Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,412 members, 7,961,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 08:01 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3656) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1900686 Views)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections -- Trump's Presidency! - NOV. 5!! / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3653) (3654) (3655) (3656) (3657) (3658) (3659) ... (4451) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 10:17pm On Feb 10, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

If America is finished or dying of falling as you all said, then Nigeria is inside Hell fire.

I see that the only thing driving some people to this thread is to see America die.

The below is currently on Nairaland front page.

Right, this thread is at times, unfortunately, comical.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by CoolUsername: 10:19pm On Feb 10, 2023
IjeBos:

This is a rather weak argument on your part. There is a huge difference when you are arguing against extra-judicial killings

And this was a legal execution??

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IMAliyu2: 10:28pm On Feb 10, 2023
benalvino3:
The white people that are making sure African Americans remain where they are... A victim mentality.
Very cucked behavior on their part.

This doesn't help African Americans in anyway, and no sane black person wants or cares for this.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IMAliyu2: 10:32pm On Feb 10, 2023
ogunprince18:
democrats are destroying usa
How so?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Enugurangers: 10:48pm On Feb 10, 2023
IjeBos:

The problem is I'm not sure Sinema wouldn't do that. Who to believe. Tough one.
Sinema only cares about her donors. Santos has no value to her.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IMAliyu2: 10:51pm On Feb 10, 2023
Sometimes republicans remind me of my fellow Northerners.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Enugurangers: 11:14pm On Feb 10, 2023
IMAliyu2:
Sometimes republicans remind me of my fellow Northerners.
Left to the Republicans, they are ready to take the US to the Stone age lol.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman1: 11:53pm On Feb 10, 2023
Biden calls Florida GOP’s plan on Social Security, Medicare 'outrageous'President Joe Biden traveled to Tampa on Thursday, highlighting his plans to protect Medicare and Social Security while claiming some Republicans want to cut the programs

Florida Republican Senator Rick Scott said he's never had a plan for Social Security or Medicare to be cut despite a proposal he made last year that would call for all federal programs to expire every five years.

However, Republican Senator Mitch McConnell slams Republican Senator Rick Scott over plan to sunset Medicare, Social Security.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 12:20am On Feb 11, 2023
benalvino3:

smiley you have people like Budaatum who supported Buhari twice on the left. It is no surprise, they support anything that destroys a nation.

Actually, buda supported the choice of the majority. Anyone who lived through Head of State Buhari knew his regime would be tough, and we Nigerians needed that lesson. He did after all call Nigerians lazy fuqs, so only the ignorant expected he'd feed them.

Only an ignorant person like you would claim the Nigeria where girls were being kidnapped and that was being looted and was about to become bankrupt would claim "GEJ corrupt but Nigeria was in shape", since intelligent people are aware you can't keep kidnapping and looting on that scale and claim to be "in shape".

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IMAliyu2: 12:21am On Feb 11, 2023
Enugurangers:

Left to the Republicans, they are ready to take the US to the Stone age lol.
Yeah I've noticed.

The Democrats are a mixed bag of some leftist progressives, rainbow corporatists and old school conservatives.

While the republicans are just straight up reactionary to the core, and wouldn't mind turning the US into a theocracy.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 12:37am On Feb 11, 2023
budaatum:

Actually, buda supported the choice of the majority. Anyone who lived through Head of State Buhari knew his regime would be tough, and we Nigerians needed that lesson. He did after all call Nigerians lazy fuqs, so only the ignorant expected he'd feed them.

Only an ignorant person like you would claim the Nigeria where girls were being kidnapped and that was being looted and was about to become bankrupt would claim "GEJ corrupt but Nigeria was in shape", since intelligent people are aware you can't keep kidnapping and looting on that scale and claim to be "in shape".

Coupled with this nonsense you just posted.
You needed the lesson of hardship... certified mumu grin
Wasn't it a hardship that you guys claimed to be running from when GEJ was voted out? How is it that you want the hardship to learn now? grin do you even know how to use your brain?

first of all, Buhari got into power through a coup, secondly, he did not finish elementary school. that's who you want to lead you?

How is the Shape of the country now?

security how far, can you compare the amount of kidnapping back then to now? How about deaths? What a shame.

Typical Leftist grin

Disgraceful.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ZooOga: 12:51am On Feb 11, 2023
Fox News parent company is sacking a few ppl. wink

News Corp. to Cut More Than 1,000 Jobs
The owner of The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones was impacted by a difficult economic environment.

