Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,204 members, 7,936,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 09:05 PM

How Your Thoughts And Emotions Affect Your Health - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Your Thoughts And Emotions Affect Your Health (335 Views)

5 Food Combinations That May Affect Your Health / Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' / How Lack Of Sleep Can Affect Your Health. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Your Thoughts And Emotions Affect Your Health by Strichie147: 3:14pm On May 16, 2018
Are you surprised that your thoughts and emotions can affect your health? I was also shocked when I learnt that the kind of things I think about and my emotions can affect my health and well-being.

Emotions and thoughts that are freely experienced and/or expressed without judgment or attachment tend to flow fluidly without impacting our health. On the other hand, repressed emotions (especially fearful or negative ones) can zap mental energy, negatively affect the body, and lead to health problems.
It's important to take note or study our thoughts and emotions and be conscious of how they affect our bodies, behaviour, and relationships.

Negative Thoughts and Emotions

Negative attitudes and feelings of helplessness and hopelessness can create chronic stress, which upsets the body's hormone balance, depletes the brain chemicals required for happiness, and damages the immune system. Chronic stress can actually reduce our lifespan. Science has proven that stress shortens our telomeres, the end caps of our DNA strands, which causes us to age more quickly than normal.

Interesting, right? Click the link below to read more.
https://onelifedoc..com.ng/2018/05/how-emotions-influence-your-health.html
Re: How Your Thoughts And Emotions Affect Your Health by ibori1(m): 3:34pm On May 16, 2018
hmmmm true talk

(1) (Reply)

Electric Air Fryer, Blusmart Power Air Frying Technology With Temperature And Ti / Science Discover: How Likely You May Contact Person's Sickness On A Plane / Fat Belly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.