Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,555 members, 7,926,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 06:39 PM

. - Politics (661) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (604368 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 3:26pm On Jan 30, 2020
MTN looking to invest more into the Nigerian market.

Re: . by hammerU: 3:32pm On Jan 30, 2020
NaijirianKing:

Baba, you're absolutely correct. However, the reality is that our fathers and grandfathers did it the opposite. Create your base in the North or Lagos, and merely build a mansion in the East.

You asked a great question, but now it's up to us to reverse this trend and get on Code with investing in the East first, and then having a branch or two elsewhere.

LET ME TELL U A SECRET ABOUT IGBOS.

IGBO PEOPLE SEEM TO BE THE ONLY GROUP OF PEOPLE LOOKING FOR BROTHERHOOD IN THE ARMS OF FOREIGNER AND WHILST RUNNING AWAY FROM THEIR OWN PEOPLE. (FELLOW IGBO)

U SEE DEM IN SOUTHWEST DESPERATELY TRYING TO FIT IN WITH PEOPLE WHO VIEW DEM AS FOREIGNERS.

U SEE DEM IN NORTH DESPERATELY TRYING TO FIT IN WITH PEOPLE THAT WILL KILL DEM AT THE DROP OF A HAT.

U SEE DEM TRYING TO FIT IN WITH PEOPLE IN GHANA THAT DONT WANT THEM IN THEIR COUNTRY AND HAVE DONE EVERYTHING WITHIN THEIR POWER TO FORCE THEM OUT.

IS THERE A REASON FOR THIS BEHAVIOUR OR SELF HATE?

3 Likes

Re: . by horsepower102: 4:05pm On Jan 30, 2020
hammerU:

LET ME TELL U A SECRET ABOUT IGBOS.

IGBO PEOPLE SEEM TO BE THE ONLY GROUP OF PEOPLE LOOKING FOR BROTHERHOOD IN THE ARMS OF FOREIGNER AND WHILST RUNNING AWAY FROM THEIR OWN PEOPLE. (FELLOW IGBO)

U SEE DEM IN SOUTHWEST DESPERATELY TRYING TO FIT IN WITH PEOPLE WHO VIEW DEM AS FOREIGNERS.

U SEE DEM IN NORTH DESPERATELY TRYING TO FIT IN WITH PEOPLE THAT WILL KILL DEM AT THE DROP OF A HAT.

U SEE DEM TRYING TO FIT IN WITH PEOPLE IN GHANA THAT DONT WANT THEM IN THEIR COUNTRY AND HAVE DONE EVERYTHING WITHIN THEIR POWER TO FORCE THEM OUT.

IS THERE A REASON FOR THIS BEHAVIOUR OR SELF HATE?

Things are beginning to change. The blind automatic brotherhood mentality that igbos used to have for their neighbors and strangers is slowly dying out.

It’s up to our current generation of igbo men and women to stop the mistakes of the past.

These are the golden rules:

Invest in your home. MASSIVELY

Love your fellow igbos. Don’t love stranger more than you love your own people

Always watch out for igbo interest in all situations.

If we do this, we will start the igbo renaissance that has been waiting to happen.

5 Likes

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 5:03pm On Jan 30, 2020
Abaribe.

4 Likes

Re: . by raker300: 6:27pm On Jan 30, 2020
Awka

5 Likes

Re: . by okpalaAnambra: 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2020
ADF: Igbo must wake from slumber

A joint security outfit for the South East region is being fine-tuned for optimal operation and would soon be unveiled.

Chairman of South East Governors’ Forum and Governor of Ebonyi State, Chief David Umahi, yesterday, disclosed this when he received the General Officer Commanding 82 Division of the Nigerian Army, Maj. Gen. Lasisi Adegboye at Government House, Abakaliki, yesterday.

He announced that the security outfit was formed to protect their people from the menace of Fulani herdsmen and ensure adequate security of lives and property of the people.

He did not give the name of the new outfit but said that governors from the zone had already written to the Federal Government on the joint security taskforce.

