Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,969 members, 7,936,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 01:22 AM

Governor Namadi Sambo Is New Vice President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Namadi Sambo Is New Vice President (700 Views)

Namadi Sambo Hospitalized In US For Knee Surgery - Photo / Nigerians Blast Vice President Namadi Sambo On Twitter & Facebook [SCREENSHOTS] / Namadi Sambo Is An Igbo Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Namadi Sambo Is New Vice President by Chuks84(m): 9:09am On May 13, 2010
Governor Namadi Sambo of kaduna is now  Vice President. Honestly i'm shocked, why pick a serving governor? I'd like to hear your thoughts. Below is the extract from Thisday.

After much horse-trading, President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday yielded to the wish of governors and picked one of them, Governor Namadi Sambo of Kaduna State as Vice-President-designate.
His decision followed a meeting with the governors last night where they also agreed to withdraw their support for the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Prince Vincent Ogbulafor who is undergoing trial for corruption.
THISDAY learnt that the party chairman may resign today.

The governors held a crucial meeting after which they visited Jonathan at the Presidential Villa in Abuja to present a candidate.
It was during the meeting that the President informed them that he was picking one of them for nomination to the National Assembly as Vice-President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
They went into another meeting when they left the Villa. The details of that gathering was not clear. However, some of them went back to thank Jonathan for picking Sambo.
Re: Governor Namadi Sambo Is New Vice President by bilymuse: 9:17am On May 13, 2010
My brother dont be shock, when Yaradua and Jonathan were picked, some people too were shocked.
This is Nigeria , always expect the unexpected
Re: Governor Namadi Sambo Is New Vice President by samir101ng(m): 10:11am On May 13, 2010
Arc. Namadi Sambo - Vice President

Wow. I honestly dont know what to say. Arc. Namadi Sambo is those kind of Governors that are just "there". They neither act good nor bad therefore you dont know which way they are thinking. Even in kaduna here people are shocked as they never even gave a thought to him becoming VP. Honestly, am not that shocked. Arc. Namadi Sambo is like lukewarm water neither hot nor cold therefore you dont react to it. His achievements inKaduna are mediocre. He has not done anything special which is why i think Goodluck Jonathan picked him as he would be more loyal and he doesnt have presidential ambitions and a power base in the north. Arc. Namadi Sambo was "installed" by former governor and now senator Ahmed Makarfi. Am telling you everybody is shocked in Kaduna talkless of places like lagos, port-hacourt, benin etc. Jonathan must pick somebody from the north. It was obvious, however, he would not choose somebody that would jeorpadise his own ambitions.
Re: Governor Namadi Sambo Is New Vice President by otokx(m): 10:36am On May 13, 2010
I am not shocked, most if not ALL of the state governors are mediocres and media propangidists. What did Yar Adua do in Katsina as a governor? The choice of his VP however gives us an idea of his presidential ambition come 2011.
Re: Governor Namadi Sambo Is New Vice President by Kx: 10:44am On May 13, 2010
In so far as he did not pick the much talked about yaradua's brother,,its ok.
But then,lets gradually begin to lower our level of expectaion from this Jonathan man.
The signs are not clear.
Re: Governor Namadi Sambo Is New Vice President by ayo84(m): 10:47am On May 13, 2010
Congrats to Governor Namadi Sambo

lets just wait and see, what he has to offer, im beginning to like jonathan;s style

(1) (Reply)

Nl Politics Section Moderation : Why I Miss Kosovo / Babalola - Nnpc Is Insolvent / Jonathan’s Constructive Engagement Makes Us Look Homeward, Say Nigerians Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.