Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,985 members, 7,963,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 06:55 AM

Should Weed Be Legalize? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Weed Be Legalize? (1854 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce / DEAL: Buhari to legalize gay marriage if US helps him win, / Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by Meddler(f): 9:16pm On May 16, 2010
smile4kenn (m)

there is nothing bad about weed,,,

it is a good thing top legalize weed, but in a country like Nigeria, it shouldn't be legalize.

We still have a lot of problem to tackle and weed shouldn't be one. Weed has never laid a good example in Nigeria. So, there is no reason to talk about it

wichita, KS hmmmm, Do I know you lolol. It's not every time I come across people from Wichita, KS on forums grin
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by redsun(m): 2:25pm On May 17, 2010
Weed was made illegal in america about six decades ago because it stopped war mongers from wanting to go kill other human beings for selfish and stupid reasons,it puts u on a transcendental level where you begin to appreciate the joy and peacefulness of life and let and live.

There are different spheres of life in a life time and having just one experience as a born again is just a futile waste of futile life.Ogogoro that most of you guys pefer to weed is far more destructive and useless than weed.

If a proportional number of nigerian politicians smokes weed,they won't be stealing the country's money,they will be more reasonable,rational,intuitive,contructive and humane but rather they are all alcoholics and alchoholics are dangerous,irresponsible and walking time bombs,marked for death by chronic liver disease,depression,heart failure,kidney failure and all sorts of dillapidating diseases

Nature is wonderful,tap into it and live like a god.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 17, 2010
it stopped war mongers from wanting to go kill other human beings for selfish and silly reasons,it puts u on a transcendental level where you begin to appreciate the joy and peacefulness of life and let and live.

see propaganda and marketing.

the same weed people smoke in nigeria before going out on killing sprees?

maybe it's the foreign one you're referring to that does what you're claiming here.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by redsun(m): 2:35pm On May 17, 2010
Nobody smokes weed and want to kill,they must have had some kpeteshi and coke.Weed sobers you,it puts you in a meditative mood not warring.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by redsun(m): 2:38pm On May 17, 2010
You probably need some weed tpia to calm down a bit and see things from a different perpective.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by master2(m): 3:38pm On May 17, 2010
[b] YES. LEGALIZED IT FOR ADULT COMSUMPTOIN ONLY.[/b]
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by EzeUche(m): 3:40pm On May 17, 2010
Nothing wrong with smokin the Igbo.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by master2(m): 3:50pm On May 17, 2010
[b]^^^^ AGE CONSIDERATION: FROM 25 YEARS OLD.
AT THAT AGE THE BRAIN IS MATURE ENOUGH TO STAND THE STRESS.
[/b]
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by Jakumo(m): 3:59pm On May 17, 2010
In the West, marijuana is currently prescribed by medical doctors to thousands of patients suffering from a variety of ailments ranging from glaucoma and chronic pain to the appetite loss associated with chemotherapy treatment of cancer patients.  Many people owe their very lives to the use of marijuana, in that they would waste away and die of chemotherapy induced appetite loss, were it not for their constant use of prescribed cannabis in cigarette or tablet form.

In countries where statistics are collated, alcohol is know to claim thousands of lives annually, both as a direct result of alcohol overdoses that lead to comatose states of inebriation followed by death, and also due to traffic accidents caused by drunk drivers.   In contrast, there is not one single case of a death that has ever been attributed to a marijuana overdose, throughout the annals of recorded medical history.

This November 2010, California will join Alaska in decriminalizing the cultivation and consumption of marijuana for medical or recreational use, and the resultant taxation of weed will generate much needed income for that state's government, which is currently mired in a budget deficit of historic proportions.  Always the progressive state in the union, California's decriminalization move will soon be copied by numerous other states including New York.

While I cannot boast of any personal experience with the Wild Wood Weed, I do consider it far less destructive to society than alcohol, just as I recognize the RIGHT of medical patients to use whatever medication will bring them relief and more time alive.    

Fire it up ! !
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by tboy1(m): 4:04pm On May 17, 2010
Yes it should Legalized and controlled
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by beneli(m): 5:00pm On May 17, 2010
There is no argument about the medicinal properties of Cannabis. These are well documented in a lot of scientific literature. Jakumo has even mentioned some of them. But we cannot run away from the fact that cannabis (specifically the part of it called tetrahydracannabinol) has a negative effect on the developing brain. These are also well documented in reputable scientific literature.

