Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,373 members, 7,913,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 02:28 PM

. - Politics (505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (601724 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by IGBOSON1: 11:03pm On Nov 15, 2019
Afam4eva:

The fast time i landed at Akanu Ibiam about a decade ago, we passed through Emene which had bad roads as not visually appealing but last december, we passed through another road which brought us right around New Haven which wasn't that bad.

Pls where is Bissala road located?

Afam, it's that section of road in Independence layout that stretches right from Chime avenue right up to (if my memory serves me right) the road that branches off to Hotel Presidential!

It's the first bit of road shown from the beginning of the attached Youtube clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Q1sclUvoM

1 Like

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 11:07pm On Nov 15, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Afam, it's that section of road in Independence layout that stretches right from Chime avenue right up to (if my memory serves me right) the road that branches off to Hotel Presidential!

It's the first bit of road shown from the beginning of the attached Youtube clip.
I actually used that road a couple of times, most recently last week but never knew that was the Bissala road tat i've been hearing about. Infact, i even did a youtube video driving along that road in december of last year.

3 Likes

Re: . by Dremca(m): 11:52pm On Nov 15, 2019
Lesson Ogba- from phyno's song. I was told if the man teach maths and you don't understand, you won't understand it any where else.
ckenneths:
Whenever I am in Abakpa, it evokes in me old memories. I remember when we were taking lectures at the WAEC and JAMB preparatory classes at 'Ogba' grin

1 Like

Re: . by Dremca(m): 11:55pm On Nov 15, 2019
Abakpa nti ike
ckenneths:
Did anyone that Abakpa is getting greener? grin

Abakpa is now planting trees! Wonderful grin

2 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 5:38am On Nov 16, 2019
UdechiHD:
Spyder, please if ever you pass through Okigwe again, can you snap pictures of the rice farms at Obowo.
In the past there used to be a massive rice project invested by the world bank and Dee Sam Mbakwe. I don't know the progress of the farms now.

I will try. Thanks.
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 5:50am On Nov 16, 2019
Most Igbo villages are cute looking havens where people return to relax after a lot of hustle. One thing I have noticed in most of the villages is that the gap between the city and the villages are getting thinner in terms of development of amenities.

Many cities in Igboland now have rural roads, many wealthy individuals have donated infrastructure like electricity, schools, churches, hospitals, markets and parks. Then many young people have stepped in and built houses in their compounds, some leave a car permanently parked in the villages just for village use. We are gradually getting there.

This is Agbada Nenwe, Aninri local government of Enugu state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 5:59am On Nov 16, 2019
This is the boundary between Nenwe town and Oduma, all in Aninri local government area. This bridge and even all these roads were built by Senator Ike Ekweremadu. This is his senatorial district and he has done exceedingly well for his people and all the surrounding districts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:04am On Nov 16, 2019
It's a very solid project that took very little time to build. This place used to have one of the worst passage bridge that was bent on the side and so small that big vehicles cannot pass here. Now people pass from here to go to Cross river state and Akwa Ibom.

2 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:07am On Nov 16, 2019
I love the ease with which we move around here.......

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:09am On Nov 16, 2019
In the distance, is 'Rice country' cheesy

This local government is not Aninri only in name, its indeed Ani nri, very loaded with food.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Chef2000: 6:26am On Nov 16, 2019
The road looks very solid, this is beautiful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:31am On Nov 16, 2019
Chef2000:
The road looks very solid, this is beautiful

Honestly, the road is well constructed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:38am On Nov 16, 2019
There are hectares upon hectares of farmland dedicated to rice farming since the beginning of time. (They also excel in okro and corn farming during the mid season) All the farms here are locally owned by families and plots are fragmented. There are so many support facilities for rice farming here as more than half of the population here are active farmers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:41am On Nov 16, 2019
The methods the small farmers employ are largely the old method where they do everything with manual labor. No mechanised farming here yet. They usually mill their rice in the very many rice mills scattered all over the villages, each person getting many bushels of local rice to be sold in the next orie market days.

My family was involved in the rice business when I was a kid, I also actively participated in the rice business because my community is a large producer of local rice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:45am On Nov 16, 2019
Local rice field covering hectares.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by somalianprince: 7:14am On Nov 16, 2019
This is madness. How somebody will be walking around taking pictures beats my imagination. This is even worrisome when we recall that spyder088 aka ckenneths is over 50yrs cheesy
Re: . by somalianprince: 7:16am On Nov 16, 2019
Ckenneths is this how jobless people are in Enugu state. This is why Enugu state should start creating enabling environment for industrial developments. cheesy
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:16am On Nov 16, 2019
I will really wish to reach 50 years one day. For now, I can only hope and pray to GOD almighty to keep me in health and happiness.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:18am On Nov 16, 2019
It's a very rich rice farming business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by somalianprince: 7:19am On Nov 16, 2019
Are you deceiving people who don't know you personally? We have your pictures. From the pictures you look even over 50.
Re: . by somalianprince: 7:20am On Nov 16, 2019
I am confused how such an old man would be proud moving around taking pictures. Shioo cheesy
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:22am On Nov 16, 2019
What we need here is government participation, good a thing that good roads have been provided for the farmers to move out their products, but manure and equipment must be made available to them to make rice farming very very profitable.

2 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:24am On Nov 16, 2019
High yielding rice species

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by somalianprince: 7:25am On Nov 16, 2019
Chima, you need a job. No wonder anyone that leave school in Enugu tend to leave the town immediately. Jobs needs to be created by government in that state, if not brain drain will continue. The product will be more jobless people like Chima will emerge with camera to snap pictures like mad men cheesy
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:26am On Nov 16, 2019
You might be surprised about Enugu rice, but wait till you get to Ebonyi state and your jaw will drop grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by somalianprince: 7:27am On Nov 16, 2019
Chima, what's government industrial masterplan to absorb school leavers . Job job job
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:29am On Nov 16, 2019
In Ebonyi state, rice grows freely like grass grin

People are using rice as flowers round their houses. I don't know if they even bother to plant it anymore.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by somalianprince: 7:31am On Nov 16, 2019
Chima, you are too old for comfort in taking pictures like a mad man. I don't have any problem with taking pictures but when it involves an old man. cheesy
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:36am On Nov 16, 2019
The rice here are so hefty that I started wondering, is this elephant rice? grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:38am On Nov 16, 2019
Stay tuned, I was in Ebonyi and the pace of development there is just doing press up, the government is just starting with the last 4 years, it's now he started working like a mad man.

All hail David Nweze Umahi.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Chef2000: 7:41am On Nov 16, 2019
ckenneths:
The rice here are so hefty that I started wondering, is this elephant rice? grin
Hmmmn rice everywhere cheesy this is good...

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.