Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,977 members, 7,960,097 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 12:57 PM

How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day (1921 Views)

Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? / How To Make A Girl Spend On You..(principles) / How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by Ronke2811(f): 2:12pm On Mar 09, 2007
Hi, nairalanders, how much do someone need to spend on wedding.
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by kkutecolo(f): 2:14pm On Mar 09, 2007
depends on d kind of wedding. are u planning one?
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by Ronke2811(f): 2:26pm On Mar 09, 2007
kkutecolo:

depends on d kind of wedding. are u planning one?

[/quote

thanks kkutecolo, i am planning one, i was looking at engagement,church wedding and a reception thereafter.
any suggestion
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by MyPeace(f): 4:14pm On Mar 09, 2007
Sweetie, it depends on you. I am equally on it now. One thing i found out is that you can never figure out how much u will spend, but you can give a range. However, mind you, you arent doing it to please anybody. You have to cut your coat according to your cloth (not size).

You will really cut cost, if u do the engagement and the wedn the same day, thats if its possible. But where its not possible like in my case, its indeed additional cost and separate cost on its own. For the two budget about 400k - 500k to have a moderate ceremony. Mind you, for some pple 500k will only for the wedn gown!! So u have to plan according to ur pocket so dat u dont drink gari afterwards. You can actually have a wedn with 100 - 200k, it all depends on what u want.

Good Luck!!
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by Ronke2811(f): 4:56pm On Mar 09, 2007
MyPeace:

Sweetie, it depends on you. I am equally on it now. One thing i found out is that you can never figure out how much u will spend, but you can give a range. However, mind you, you arent doing it to please anybody. You have to cut your coat according to your cloth (not size).

You will really cut cost, if u do the engagement and the wedn the same day, thats if its possible. But where its not possible like in my case, its indeed additional cost and separate cost on its own. For the two budget about 400k - 500k to have a moderate ceremony. Mind you, for some people 500k will only for the wedn gown!! So u have to plan according to your pocket so that u don't drink gari afterwards. You can actually have a wedn with 100 - 200k, it all depends on what u want.

Good Luck!!

thanks girlie, please do u have any wedding list for a runcheck, i mean all it entails for a wedding.
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by MyPeace(f): 8:53am On Mar 13, 2007
in my church you will first do a registry of ur marriage with the customary court and get the certificate to the church ( dont know about urs)
the invitation card
your wedding cloth
your shoe and other accessories
the brides maid and the bridal train wears
his suit
the reception hall
Gift item to the guest who will present gift to you
the chairs/table and the couples seat
decoration of the venue
cake
photographer/video man

entertainment
Wine, soft drinks, and water
food - depending on the varieties u want
meat and other condiments
employe a caterer
rent cooking pots and others
buy fire wood
rent plates and spoons for serving - unless u want take away, so u buy foil and plastic spoons

the traditional marriage.
getting the items on the list give to you from ur village
buying your traditional marriage cloths and accessories
then entertainment

Wow! this is all i can remeber now, i may have missed some, but i think these are the necessary items.

I wish you all the best dear!! Its not easy ooo, but God dey shaa, you will get there
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by whiteNkem(f): 9:07am On Mar 13, 2007
First of all decide upon what kind of wedding you want. A big one (300 guests) or close friends and family? Then, when you have a general idea of what you are looking for, check with a wedding planner agency. They will give you the approximate costs as they are professionals and from all that you substract their comission.

I couldn't give you a relevant sum cuz I'm planning 2 ceremonies as my fiance and I are not from the same countries.
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by whiteNkem(f): 9:09am On Mar 13, 2007
Ronke 2811:

thanks girlie, please do u have any wedding list for a runcheck, i mean all it entails for a wedding.

There is quite a long list so you'd need about a week (at least) to put it together because you always remember other details that you have to be taken care of.
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by MyPeace(f): 10:01am On Mar 13, 2007
@White nke

Nigerians dont normally do a close friend or family wedding. Its always approximately 200 - 300 persons. And its very few of us that engage Wedding Planning Agency or whatever u called them.

U are not in Nigeria (and may not be a nigerian) so I understand Ronke better, I am in Lagos and shes in Lagos too, i think we shall be thinking alike.

However, thanks for your contribution in this forum.
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by whiteNkem(f): 11:57am On Mar 13, 2007
MyPeace:

@White nke

Nigerians don't normally do a close friend or family wedding. Its always approximately 200 - 300 persons. And its very few of us that engage Wedding Planning Agency or whatever u called them.

U are not in Nigeria (and may not be a nigerian) so I understand Ronke better, I am in Lagos and shes in Lagos too, i think we shall be thinking alike.

However, thanks for your contribution in this forum.

That's not only for nigerians, but everywhere. Yet, if you don't have money, but still wish to marry, you'll resume urself to a smaller wedding. I didn't say 50 people, but maybe 200 instead of 300. It's each couple's choice.

Then again, please read more carefully before replying. I did not say she should hire an agency, but just ask them for an evaluation and an offer so she'd get an idea (with a lot less effort, as someone else is doing the job for her) about how much she needs to spend, but then do all the arrangements by herself.

And so what if she lives in Lagos? Can't she get more than one opinion so she'd have more choices? Don't tell me you'll do/you did your wedding in a specific way (and I am not talking about tradition/rituals here!!) just cuz everybody does it!
Please, you have to get rid of this 'heard spirit'! For God's sake, that's why you've been given reason, to judge for yourself, not do as your neighbor.
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by diyobdw(f): 6:29pm On Mar 13, 2007
my got to wishes either to have a carnival wedding cheesy or just 20 people grin.
But for really i hate to spend millons on getting married angry
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by whiteNkem(f): 8:45pm On Mar 13, 2007
diyobdw:

my got to wishes either to have a carnival wedding cheesy or just 20 people grin.
But for really i hate to spend millons on getting married angry

Right. It's better to use that money on your honeymoon if you really want to be spoiled.
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by ima1(f): 9:05pm On Mar 13, 2007
i don't really know how much im gonna spend but it is gonna be huge. and definately in naija
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by saucekid(m): 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2007
10 million nigerian smakaroos and i aint lying about that one
cos i want it to be grand and ppl should be filled
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by floxyrangy: 1:05pm On Nov 12, 2007
hope I will be invited, saucekid.
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by saucekid(m): 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2007
definitely you will
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by tkb417(m): 2:02pm On Nov 12, 2007
i quite agree with saucekid
between 5-10m will be appropriate

neways, if u aint gat dough, 1-2m should do a fairly ok wedding
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by kingzy(m): 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2007
If u r doing it in PH and want it colourful plz buget like 5m. And if u want some effizy whose effect will last long then u have to be in touch
Re: How Much Can You Spend On Your Wedding Day by CrazyMan(m): 9:18am On Nov 13, 2007
Like other people have said, it depends on the kind of wedding you want.

(1) (Reply)

sexxy / Cannot Forget My Ex / Which Two Would You Pick? Love, Health Or Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.