Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,393 members, 7,950,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 12:33 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (1178 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Disables Comment Section Of IG Account After Onnoghen's Suspension / Bolanle Ambode Gives Couple With Quintuplets N500,000 Monthly Allowance / "Buhari Will Win 2019 Elections" - Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Thebest12(m): 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2018
Re: . by mgdimagaladima(m): 1:07pm On Apr 09, 2018
propaganda

na so Buhari talk ahm that time say he will provide job opportunity, pay salary to every unemployed Nigerian ..now na him be president and We no see anything

abeg make we hear word jooooor

3 Likes

Re: . by Bellarod05: 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2018
Go to hell with your promises,who go ote for you.

1 Like

Re: . by dumodust(m): 9:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
i like his guts though despite his funny antecedents... he will not win but he is creating an awareness that younger people can challenge the status quo

6 Likes

Re: . by Sheuns(m): 9:35pm On Apr 09, 2018
Mr. man don't come and give us lamba here. You will not find it easy doing what you're saying. We are tired of all these yeye promises.

If you really want to do this, contest as a lawmaker and pass a bill that supports what you're saying.

2 Likes

Re: . by shallysgirl: 9:42pm On Apr 09, 2018
What kind of madness is this

1 Like

Re: . by SalamRushdie: 9:56pm On Apr 09, 2018
Another empty headed aspirant..when ever you here anybody make such promises avoid them immediately

4 Likes

Re: . by Lipscomb(m): 9:58pm On Apr 09, 2018
Okay me too if be come your president I will buy plane for you all.

2 Likes

Re: . by dunkem21(m): 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2018
Avoid people that make such promises..

He should start from councillorship.

2 Likes

Re: . by dunkem21(m): 10:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
Lipscomb:
Okay me too if be come your president I will buy plane for you all.

He thought we are in primary one.
Re: . by omohayek: 10:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
If this is true - and I don't consider random Instagram posts to be reliable sources of news - then it only indicates that Sowore has nothing more than "youth" going for his campaign, with no real thought given to formulating reasonable and achievable policy objectives, just more spur-of-the-moment propagandizing in the exact same manner as the Buhari he's trying to remove from Aso Rock.

What I don't understand at all about Sowore is how he can have lived for so long in a place like America, with its highly sophisticated politics full of policy wonks, think-tanks and foundations pushing out white papers, famous economists dissecting political proposals, etc, and yet his campaign has so far failed to show any of that sort of sophistication, just more of the same old intellectually vacuous nonsense that Nigerian politicians have always favored, with the only new twist being Sowore's lack of affiliation to any of the old godfathers. Didn't he ever bother to watch CNN, C-SPAN or the Daily Show? Didn't he ever take out a subscription to the New York Times, the Washington Post or The Economist? How can someone living in a land of limitless bandwidth display so little exposure to serious political thinking?

Without proof that wisdom accompanies Sowore's "youth", we might as well replace the decrepit and clueless Buhari with the "youthful" but even more useless Yahaya Bello, who at least has a track record, terrible as it is. Simply being "young" (at 47!) is just not enough.

I certainly believe that what Sowore is doing is valuable, for showing the Nigerian masses that they have more options than just the same old geriatric thieves, but Sowore's failure to show that he's thought seriously about Nigeria's problems and how to fix them - or even that he's bringing onto his team such serious thinkers - tells me that it would be a grave mistake to treat him as anything more than a protest candidate against the status quo. Hopefully his campaign will open the way for other "youthful" but more intellectually heavyweight candidates to eventually make it to Aso Rock.

3 Likes

Re: . by Ovamboland(m): 10:43pm On Apr 09, 2018
There are estimate 12 million physically challenged people in Nigeria.

Sowore wants to pay them
50,000 x 12 x 12,000,000 = 7,200,000,000,000 a year.

That's 7.2 trillion naira annually by 2019/2020.
Meanwhile our 2018 budget is 7 8 trillion, another youth who has refused to grow up, still telling tales at 47.

