Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,603 members, 7,968,753 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:24 PM

. - Politics (364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (613775 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by pazienza(m): 10:26am On Oct 28, 2018
King of Onne celebrates 80th birthday

John Diidi.

Born on 30th March, 1938, HRM King J.D Osaronu, the Onneh Eh Eta Onne in Eleme Local Government of Rivers State, on Friday, celebrated his 80th birthday at his palace in Onne.

A former member of the old Rivers state house of Assembly under the defunct National Party of Nigeria, NPN, King J.D Osaronu ascended the throne in 1999 and has been in charge of the onne kingdom since then.

The event attracted the creme de la creme of the political class from both the PDP and APC, which includes Sen Olaka Nwogu, former senator representing Rivers South East senatorial District, Ambassador Orji Ngofa, Nigeria’s ambassador to the Netherlands, Olu Josiah Shai, member representing Eleme Constituency at the Rivers state house of Assembly, Okazu Powers, Caretaker Committee member Eleme Local Government Area and other PDP leaders in the L.G.A.

The throne of King Osaronu was also rededicated after the elevation of his stool to a second class King by the Governor Nyesom Wike-led Rivers state Government.

Certificates of chieftaincy title were awarded to prominent sons of Onne kingdom who were also presented at the Event

https://theportcitynews.com/2018/03/30/king-of-onne-celebrates-80th-birthday/
Re: . by OpenYourEyes1: 10:34am On Oct 28, 2018
oilPUSSY:

If we don't discuss them how can we know what is going on in that area?
The thread really opened the eyes of many, and many people offline are not aware of things that are going on there until they start reading.
Some of us used to love everbody from that axis but I think time has come for such love to be selective.
We should start loving some of them on personal basis because of friendship and martial issues but not on general basis.
We must keep making inquiries about them because igbo si na onye ajuju anaghi efu uzo.
Onye amaghi ebe mmiri bidoro maba ya, ogaghi ama ebe okwusiri ya.
The funny thing is that they are still bearing our names.
What type of nonsense is that ?

Bro get a new account if you want to be taken seriously.

I didn't read your comment. I never will. Whether it is positive or negative, i don't care. I didn't read it sorry.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 10:35am On Oct 28, 2018
Bloodbath As Eleme, Okrika Youths Clash Over Ownership of Onne Port Land
Posted: 23 November, 2014 14:49:26

• Intels says company not involved in dispute
The battle over the ownership of the land on which the Onne seaport in Rivers State is built, has taken a more dangerous turn, as Okirika and Eleme youths, both claiming ownership of the expansive land clashed last week, leaving many dead and several others declared missing.

The incident which lasted for several hours last Monday, before military and police personnel were drafted in to quell the battle, however caused panic among operators and residents of the ancient port town; Onne.

The major victims were the multi-million Dollar business at the port, namely: Intels, West African Container Terminals (WACT), Oil and Gas Free Trade Zone, and many others, they all closed shops immediately.
Some clearing agents at Onne told our correspondent that Intels, and several other blue chip companies at Onne Port had lost several Billions of naira as a result of closing down operations at the port for that day.
Our correspondent gathered that some of the angry youths who were said to be from Okirika carried placards which read: “Okirika youths have no jobs”, “The place Onne Port location occupy belongs to Okirika”.

Some of the angry youths according to an eye witness said that the water channel from where cargo get to Onne Port also belong to Okirika people, and does not see why youths form Okrika are neglected .

http://shippingposition.com.ng/content/bloodbath-eleme-okrika-youths-clash-over-ownership-onne-port-land

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by vanbonattel: 10:37am On Oct 28, 2018
pazienza:
King of Onne celebrates 80th birthday

John Diidi.

Born on 30th March, 1938, HRM King J.D Osaronu, the Onneh Eh Eta Onne in Eleme Local Government of Rivers State, on Friday, celebrated his 80th birthday at his palace in Onne.

A former member of the old Rivers state house of Assembly under the defunct National Party of Nigeria, NPN, King J.D Osaronu ascended the throne in 1999 and has been in charge of the onne kingdom since then.

The event attracted the creme de la creme of the political class from both the PDP and APC, which includes Sen Olaka Nwogu, former senator representing Rivers South East senatorial District, Ambassador Orji Ngofa, Nigeria’s ambassador to the Netherlands, Olu Josiah Shai, member representing Eleme Constituency at the Rivers state house of Assembly, Okazu Powers, Caretaker Committee member Eleme Local Government Area and other PDP leaders in the L.G.A.

The throne of King Osaronu was also rededicated after the elevation of his stool to a second class King by the Governor Nyesom Wike-led Rivers state Government.

