Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,879 members, 7,935,757 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 03:12 PM

### - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / ### (649 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

### by JARUSHUB: 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2018
####

Re: ### by MDsambo: 4:37pm On Feb 19, 2018
You don start ba
Re: ### by Aspiregreat: 4:56pm On Feb 19, 2018
You were making sense in the beginning of your write up before writing gibberish and confusing me in the end. How on earth do you expect Hollywood to solve our society problems like poverty?
Re: ### by Damoxy(m): 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
you mean Black Fanta?
Re: ### by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 19, 2018
I thought ur write-up is going to make sense but u messed everything up at the end...

ur problem is IT that no African movie industry have us something like black panther OR that we should focus more on our societal problems..

I don't just understand

1 Like

Re: ### by labanj1(m): 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
JARUSHUB:

However, very few people have understood that the fact that we need to look to Marvel Comics and Hollywood to produce a positive portrayal of African society being technologically advanced is actually a huge part of what is wrong with Africa.

Nollywood, the continent’s biggest film industry from Nigeria could not conceive and successfully deliver it, neither did any other African filmmaking outlet.
All these just for a science fiction movie. If you know what science fiction means you won't type all these stories.
Name other film industries that produced really good science fiction movies aside Hollywood.

1 Like

Re: ### by Greatzeus(m): 5:50pm On Feb 19, 2018
A white man wrote a fictional story about a fictional country.
A white man directed the fictional movie
White men( who will be richer by this great investment) produced the movie
A white movie company and distributor will sell it to the world.
Yet some black folks are still hyped about it.
Don't get me wrong,I love movies, mostly Hollywood, especially Action movies. I will definitely watch this movie, because I expect it to be interesting,the same way I have watched other thousands of movies.
But to now make it look like Black Panther is some kind of favour or Goodwill or a way of painting Africa in good light is what I disagreed with.
The writer,producers, movie company, distributor etc are all white and give no shit about Africa, black panther is just another movie, another business, another money raking adventure,period.
Thanks to all blacks around the world,you have made their efforts worthwhile.
" We have read the history,but who is the author?"..Nas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ### by JARUSHUB: 6:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
[##

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ### by Miggs(m): 6:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
Greatzeus:
A white man wrote a fictional story about a fictional country.
A white man directed the fictional movie
White men( who will be richer by this great investment) produced the movie
A white movie company and distributor will sell it to the world.
Yet some black folks are still hyped about it.
Don't get me wrong,I love movies, mostly Hollywood, especially Action movies. I will definitely watch this movie, because I expect it to be interesting,the same way I have watched other thousands of movies.
But to now make it look like Black Panther is some kind of favour or Goodwill or a way of painting Africa in good light is what I disagreed with.
The writer,producers, movie company, distributor etc are all white and give no shit about Africa, black panther is just another movie, another business, another money raking adventure,period.
Thanks to all blacks around the world,you have made their efforts worthwhile.
" We have read the history,but who is the author?"..Nas
Spot on!!!
Ryan Coogler,the director of "Black Panther", is a white man

2 Likes

Re: ### by Miggs(m): 6:25pm On Feb 19, 2018
JARUSHUB:

Tell those who believe by producing Black Panther, our societal problems will be solved. Who believe that hyping a movie about fictional place, there will be constant electricity in our homes; sewage will be cleared promptly; our universities will be highly ranked; pipe-borne water to homes and not bore-holes; we will have reliable and trustworthy security forces and lots. A Black Panther does not solve our problems neither will it provide self-esteem to the lad/lass who does not have access to clean water. Chinese, S.Koreans, Japanese, Singaporeans etc. did not develop self-esteem by watching an Asian Panther or believe development can achieved by a movie.

Abeggiii!!!
You are trying to sound intelligent but you aren't.Does any asian,western or middle eastern country have the technology depicted in the black panther movie?Admit it,if you had seen whites or asians in this movie,you wouldnt have said anything.You have an inferiority complex.Fix it.Your rant is worthless by the way.The movie is a resounding success.
GO AND SLEEP

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Favourite Brad Pitt Movie? / #bbnaija2018: Career Path For Ceecee / Original Torrent9 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.