The governors had July last year, inaugurated a joint security committee with control in Enugu and headed by Major Gen. Obi Umahi (Rtd). Other members include former Inspector General of Police Ogbonnaya Onovo, Capt. Awa Agwu (retd), Commissioner of Police Ikechukwu Aduba (Rtd) and Mr. Ray Nkemdirim.

They also indicated that there would be aerial surveillance of forests in the region, saying: “We agreed that joint air operations to flush out bandits from all forests in South East are to be a continuous one.”

Umahi told the GOC that “every region has their own peculiarities and we had formed our own joint security taskforce and we have written to federal government and we are putting things together because we had a joint meeting with all the service chiefs and the GOC. So, we discussed and agreed on what we need to do to continue to give safety to our people in south east.

“No one will say that he will not be part of the joint security because when people are kidnapped for example in Anambra state, they could be found in Ebonyi. So, we need that synergy to work together to give protection to everybody and here in Ebonyi; we’re among the first in the federation to start our law on internal security and that is the neighbourhood watch and they have fantastically done very well.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/south-east-security-outfit-coming-umahi/
Re: . by okpalaAnambra: 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2020
Gradually our leaders are waking up
Re: . by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 30, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
[s]ADF: Igbo must wake from slumber

A joint security outfit for the South East region is being fine-tuned for optimal operation and would soon be unveiled.

Chairman of South East Governors’ Forum and Governor of Ebonyi State, Chief David Umahi, yesterday, disclosed this when he received the General Officer Commanding 82 Division of the Nigerian Army, Maj. Gen. Lasisi Adegboye at Government House, Abakaliki, yesterday.

He announced that the security outfit was formed to protect their people from the menace of Fulani herdsmen and ensure adequate security of lives and property of the people.

He did not give the name of the new outfit but said that governors from the zone had already written to the Federal Government on the joint security taskforce.

The governors had July last year, inaugurated a joint security committee with control in Enugu and headed by Major Gen. Obi Umahi (Rtd). Other members include former Inspector General of Police Ogbonnaya Onovo, Capt. Awa Agwu (retd), Commissioner of Police Ikechukwu Aduba (Rtd) and Mr. Ray Nkemdirim.

They also indicated that there would be aerial surveillance of forests in the region, saying: “We agreed that joint air operations to flush out bandits from all forests in South East are to be a continuous one.”

Umahi told the GOC that “every region has their own peculiarities and we had formed our own joint security taskforce and we have written to federal government and we are putting things together because we had a joint meeting with all the service chiefs and the GOC. So, we discussed and agreed on what we need to do to continue to give safety to our people in south east.

“No one will say that he will not be part of the joint security because when people are kidnapped for example in Anambra state, they could be found in Ebonyi. So, we need that synergy to work together to give protection to everybody and here in Ebonyi; we’re among the first in the federation to start our law on internal security and that is the neighbourhood watch and they have fantastically done very well.”[/s]

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/south-east-security-outfit-coming-umahi/
Re: . by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 30, 2020
Umahi should jettison his idea of SE security outfit it won't work.

He should be looking at home grown solutions to tackle security issues in his state....others had been doing do.

1 Like

Re: . by okpalaAnambra: 9:01pm On Jan 30, 2020
[quote author=MelesZenawi post=86245070][/quote]
As usual the vultures and worms of satanic division to the Igbo ethnic group are gathering.. we're children of the almighty and nothing you non Igbos can do

1 Like

Re: . by okpalaAnambra: 9:02pm On Jan 30, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Umahi should jettison his idea of SE security outfit it won't work.

He should be looking at home grown solutions to tackle security issues in his state....others had been doing do.

Cry us a River this non-igbo...yours is to attack anything that will benefit the region...forces of darkness will never overtake umuchineke

2 Likes

Re: . by hammerU: 9:25pm On Jan 30, 2020
horsepower102:

Things are beginning to change. The blind automatic brotherhood mentality that igbos used to have for their neighbors and strangers is slowly dying out.

It’s up to our current generation of igbo men and women to stop the mistakes of the past.

These are the golden rules:

Invest in your home. MASSIVELY

Love your fellow igbos. Don’t love stranger more than you love your own people

Always watch out for igbo interest in all situations.