Certificates of chieftaincy title were awarded to prominent sons of Onne kingdom who were also presented at the Event

https://theportcitynews.com/2018/03/30/king-of-onne-celebrates-80th-birthday/

A true Igbo man to his bone marrows. May the king live long.
Re: . by oilPUSSY(f): 10:39am On Oct 28, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:

I didn't read your comment. I never will. Whether it is positive or negative, i don't care. I didn't read it sorry.
Accept the message and leave the messenger.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by oilPUSSY(f): 10:40am On Oct 28, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:

I have heard that gospel more than 20 times.
Accept the message and leave the messenger.
Onye nso..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by vanbonattel: 10:40am On Oct 28, 2018
pazienza:
Bloodbath As Eleme, Okrika Youths Clash Over Ownership of Onne Port Land
Posted: 23 November, 2014 14:49:26

• Intels says company not involved in dispute
The battle over the ownership of the land on which the Onne seaport in Rivers State is built, has taken a more dangerous turn, as Okirika and Eleme youths, both claiming ownership of the expansive land clashed last week, leaving many dead and several others declared missing.

The incident which lasted for several hours last Monday, before military and police personnel were drafted in to quell the battle, however caused panic among operators and residents of the ancient port town; Onne.

The major victims were the multi-million Dollar business at the port, namely: Intels, West African Container Terminals (WACT), Oil and Gas Free Trade Zone, and many others, they all closed shops immediately.
Some clearing agents at Onne told our correspondent that Intels, and several other blue chip companies at Onne Port had lost several Billions of naira as a result of closing down operations at the port for that day.
Our correspondent gathered that some of the angry youths who were said to be from Okirika carried placards which read: “Okirika youths have no jobs”, “The place Onne Port location occupy belongs to Okirika”.

Some of the angry youths according to an eye witness said that the water channel from where cargo get to Onne Port also belong to Okirika people, and does not see why youths form Okrika are neglected .

http://shippingposition.com.ng/content/bloodbath-eleme-okrika-youths-clash-over-ownership-onne-port-land

That's Nigerian brouhaha for you. In Biafra, all these tribes will have a voice because they will be well represented. That's why we the Bonny, Eleme, Okrika and Ogba indegenes are 100% in support of Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB Biafra. grin
Re: . by pazienza(m): 10:47am On Oct 28, 2018
Notice that Okrika Youths are claiming stake in Onne (Eleme) seaport, not only because they claim part of the land it was built on belongs to them, but also because they reason they control the river access of the port to the sea coast.
There is no Getting to Onne river port from the Atlantic Ocean, without passing through Ijaw(Okrika) controlled water ways. Same fate is suffered by any port in Ikwerreland.
They are as landlocked as Ndiigbo are, and would have to fight for the right to access those Ijaw controlled rivers, like we might also have to do,if we habour hope of making Obuaku a reality.

There is absolutely nothing strategic, Ikwerreland would add to Igboland as it stands. They have crude oil, but not even as much as small Ogba who are said to having the highest onshore oil fields in Rivers state.
Also, once Oil Rivers state happens, Ikwerre would lose the massive offshore derivation funds they currently enjoy, while the Ijaws who control the entire coastline of Rivers state would corner all of them.

Ph city, is also a city they share with Okrika Ijaws, and the City also incorporates part of Eleme (Ogoni).
That city is a future war zone, as I don't see the Ijaws letting go.

When I see Igbos chanting Igweocha up and down, I just shake my head at the blatant display of ignorance. I belong to Ijaw forums and I know they call the city Obomotu or something like that. I wonder how people would be that naive to believe because they have a traditional name for a City, that automatically makes them stakeholders or owners of the city. This very sentiment baffles me, as it has no basis in rational reasoning.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by oilPUSSY(f): 10:51am On Oct 28, 2018
mightguy:
ika na aju ajuju. Our mothers taught them igbo language.. And changed their bini diety into amadioha the god of thunder.most only that. Our mothers made them to build the biggest amadioha shrine in the whole of South east
Wonderful
Re: . by vanbonattel: 10:54am On Oct 28, 2018
pazienza:
Notice that Okrika Youths are claiming stake in Onne (Eleme) seaport, not only because they claim part of the land it was built on belongs to them, but also because they reason they control the river access of the port to the sea coast.
There is no Getting to Onne river port from the Atlantic Ocean, without passing through Ijaw(Okrika) controlled water ways. Same fate is suffered by any port in Ikwerreland.
They are as landlocked as Ndiigbo are, and would have to fight for the right to access those Ijaw controlled rivers, like we might also have to do,if we habour hope of making Obuaku a reality.

