Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,051 members, 7,936,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:31 AM

Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" (38665 Views)

Iwobi: I Can 'no Longer Make Excuses' - Nigeria Star On His Peak Period At Evert / MPNAIJA GIST: "Iwobi" I Almost Cried Scoring Against Zambia / Iwobi: I Almost Cried Scoring Against Zambia. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 14, 2018
Kingsley10000:
where is uncle005?
grin grin
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by lozanni(m): 10:45am On Apr 14, 2018
midolian:
Okocha, the most patriotic Nigerian footballer ever!

Decades of intercontinental football didnt change his accent.

Here is one small boy who has not spent up to a decade playing real football outside Nigeria claiming he doesnt know the Nigerian anthem well.

Errn..even if you cant recite it well, must you say it?

The guy left Nigeria before he was 8 years, he joined the Arsenal Academy at that age.
Some of our politicians don't know the wording of our national pledge,I remember some Ambassadors being screened by the National Assembly sometime ago, not to talk about the National Anthem.
The above vexing issue is more widespread than we think.

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Bahddo(m): 10:46am On Apr 14, 2018
I don't sing it either (by choice), although I know the words. Nigeria is not what I used to think it is. We aren't equal, and our constitution favors the North. Why would I serve a country that makes the north feel entitled to power and allows them stroll to the south and kill citizens without any punishment?

Until Nigeria truly belongs to all of us, I'm not singing any anthem. I don't do well with pretense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by dlaw70(m): 10:49am On Apr 14, 2018
midolian:

Here is one small boy who has not spent up to a decade playing real football outside Nigeria claiming he doesnt know the Nigerian anthem well.

only say things u know,okocha was born and brought up here in Nigeria and only went to play outside for few years.iwobi was born and brought up in England,he also spent half of his life in arsenal academic and has never spent Two years in Nigeria b4.be guided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by ijayebonyi(f): 10:53am On Apr 14, 2018
I won't blame you for that
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Elwizzy94(m): 10:55am On Apr 14, 2018
U are even bold saying it
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by ruffDiamond: 10:56am On Apr 14, 2018
Who the useless anthem epp undecided even me I don't remember the fuq about the poo anymore sad

Useless jungle

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Bigsteveg(m): 10:57am On Apr 14, 2018
midolian:

Okocha grew up here. Iwobi grew up in th UK. Must he now sacrifice the accent in which he was brought up just because he is playing for your country? He's not base in Nigeria. Or an Hausa man living in Lagos should do away with his accent because he earns his living in Lagos?
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by daannyy(m): 10:57am On Apr 14, 2018
aciecliff:
Kick him out... Rubbish
Wetin concern you for the guy matter,how this matter take affect you..Hian..Why are u so pained

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by fwallex4truth: 11:04am On Apr 14, 2018
fredd2:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/sunnewsonline.com/iwobi-i-cant-sing-nigerian-national-anthem/amp/

Mahn! You don't need it atal. If u know it then ur career must surely suffer, just the way we Nigerians that know it is suffering now.

Note: Stay away from Nigeria Anthem and Nigeria ways.
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by kmaster007: 11:20am On Apr 14, 2018
the simplest national anthem in d world's. even Beyonce can sing it
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Strikethem: 11:22am On Apr 14, 2018
innobets:
Just play well boy..

Even buhari can't sing it too
Abi o. But this meme funny die.
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by satuma10: 11:23am On Apr 14, 2018
Well if you say you can't sing Nigeria national anthem well no problem just do the scoring at the world cup 2018 while I do the singing equation balance after all our dull presdo can not sing it well neither know the full meaning of APC likewise an average Nigerian senators ,national assembly members and ministers who takes from our Treasury not to talk of you that invest your energy playing for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Ifeanyi4491(m): 11:25am On Apr 14, 2018
godwinb23:
If u cant sing your national Antherm, how did you pass national screening before joining our national team?
pls go back to school and learn it!
who national anthem eep
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by israelmao(m): 11:29am On Apr 14, 2018
If some of our political leaders were put to test on this they would fail.All they know is how to count our money and have their own share.
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by farem: 11:31am On Apr 14, 2018
godwinb23:
If u cant sing your national Antherm, how did you pass national screening before joining our national team?

You mean the cripple should be admitted into the team because of this your all-important criterion?
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by expert234: 11:32am On Apr 14, 2018
godwinb23:

How many of your senators can sing national anthem? I have never heard you recommend any of them to go back to school
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Adasun(m): 12:21pm On Apr 14, 2018
innobets:
Just play well boy..

i da sure say na ass dat useless man da see grin grin
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Uzorgod(m): 12:31pm On Apr 14, 2018
70% of politicians can't sing it either
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by seguno2: 12:42pm On Apr 14, 2018
godwinb23:

Have you sent Buhari back to school to learn how to sing our national anthem
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by seguno2: 12:43pm On Apr 14, 2018
Uzorgod:
70% of politicians can't sing it either

Yet we give them so much money and hail them for stealing while owing salaries and pensions for several months and years?
Are we all jokers in our country
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by seguno2: 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2018
satuma10:
Well if you say you can't sing Nigeria national anthem well no problem just do the scoring at the world cup 2018 while I do the singing equation balance after all our dull presdo can not sing it well neither know the full meaning of APC likewise an average Nigerian senators ,national assembly members and ministers who takes from our Treasury not to talk of you that invest your energy playing for Nigeria

Please remind Femi Adesina who is suffering from amnesia and calling his employers, we the people of Nigeria, intellectually lazy.
The thunder that will fire his nyansh is doing push ups.
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019!
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by RillJ(m): 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2018
Personally coming for your arrest when I am done chuckling!

innobets:
Just play well boy..

Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by taurusdude0(m): 1:22pm On Apr 14, 2018
midolian:

Lets assume he says he can recite it and then he is asked to, what then undecided
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by mechanics(m): 1:22pm On Apr 14, 2018
innobets:
Just play well boy..

how do you know that? the pump attendant is carried away.
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by innobets(m): 1:26pm On Apr 14, 2018
RillJ:
Personally coming for your arrest when I am done chuckling!

grin grin grin
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by innobets(m): 1:28pm On Apr 14, 2018
mechanics:
how do you know that? the pump attendant is carried away.

I know because he is not serving Nigeria according to what the national anthem said
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Vincad: 2:32pm On Apr 14, 2018
midolian:

You want him to say that he can recite it and when asked to do so, he will now mess up.
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Oluwaiphee: 2:52pm On Apr 14, 2018
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by Nathanieloo7(m): 3:23pm On Apr 14, 2018
even our leaders cannot sing it

just play well
Re: Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" by linearity: 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2018
godwinb23:

More than half of the Nigeria National Assembly can’t sing it either and they make laws that governs the whole country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Details Of Mbappe Deal As PSG Accept Real Madrid’s Offer / Aregbesola's Tweet Mocking Arsenal Sparks Off Fans Reaction / 5 Senior Arsenal Players Who Want To Leave The Club After A Nightmare Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.