If we do this, we will start the igbo renaissance that has been waiting to happen.

IGBO MUST LEARN TO DRAW CLOSE TO EACH OTHER REGARDLESS OF WHO GETS OFFENDED.

WE TEND TO PULL APART TO PLEASE OTHERS.

THIS IS WHERE @ NaijirianKing CODE APPLIES.

WE SHOULD HAVE AN ECONOMIC CODE OF COOPERATION AS OUR GRANDFATHERS AND FATHERS ONCE DID WITH REGARDS TO IGBO APPRENTICESHIP.

WE NEED A SOCIAL CODE TO DEAL WITH THOSE ABUSIVE BEHAVIORS FROM OUR PEOPLE THAT WE DONT LIKE.

THIS SHOULD BE OUR NEW POLITICAL OUTLOOK. 1 FOR ALL AND ALL FOR 1.

WE ONLY NEED TO GET ONE OF US INTO THE PRESIDENCY, AND THE PRESIDENCY WILL BE FOR ALL OF US.

1 Like

Re: . by hammerU: 9:32pm On Jan 30, 2020
IT IS NOT GOING TO BE EASY BECOS WE HAVE FOR LONG PULLED APART.

BENEFITS OF DRAWING CLOSE IS U BECOME YOUR BROTHERS KEEPER.

WE DEVELOP SOCIAL AND CULTURAL NETWORK EVENTS.

OUR PORDUCT ENJOYS MUCH HIGHER PATRONAGE COMING FROM US.

THIS TRANSLATE INTO RAPID ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF ALAIGBO BECOS IT WOULD BE THE PLACE TO BE AND FUN TIMES.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 30, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Cry us a River this non-igbo...yours is to attack anything that will benefit the region...forces of darkness will never overtake umuchineke

Lolz

Anyway some State government has clearly stated they aren't interested. Every state is an independent unit so nobody will force others against their will.

If Ebonyi is ready they can form the security outfit alongside Abia, Enugu and I'm. When others are ready and have exhausted their home grown security measures.....They might consider joining.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 30, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

As usual the vultures and worms of satanic division to the Igbo ethnic group are gathering.. we're children of the almighty and nothing you non Igbos can do

Stop over stressing yourself.

1 Like

Re: . by hammerU: 9:36pm On Jan 30, 2020
[s]
MelesZenawi:

Lolz

Anyway some State government has clearly stated they aren't interested. Every state is an independent unit so nobody will force others against their will.

If Ebonyi is ready they can form the security outfit alongside Abia, Enugu and I'm. When others are ready and have exhausted their home grown security measures.....They might consider joining.
MelesZenawi:

Stop over stressing yourself.
[/s]

PLAY THE POLITICS OR GET LEFT BEHIND.

DONT TRY TO BE TOO GOOD, U ARE STILL A NIGERIAN.

IN THE NORTH THEY HAVE A SHARIA POLICE FOR ALL.

1 Like

Re: . by okpalaAnambra: 9:44pm On Jan 30, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Lolz

I can only listen to a suggestion from an Igbo person here and not a non Igbo like u..so next
Re: . by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 30, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

I can only listen to a suggestion from an Igbo person here and not a non Igbo like u..so next

That line is too stale.

Security outfit is dead on arrival grin

Umahi shouldn't try his luck on that at all.
Re: . by okpalaAnambra: 9:52pm On Jan 30, 2020
MelesZenawi:

That line is too stale.

Security outfit is dead on arrival grin

Umahi shouldn't try his luck on that at all.
I don't reply non Igbos...next!

1 Like

Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 7:00am On Jan 31, 2020
pazienza:
Please there is no affiliation between the Ijaw and Ngwa.
pazienza:
Ijaws however have an Affiliation with Ndokis as both Co founded communities considered Ijaw today like Bonny, Opobo etc, and share boundaries via the Imo River.

A decade has come and gone with you arguing with an Ngwa like myself and you haven’t learned anything? You have not researched to expand your knowledge, even if to find support for your pan-Igbo, nationalistic Igbo agenda? Ọ dị ogoozu.

pazienza:
Unity is a fragile thing . It must never be taken for granted. It must be worked on and protected every second. Unity is strength and any group or persons that would want to render a group and individuals within the group vulnerable to discrimination and injustice will first strike at their unity. Achebe even put this together in that his famous things fall apart quote.