There is absolutely nothing strategic, Ikwerreland would add to Igboland as it stands. They have crude oil, but not even as much as small Ogba who are said to having the highest onshore oil fields in Rivers state.
Also, once Oil Rivers state happens, Ikwerre would lose the massive offshore derivation funds they currently enjoy, while the Ijaws who control the entire coastline of Rivers state would corner all of them.

Ph city, is also a city they share with Okrika Ijaws, and the City also incorporates part of Eleme (Ogoni).

When I see Igbos chanting Igweocha up and down, I just shake my head at the blatant display of ignorance. I belong to Ijaw forums and I know they call the city Obomotu or something like that. I wonder how people would be that naive to believe because they have a traditional name for a City, that automatically makes them stakeholders or owners of the city. This very sentiment baffles me, as it has no basis in rational reasoning.

Don't cry too much, that's people positioning themselves for the coming goodies which the Igbos will bring to this parts when Biafra comes.

Please note that Nigeria has failed these people and their families, their only hope for this new fight is Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB Biafra. They are all hoping for the best in the coming years.

Cry for yourself only.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 10:55am On Oct 28, 2018
vanbonattel:

grin
Eleme people speak a dialect of Ogoni, but they wouldn't even accept they are Ogoni.
They had denied their Khana, Tai and Gokana brothers just because they want to enjoy the benefits of hosting multinational corporations in their lands alone. They consider their more populated Khana, Gokana and Tai brothers as a threat.
But somehow. You believe they would want to embrace Ndiigbo with over 30million population who they don't even share same language with? shocked

The way you lots reason baffle me. I pray we dont have people that reason this way, pilot IGBO affairs, because we are definitely going to crash under their leadership.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by vanbonattel: 10:57am On Oct 28, 2018
pazienza:

grin
Eleme people speak a dialect of Ogoni, but they wouldn't even accept they are Ogoni.
They had denied their Khana, Tai and Gokana brothers just because they want to enjoy the benefits of hosting multinational corporations in their lands alone. They consider their more populated Khana, Gokana and Tai brothers as a threat.
But somehow. You believe they would want to embrace Ndiigbo with over 30million population who they don't even share same language with? shocked

The way you lots reason baffle me. I pray we dont have people that reason this way, pilot IGBO affairs, because we are definitely going to crash under their leadership.

You exposed yourself and gave igbos the initiative. They denied everyone else because they want goodies and are greedy according to you grin

Igbos are bringing the goodies and greed does not hear languages grin grin

Ask the yorubas who sold lands to Igbos even amidst the civil war aftermath.
Re: . by mightguy(m): 11:05am On Oct 28, 2018
vanbonattel:

is the king an igbo man?

1 Like

Re: . by vanbonattel: 11:08am On Oct 28, 2018
mightguy:
is the king an igbo man?

Go and ask him where he came from.
Re: . by Xander85: 11:09am On Oct 28, 2018
oilPUSSY:

Which ethnic group occupied Ahoda?

Would have said Igbo, but i'll settle for Ekpeye!

They're like the Ogba....Igboid, but swear down that they're an independent ethnic nationality with origins from Benin! smiley

1 Like

Re: . by vanbonattel: 11:11am On Oct 28, 2018
Xander85:

They're like the Ogba....Igboid, but swear down that they're an independent ethnic nationality with origins from Benin! smiley

That's politics. At the right price, they will sell out to, even devil himself grin
Re: . by mightguy(m): 11:12am On Oct 28, 2018
pazienza:

lol. That's y we must keep away from ph city. Ijaw won't let go. Ijaw need more land and are very desperate and since they ave documents that proves that some part of okrika is in ph. Okwu agwugweee. We igbo should keep off settle with the ijaws for access to the sea and let ikwerre and ijaw settle it themselves

2 Likes

Re: . by oilPUSSY(f): 11:13am On Oct 28, 2018
Xander85:

Do they speak Igbo and bear our names like ikwere ?
Re: . by mightguy(m): 11:16am On Oct 28, 2018
pazienza:

grin

this people are totally ridiculous.. Well they are learning from the igbo deniers. If Ikwerre. Ogba. And co can do it. Lol. They can do it.. Soon family members will turn into ethnic groups all in the name of oyel

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by vanbonattel: 11:16am On Oct 28, 2018
mightguy post=72475521[b:
]lol. That's y we must keep away from ph city.[/b] Ijaw won't let go. Ijaw need more land and are very desperate and since they ave documents that proves that some part of okrika is in ph. Okwu agwugweee. We igbo should keep off settle with the ijaws for access to the sea and let ikwerre and ijaw settle it themselves

Yes, we Yorubas should keep away from PH city grin
Re: . by vanbonattel: 11:18am On Oct 28, 2018
mightguy:
this people are totally ridiculous.. Well they are learning from the igbo deniers. If Ikwerre. Ogba. And co can do it. Lol. They can do it.. Soon family members will turn into ethnic groups all in the name of oyel

Oil that will be sold for $2 in the coming years? Which tribe do you thing are well positioned to buy up these people and their families?
Re: . by pazienza(m): 11:20am On Oct 28, 2018
oilPUSSY:

They speak Igboid language.

