no need to remain like these pieces of plantain, kuku finish it with the egg’ I listened and started eating again, Then one man entered and asked me if i was okay because the orange top i wore had started blending with my face.

I smiled my last smile and just rested my head on the table.

Its been an hour now and I have come back to life. This morning was a typical example of ‘na enjoyment kill am’. Please pleae and please dont come near me with dodo and egg again. EVER! The other person that lives in my stomach that finished all that food, i have no words for you

All this seems very funny hours after but i kid you not. I felt myself passing away. I couldn’t breathe or move my body.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How 8 Plantains And 6 Eggs Almost Led To The Death Of This Beautiful Nigerian La by HeyCorleone(m): 8:13am On Jan 28, 2018
Rubbish.
The stupid things people bring to social media these days.
Re: How 8 Plantains And 6 Eggs Almost Led To The Death Of This Beautiful Nigerian La by Blakjewelry(m): 8:21am On Jan 28, 2018
soon people will come tell us how died and resurrected
Re: How 8 Plantains And 6 Eggs Almost Led To The Death Of This Beautiful Nigerian La by mukhcech(m): 8:25am On Jan 28, 2018
Nonsense, no be only 8 plantain 6 eggs.

2 Likes

Re: How 8 Plantains And 6 Eggs Almost Led To The Death Of This Beautiful Nigerian La by Nutase: 8:27am On Jan 28, 2018
grin
Re: How 8 Plantains And 6 Eggs Almost Led To The Death Of This Beautiful Nigerian La by BlackDBagba: 9:16am On Jan 28, 2018
I could do with some of that!
Re: How 8 Plantains And 6 Eggs Almost Led To The Death Of This Beautiful Nigerian La by haywire07(m): 9:47am On Jan 28, 2018
Too much sauce to name it a comedy or a melodrama
Re: How 8 Plantains And 6 Eggs Almost Led To The Death Of This Beautiful Nigerian La by blues343(m): 10:42am On Jan 28, 2018
Na Wa 2 U oooo...[color=#000099]
Re: How 8 Plantains And 6 Eggs Almost Led To The Death Of This Beautiful Nigerian La by Dominion375: 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2021
Mbok take dis bag of rice and beans go keep for me.

(1) (Reply)

Side Effects And Benefits Of Drinking Garri You Don't Know / Nairalander Visits Ntachi Osa Restaurant In Enugu / How I Used My Home-Made Cassava Flour To Make Paw-Paw Pie, Buns And Chin Chin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.