"How do you think we can fight when our own brothers have turned against us? The white man is very clever. He came quietly and peaceably with his religion. We were amused at his foolishness and allowed him to stay. Now he has won our brothers, and our clan can no longer act like one. He has put a knife on the things that held us together and we have fallen apart"

~TFA

The easiest way to defeat a group is to strike at the core of the very thing that hold them together, and then slowly pick them apart one after the other, once the sheep start separating from the herd.

As long as enemies of Ndiigbo work around the clock targeting the Igbo Union, I will also do the same neutralizing them. Yes, I feel threatened by attempt to divide the Igbo Union, because I know I am more protected as an Igbo in Nigeria, by a bigger and stronger Igbo nation speaking with one voice than by an Igbo in identity crisis hopelessly tied by sentiments at the borders to neighbors who are still eyeing parts of our lands to claim, should affliction arise for a second time.

This is why you will always remain paranoid. You base your idea of Igbo on something that isn't even agreeable by the "Igbo" themselves. You now have to work around the clock to build your defenses because your ideology cannot even stand on its own two feet. You spend your time treating it like some precious glass commodity.

At least I can say one thing now. I used to believe that you were blinded by your pan-Igbo, nationalistic ideology. But now, I see that even you are truly aware that your ideology does not hold up even under moderate scrutiny. I can acknowledge now that all of your behaviors and tendencies make sense. You are aware that your "Igbo Unity" is indeed fragile.
Re: . by okpalaAnambra: 7:05am On Jan 31, 2020
ChinenyeN:

A decade has come and gone with you arguing with an Ngwa like myself and you haven’t learned anything? You have not researched to expand your knowledge, even if to find support for your pan-Igbo, nationalistic Igbo agenda? Ọ dị ogoozu.

This is why you will always remain paranoid. You base your idea of Igbo on something that isn't even agreeable by the "Igbo" themselves. You now have to work around the clock to build your defenses because your ideology cannot even stand on its own two feet. You spend your time treating it like some precious glass commodity.

At least I can say one thing now. I used to believe that you were blinded by your pan-Igbo, nationalistic ideology. But now, I see that even you are truly aware that your ideology does not hold up even under moderate scrutiny. I can acknowledge now that all of your behaviors and tendencies make sense. You are aware that your "Igbo Unity" is indeed fragile.
This non-igbo sha...I wonder that you're doing in an Igbo forum
Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 7:14am On Jan 31, 2020
NaijirianKing:
We first have to answer the questions:

1. Who is Igbo (this is one of the most politicized issues we as Igbo have) we need to answer this, then close the door forever to those who say they are not with us.

2. What responsibilities come from being Igbo (for example Europeans don't fight themselves for the benefit of outsiders, Igbo should take on this mantra, that Igbo cannot cheat, harm, or publicly fight another Igbo for the benefit of another tribe.)

3. Lastly, what is the overall Igbo goal objective (Igbo Empowerment, meaning, in any and every action public or private we ask ourselves, how is this adding power to those classified as Igbo, and we collectively fight and resist anything designed to take power away from Igbo.)

1. Igbo is limited to SE states.

2. If you really teach history in GA, then you should know that Europeans fought each other all the time. You're creating some false narrative of Europe to push an agenda of your own that is simply questionable, if not wholly idealistic. To that end, I think this is obviously an implied thing, but spending resources to enforce it is nothing short of wasteful, if you don't mind my honest opinion.

3. This is not something that gets defined once. Every interaction, every contract, every new deal requires a re-evaluation. Hence why I suggest the affluent organization. This is not a job for hungry masses.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 31, 2020
ChinenyeN:

1. Igbo is limited to SE states.

2. If you really teach history in GA, then you should know that Europeans fought each other all the time. You're creating some false narrative of Europe to push an agenda of your own that is simply questionable, if not wholly idealistic. To that end, I think this is obviously an implied thing, but spending resources to enforce it is nothing short of wasteful, if you don't mind my honest opinion.

