Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,228 members, 7,936,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:09 PM

New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo (11230 Views)

Motorcycles Carry Corpse In Dr Congo - (Graphic Pictures) / NCDC Warns Nigerians Over ‘high Risk’ Of Ebola / Federal Government Begins Screening Of Ebola Virus At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by GavelSlam: 7:17am On May 09, 2018
NairaMaster1:

My dear!

A government that cannot contain common lassa fever.

God please protect us in Jesus Name. Amen!

What is common lassa fever?

Why can't you keep your environment free of rats?

Why would you eat garri with vermin excreta?

Lazy Nigerian youth.
Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by Nobody: 7:22am On May 09, 2018
OneCorner:
Please if dz Ebola won enta Nigeria, make e no pass Biafra and aboki land oo. Na dem be strong people wey fit handle am.
Most international travellers come in through what airport. The last time it happened which airport did it originate from in Nigeria. Please forget all these useless talk and think of how to move Nigeria forward.
Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by KpagoGIN(m): 7:29am On May 09, 2018
And one villager like that was majestically strolling into his village with a gorilla/ chimpanzee accompany with a loud ovation..... I knew something was fishy that kind monkey can't just willfully follow you unless something was chasing it and here we are...... Ebola 2.2
Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by Nobody: 7:33am On May 09, 2018
freeze001:
God please we have an irresponsible, thieving and inept government in place at the moment. Don't allow this disease somehow cross into Nigeria cos rather than get busy, they will blame Jonathan for not eradicating it from the whole world. Osinbajo will come with statistics of how money supposedly looted would have obliterated every trace of ebola and HIV.

My condolences to affected persons on the Congo. I hope a quick reprieve and solution comes to put an end to this outbreak.

The above bolded perfectly describes Jonathan's govt. Also, don't praise the Fed. Govt. for the eradication of Ebola. Praise the relentless doctors in Lagos. If the epidemic broke out in any other state, Northern probably, Ebola would have been more difficult to control.
Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by chrisxxx(m): 8:02am On May 09, 2018
Onyenna:

You mean border?.... If yes, do we even know how to secure our borders?.....Nigeriens stroll in and out of Nigeria unopposed..... Boko Haram fighters do same....
Bros thank u. I just woke up from bed and saw the news.
Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by freeze001(f): 8:56am On May 09, 2018
Earthbound:

The above bolded perfectly describes Jonathan's govt. Also, don't praise the Fed. Govt. for the eradication of Ebola. Praise the relentless doctors in Lagos. If the epidemic broke out in any other state, Northern probably, Ebola would have been more difficult to control.

If you read clearly and have a working knowledge of English grammar and tenses, you'd realise that my post was made in the present tense. WE HAVE AN INCOMPETENT AND THIEVING GOVERNMENT only good at trading blames without accepting responsibility for anything.

In the previous administration, the Ministry of Health was on top of its game in collaboration with medical personnel in affected areas hence the quick containment of the disease. That minister was a direct appointee of President Jonathan and he did his job well in that regard because he had an enlightened, conscious principal. I cannot say the same for the current batch of mistakes ranging from the president to his ministers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by NoToPile: 9:03am On May 09, 2018
Lots of strange people here on this forum. Some posts make me wonder. Jonathan this buhari that.

Was it not Lagos State that contained the virus back then, infact it was those doctors that did the job then if not I would h spread like wild fire.
it's every thing some people turn to politics angry
Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by stasius: 9:06am On May 09, 2018
Madam Ebola is back?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked sad
Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by asawanathegreat(m): 9:16am On May 09, 2018
Not again pls
Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by shiffynaani(m): 9:22am On May 09, 2018
whirlwind7:
shocked

Not good. Not good at all.
Certainly not now we have a brain dead president who at the moment has jetted out to London for another round of medical tourism.
I don't even think his minister of health knows anything about taking proactive steps to set up monitoring and surveillance teams immediately at all ports of entry into the country.
If we were scared by the last epidemic when there was a marginally responsible government, this time, we should all live in mortal fear.