Ekpeye is the most divergent of all Igbo dialects.

No Igbo person can truly understand Ekpeye at the first hearing.
Ekpeye retained too many proto Igbo words no Igbo group still use.
They also failed to develop the Nn and Mm sounds of modern Igbo language.

1 Like

Re: . by mightguy(m): 11:22am On Oct 28, 2018
vanbonattel:

Oil that will be sold for $2 in the coming years? Which tribe do you thing are well positioned to buy up these people and their families?
well when that time comes we shall see

1 Like

Re: . by mightguy(m): 11:23am On Oct 28, 2018
vanbonattel:

Yes, we Yorubas should keep away from PH city grin
oga face reality

1 Like

Re: . by mightguy(m): 11:25am On Oct 28, 2018
oilPUSSY:

they speak igbo.. They answer Igbo name. Ekpa efia... Changed to ekpeye. Ogba is not from bini.. They are all denie
Re: . by mightguy(m): 11:26am On Oct 28, 2018
pazienza:

No Igbo person can truly understand Ekpeye at the first hearing. Ekpeye retained too many proto Igbo words no Igbo group still use. They also failed to develop the Nn and Mm sounds of modern Igbo language.
then it is not igboid but their language is old form of igbo
Re: . by vanbonattel: 11:53am On Oct 28, 2018
mightguy:
oga face reality

Ok.
Re: . by vanbonattel: 11:54am On Oct 28, 2018
mightguy:

Igbo bu Igbo, jump into the lagoon if you disagree.
Old form of Igbo or new form is still the same Igbo spoken by their ancestors that gave birth to all of the Igbos. You cannot change your tongue and leave your roots.
Re: . by Curlieweed: 11:55am On Oct 28, 2018
mightguy:

Actually, linguists classify two Igboid languages, Igbo and Ekpeye.

1 Like

Re: . by vanbonattel: 11:58am On Oct 28, 2018
pazienza:

Igbo language is spoken in all of Igboland from Agbor to Bonny and everywhere. Igbo esika. Yorubas like Pazienza can only cry and wail in misery.
Re: . by vanbonattel: 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2018
Curlieweed:

Actually, linguists classify two Igboid languages, Igbo and Ekpeye.

Stop hiding behind your finger, Ekpeye are Igbos that speak their own dialect of Igbo just like the Ohofia and the Nsukka.
Re: . by oilPUSSY(f): 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2018
pazienza:

Dalu.
Just asking to know more about them because there is one man I know that's a victim of abandoned property. The man built a house in Ahoda 1965/66 before the war. Then after the war, his house was called "Abandoned " making the man to move to back to Onitsha with his young family of three then and he started from the scratch again. Being an industrious igbo man he is, he was able to build not one house, but close to ten houses in Onitsha and Enugu which his children and grandchildren are currently enjoying the proceeds.

Fastfoward to 2011, the son of the man was able to locate that house again. How he was able to locate the house is through one popular school that was built adjacent to the house according to what his father told him. You know people always use schools, churches and hospitals to locate a place easily . Again, the father as a young married man then took a picture in front of his house when he finished building it as young business man that has made it life.
When the son visited the place in 2011, although that was not his purpose of going to Ahoda, he went there for something else but he's an inquisitive person who likes making inquiries about the past. That house is still the way the father left it in 1967, no renovation, no painting nothing. They haven't changed the zink, you can imagine how a house that was built in 60's will look like without renovation . According to the man, he saw domestic animals entering and coming out from a room like normal humanbeings . Everywhere was so dirty. He greeted people inside that compound and pretended as if he missed his way...

Stealing someone's properties is one thing, but maintaining those properties is another thing. Igbos have moved on and acquired more even more they acquired before the war. Those than stole their properties cannot maintain it maybe either or they are timid or they lack the capacity.

The reason why I asked about Ahoda is because I thought it's occupied by ijaws because we know that ijaws are the people that championed the issue of "Abandoned properties"

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.