2 Likes

Re: . by mikolo80: 10:48pm On Apr 09, 2018
omohayek:
If this is true - and I don't consider random Instagram posts to be reliable sources of news - then it only indicates that Sowore has nothing more than "youth" going for his campaign, with no real thought given to formulating reasonable and achievable policy objectives, just more spur-of-the-moment propagandizing in the exact same manner as the Buhari he's trying to remove from Aso Rock.

What I don't understand at all about Sowore is how he can have lived for so long in a place like America, with its highly sophisticated politics full of policy wonks, think-tanks and foundations pushing out white papers, famous economists dissecting political proposals, etc, and yet his campaign has so far failed to show any of that sort of sophistication, just more of the same old intellectually vacuous nonsense that Nigerian politicians have always favored, with the only new twist being Sowore's lack of affiliation to any of the old godfathers. Didn't he ever bother to watch CNN, C-SPAN or the Daily Show? Didn't he ever take out a subscription to the New York Times, the Washington Post or The Economist? How can someone living in a land of limitless bandwidth display so little exposure to serious political thinking?

Without proof that wisdom accompanies Sowore's "youth", we might as well replace the decrepit and clueless Buhari with the "youthful" but even more useless Yahaya Bello, who at least has a track record, terrible as it is. Simply being "young" (at 47!) is just not enough.

I certainly believe that what Sowore is doing is valuable, for showing the Nigerian masses that they have more options than just the same old geriatric thieves, but Sowore's failure to show that he's thought seriously about Nigeria's problems and how to fix them - or even that he's bringing onto his team such serious thinkers - tells me that it would be a grave mistake to treat him as anything more than a protest candidate against the status quo. Hopefully his campaign will open the way for other "youthful" but more intellectually heavyweight candidates to eventually make it to Aso Rock.
like you stated he just here to show there is a third option
Re: . by mikolo80: 10:49pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ovamboland:
There are estimate 12 million physically challenged people in Nigeria.

Sowore wants to pay them
50,000 x 12 x 12,000,000 = 7,200,000,000,000 a year.

That's 7.2 trillion naira annually by 2019/2020.
Meanwhile our 2018 budget is 7 8 trillion, another youth who has refused to grow up, still telling tales at 47.
12 million ahnahnnn
na every tenth person crippleeee?
lie small small na

2 Likes

Re: . by Ovamboland(m): 11:24pm On Apr 09, 2018
mikolo80:
12 million ahnahnnn
na every tenth person crippleeee?
lie small small na

[url]Over 25m Nigerians are Disabled - THISDAYLIVE
https://www.thisdaylive.com › o...
[/url]

You sure prefer fake news. That number is estimated for significant disability
Re: . by mikolo80: 11:30pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ovamboland:

[url]Over 25m Nigerians are Disabled - THISDAYLIVE
https://www.thisdaylive.com › o...
[/url]

You sure prefer fake news. That number is estimated for significant disability
bhet you go school na
25 over 180 is more than 10%
was every tenth person in your school or street or market a blind deaf or poli victim
you sef de take gwament statistics serious
na wa for you

1 Like

Re: . by Lipscomb(m): 3:55am On Apr 10, 2018
wink.I'm glad to see you're not letting your education get in the way of your ignorance.
mikolo80:
bhet you go school na
25 over 180 is more than 10%
was every tenth person in your school or street or market a blind deaf or poli victim
you sef de take gwament statistics serious
na wa for you

1 Like

Re: . by mikolo80: 4:51pm On Apr 10, 2018
Lipscomb:
wink.I'm glad to see you're not letting your education get in the way of your ignorance.
sooooo....you've got nothing
i see
well i guess we need sheep to feed the wolves
Re: . by Ovamboland(m): 12:20am On Apr 13, 2018
Lipscomb:

Chai! grin grin
Re: . by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 13, 2018
Talk is cheap my brother. Zuzuari said better things

Check my signature

(1) (Reply)

Why El-zakzaky Is Still In Protective Custody – Lai Mohammed / How Buhari Will Win 2019 Election – IPOB / Buhari Is A Rejected President – Governor Fayose Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.