Not good at all.
Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by shiffynaani(m): 9:30am On May 09, 2018
whirlwind7:
shocked

Not good. Not good at all.
Certainly not now we have a brain dead president who at the moment has jetted out to London for another round of medical tourism.
I don't even think his minister of health knows anything about taking proactive steps to set up monitoring and surveillance teams immediately at all ports of entry into the country.
If we were scared by the last epidemic when there was a marginally responsible government, this time, we should all live in mortal fear.

Not good at all.
my Brother, We Should All Be Praying Fervently At This Moment. We Know We've Got An Inept Goverment That Can't Even Place Ordinary Malaria In Check. Though Jonathan Has Some Flaws,bv I Now Realise How Effective And Efficient His Government Was Compared To This Good For Nothing Administration
Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by Onyenna(m): 10:03am On May 09, 2018
Ochibavictor:

?who told you Ebola was from monkeys?
Na man made jare.....some people don dey make billions of dollars to just make a vaccine.
They create the virus and make a lot of cash by creating a vaccine

I've also thought towards this direction but i just don't wanna believe it.... It's damn scary mehn...
Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by bizzibodi(m): 10:06am On May 09, 2018
GreatDreams:
This deadly thing is Back again? Please seal all routes to DR, no movement from there. When Patrick Sawyer spread it into Nigeria, I keep suspecting everyone, almost had heart attack when entering buses, couldn't even visit friends with ordinary menstrual pain, I locked my apartment tightly when I heard my Neighbour had fever! Pls, seal all gateways, I just can't handle the trauma.
Something must kill a woman.
Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by NairaMaster1(m): 10:52am On May 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

What is common lassa fever?

Why can't you keep your environment free of rats?

Why would you eat garri with vermin excreta?

Lazy Nigerian youth.

Illiterate/drop out northern nuisance, that has brought shame to Nigeria.

By their sentimental fruits you shall know them.
Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 09, 2018
freeze001:

If you read clearly and have a working knowledge of English grammar and tenses, you'd realise that my post was made in the present tense. WE HAVE AN INCOMPETENT AND THIEVING GOVERNMENT only good at trading blames without accepting responsibility for anything.

In the previous administration, the Ministry of Health was on top of its game in collaboration with medical personnel in affected areas hence the quick containment of the disease. That minister was a direct appointee of President Jonathan and he did his job well in that regard because he had an enlightened, conscious principal. I cannot say the same for the current batch of mistakes ranging from the president to his ministers.

I have perfect understanding of tenses. The previous administration is guilty of your claim of corruption and embezzlement.
Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by Famousqueen(f): 12:38pm On May 09, 2018
OneCorner:
Please if dz Ebola won enta Nigeria, make e no pass Biafra and aboki land oo. Na dem be strong people wey fit handle am.
grin grin
Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by freeze001(f): 1:46pm On May 09, 2018
Earthbound:

I have perfect understanding of tenses. The previous administration is guilty of your claim of corruption and embezzlement.

That is neither here nor there. I speak of today. We have idiots in office today that cannot handle an ebola outbreak if it happens. They are individually and collectively dumb!
Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by lereinter(m): 10:49pm On May 09, 2018
Esseite:
The health ministry better be proactive, let them start putting preventive measures to stop it from coming in here.

you are afraid
Re: New Outbreak Of Ebola Kills 17 In DR Congo by johnbull2017(m): 2:59pm On May 10, 2018
millhouse:
what a dull mind...kai , people like this still exist?

I would rather ignore you and believe you are just a lost dog barking. Don’t worry, you would be fine.
Quote me again!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lassa Fever Kills 16 In Ondo / China Approves Needle-Free, Inhaled Version Of COVID-19 Vaccine / What Can I Use To Restore My Menses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.