3. This is not something that gets defined once. Every interaction, every contract, every new deal requires a re-evaluation. Hence why I suggest the affluent organization. This is not a job for hungry masses.

And so I hold.
Re: . by Ebenezar2020(m): 9:50am On Jan 31, 2020
IgbofromDelta:
This your post is based on your delusion. We don't need your senseless post in this forum. Go and create your Igala forum and allow we Igbos relate without your interference.

How can Igbos in Niger Delta hate Igbos in the East ?! Igbos are one united people whose lands are contiguous to each other but are in different states

I hate your moniker
Re: . by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 31, 2020
ChinenyeN:

1. Igbo Chinenye is limited to SE states.

Chinenye don't deceive yourself. You can as well carry yourself to the middle belt if you dislike your presence in Igboland.
Just appreciate Seun for giving you this faceless forum to exhibit your existentialism. Your intention as well as the other Idenna are similar. Dead on arrival.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 31, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
I hate your moniker

I won't tolerate your nonsense on this thread. Don't allow me over drag your people to the mud.

Be guided. You can exhibit your nonsense on other thread but not here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Ebenezar2020(m): 5:58pm On Jan 31, 2020
MelesZenawi:

I won't tolerate your nonsense on this thread. Don't allow me over drag your people to the mud.

Be guided. You can exhibit your nonsense on other thread but not here.

shut the Fvck up you troll.
I don't just have your time.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 31, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
shut the Fvck up you troll. I don't just have your time.
I don't need you to have my time but you will just tire.

Kindly respect yourself.
Re: . by Ebenezar2020(m): 6:01pm On Jan 31, 2020
MelesZenawi:

I don't need you to have my time but you will just tire.

Kindly respect yourself.
THEN FVCK OFF.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 31, 2020
ChinenyeN:

[s]A decade has come and gone with you arguing with an Ngwa like myself and you haven’t learned anything? You have not researched to expand your knowledge, even if to find support for your pan-Igbo, nationalistic Igbo agenda? Ọ dị ogoozu.[/s]

[s]This is why you will always remain paranoid. You base your idea of Igbo on something that isn't even agreeable by the "Igbo" themselves. You now have to work around the clock to build your defenses because your ideology cannot even stand on its own two feet. You spend your time treating it like some precious glass commodity.[/s]

[s]At least I can say one thing now. I used to believe that you were blinded by your pan-Igbo, nationalistic ideology. But now, I see that even you are truly aware that your ideology does not hold up even under moderate scrutiny. I can acknowledge now that all of your behaviors and tendencies make sense. You are aware that your "Igbo Unity" is indeed fragile[/s].
Igbo unity is not fragile only non-Igbo wish it to be so.
The same way I suspected Omanbala aka Idenna, as well as Chino is the same way I'm beginning to suspect your motive. And those two have been exposed as non-Igbos for who they truly are.

I put it to you, that you're not an Ngwa man. You are an Ikwerre and it's obvious from your transcription. I've suspected that transcript because no Ngwa man writes in such manner. No one even in the interior villages, and no one dead or alive because you'll find the staunchest Igbo's in those enclave. Men who may behead you if you say such trash in their midst.

Your kind clamour that Igbo be balkanized in other to pacify your new ethnic status. You're always afraid that in the event of a separated Nigeria that natural circumstances may obliterated the Ikwerre ethnic identity that you cemented through crook and want to allot ethnicity to other Igbo clans so that yours can be preserved. Are you not ashamed that despite your antics since more than a decade on this site, no one gives a damn about your wasted efforts.

I now get the drift. You're not an Ngwa, you never were and would never be. All my stay in association with Ndi Ngwa non exhibits the inferiority complex or the wanton search for an insignificant minority status that you exhibit.
Get off, this thread and open your Ikwerre thread and cry there. Promote your ethnic status there and speak your so called creole that you formed there. Or rather toe the path of Omogie and focus your lamentations on Facebook where you'll be taken serious and probably challenged properly by those you seek to divide.
You're not needed here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.