Other psychoactive substances like Opiates (morphine for example) and benzodiazepines (diazepam for instance) are also routinely prescribed when they are medically indicated. There 'good effects' on the nervous system, like helping you to sleep better, reducing anxiety levels, giving the pseud-spiritual experiences that drug users crave etc, are also well documented, but that doesn't mean they should be made easily available for recreational purposes. That doesn't sound like a good idea at all, seeing that not everybody is able to engage in 'contolled use' of these chemicals. The latter is the reason why there is a lot of the 'drug-seeking' behaviour that has been commonly associated with addiction, which may include a slow but sure deterioration of social functioning, the gradual sliding into penury because of the primacy of the drug-seeking behaviour, incresaed criminality in order to fund the habit etc.

Cannabis 'overdose' maybe rare. I agree. It may also not be as 'toxic' as Morphine that people routinely overdose on. Or cocaine that can cause your cardiovascular system to 'crash'. But cannabis does cause 'psychological addiction' It is also associated with increased aggressive behaviour, due to the paranoia that it undeniably induces in some users. It can also give a sense of invincibility in some, leading to a lot of risk-taking behaviour. The criminal justice system in the UK and the Mental Health Institutions are filled with people who use cannabis. There might not be a direct causal relationship between cannabis use and crimal behaviour/mental illness but there certainly is a strong association.

So to me, legalising cannabis for recreational use does not make any sense at all.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 17, 2010
EzeUche:

Nothing wrong with smokin the Igbo.
typical omo igbo.i didnt expect less from you but anyways,your signature sucks!
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by smile4kenn(m): 9:44pm On May 17, 2010
Meddler:

wichita, KS hmmmm, Do I know you lolol. It's not every time I come across people from Wichita, KS on forums grin

wat is it about wichita ks?
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by olulu(m): 10:21pm On May 17, 2010
@poster

grin grin grin grin grin

kolo person, u had better confess that u want the price of weed to come down.
cos once its legal, it will be readily available at cheaper price.

no issues with legalizing it or not, but
redsun:

Nobody smokes weed and want to kill,they must have had some kpeteshi and coke.Weed sobers you,it puts you in a meditative mood not warring.

sober ko, robbery ni,
what most people can't do with clear eyes, they will attempt it with weed strewn brain.
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by smile4kenn(m): 10:25pm On May 17, 2010
olulu:

sober ko, robbery ni,
what most people can't do with clear eyes, they will attempt it with weed strewn brain.
tongue tongue tongue

try it first and tell me if you attempted to jump off a building
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by olulu(m): 10:31pm On May 17, 2010
smile4kenn:

try it first and tell me if you attempted to jump off a building

4wetin, i don't need weed to b sober,
i got my head screwed on right and tight,
all stimulant i need are in me already,
cos am high all d tyme.

if u need weed to b sober, then u got a real big issue,
cos dat means, no weed, no soberness,
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by bgees(m): 11:33pm On May 17, 2010
Everyday, we be burnin' not concernin' what nobody wanna say
We be earnin' dollars turning cau we mind deh pon we pay
Some got gold and oil and diamonds all we got is Mary J
Legalize it, time you recognize it
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by smile4kenn(m): 11:57pm On May 17, 2010
olulu:

4wetin, i don't need weed to b sober,
i got my head screwed on right and tight,
all stimulant i need are in me already,
cos am high all d tyme.

if u need weed to b sober, then u got a real big issue,
cos dat means, no weed, no soberness,

tell that to Obama
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by redsun(m): 12:09pm On May 18, 2010
olulu:

no issues with legalizing it or not, but
sober ko, robbery ni,
tongue tongue tongue

Real violent and ruthless criminals don't touch weed,unless mixed with heroine,coke and alcohol.Weed on its own brings them to senses hence their need to avoid it before any operation but with alcohol,coaine,lsd and co in their brain brain,they feel invicisible,untouchable,ready to kill or be killed.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by tayoast(m): 4:27pm On May 20, 2010
smh
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by morpheus24: 4:35pm On May 20, 2010
smile4kenn:

that is what we hear everyday
@smile4kenn
I doubt you have ever stepped into the doors of a psych ward.

I suggest you visit and spend sometime with the inmates and while you are at it recored the number of cases related to Ganja smoking.

let no one be fooled by debates that exclude cannabis as a facilitator of mental disorders. The evidence to the contrary is overwhelming.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by Hoteph(m): 5:20pm On May 20, 2010
Person Wey No Shop belle full dey Smoke Weed, Weed na for the rich no be lf u smoke am finish u drink garri,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mastercard Brought Down By Wikileaks Revenge Attack / House Of Assembly Aspirant Runs Mad During Pdp Screening In Zamfara / Lagos State Is The Most Indebted State In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.