BY ALEX WEPRIN

FEBRUARY 9, 2023 2:16PM

News Corp., the owner of The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones, and Australia’s Foxtel, will cut more than 1,000 jobs, citing a difficult economic environment and rising interest rates.

In the company’s fiscal Q2 earnings report, CEO Robert Thomson said that the company would shed about 5 percent of the company’s employees, or about 1,250 positions. The cuts, which will be completed by the end of the year, should save the company approximately $30 million.

“Obviously, a surge in interest rates and persistent inflation had an impact on all of our businesses, but in particular, digital real estate and book publishing, which remains a majority physical business and continues to be subject to logistical exigency,” Thomson said on the company’s earnings call. “The reforms now underway at our businesses should create a solid platform for future profitability. Crucially, we will be reducing headcount across the company by 5 percent. That is a necessary response given these macro conditions.”

And Thomson said that there would be other changes to come.

“We are absolutely focused on reducing costs across our businesses and making price adjustments where prudent,” he added.

News Corp. reported a difficult quarter, with falling earnings amid a tough ad environment. The company also acknowledged that it was still in talks to potentially sell its digital real estate unit.

Susan Panuccio, News Corp.’s CFO, told analysts that the near-term outlook also appears challenging.

“We continue to expect higher costs due to supply chain and inflationary pressures,” Panuccio said. “Advertising conditions remain challenging and visibility is limited.”

And Thomson also heaped praise on Foxtel, the Australia multichannel video provider that is in the midst of a shift to streaming…including being the home for HBO original programming.

Asked about the strategic shift at Warner Bros. Discovery, and the overall push for profits in streaming in the U.S., Thomson argued that Foxtel could be poised to benefit.

“I think we’ve spoken on past calls about the prospect of imperial overstretch among some of the U.S. entertainment companies,” Thomson said. “I think that prognostication is indeed coming to pass, and it also shows you the value of the Foxtel platform.”

“It has evolved from what you might call euphemistically ‘a complicated situation’ to a genuine opportunity, and we will be opportunistic with that opportunity,” he added.

The earnings report was the first since the proposed merger between News Corp. and Fox News was called off by Rupert Murdoch.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/news-corp-cut-more-than-1000-jobs-1235321835/

Rupert Murdoch DREW ANGERER/GETTY IMAGES

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 1:23am On Feb 11, 2023
IMAliyu2:

Yeah I've noticed.

The Democrats are a mixed bag of some leftist progressives, rainbow corporatists and old school conservatives.

While the republicans are just straight up reactionary to the core, and wouldn't mind turning the US into a theocracy.

This is false. Totally false
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman1: 2:27am On Feb 11, 2023
Lawyers for former President Donald Trump have in recent months turned over to federal investigators additional documents with classified markings as well as a laptop belonging to a Trump aide, a person familiar with the situation said Friday night.

The lawyers also provided an empty folder with classified markings, according to the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press to discuss an ongoing investigation.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 3:47am On Feb 11, 2023
CoolUsername:

And this was a legal execution??

Huh? You're regressing. The argument with Floyd is that he did _______ and therefore it somehow excuses the officers actions. But that is the point of our law system. Even murderers get to stand trial. And a lot of white murderers seem to make it to trial alive.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 4:00am On Feb 11, 2023
SlyFoxxEternity:

Dunderhead like you calling another persons argument weak. Countdown to how long before you start screaming “you have never been to America” like a fool. Juvenile dunce like you.

I see your mental institution gave you your internet privileges back. What is this your 10th new username this month? Don't you get tired? Normal single guys on a Friday night, would maybe hit the gym, maybe pregame and then go out. You, create a new username, open up a thread of a country you have never been and stalk people. And you do all of it from your tiny phone. Are you well? Serious question, Are you well? If you are not on medication, you should be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 4:14am On Feb 11, 2023
Mayor Eric Adams that's a good mayor who seem to want the good of his people

Mayor Adams accused “woke” Democrats on Wednesday of driving minority voters out of their party.

“There’s a hemorrhaging of our Latino community, our AAPI communities, that’s leaving the traditional Democratic base, because we’ve allowed the loudest and those who consider themselves to be ‘woke’ [to take charge],” Adams said in an appearance on MSNBC
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by adamusuleiman1: 4:33am On Feb 11, 2023
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (Republican Party) will apologize and has agreed to pay four agency whistleblowers a $3.3 million settlement, according to a filing with the Texas Supreme Court. The group reported suspected illegal activity by Paxton to the FBI, leading to a probe.

Texas taxpayers will pay $3.3 million to whistleblowers who reported alleged wrongdoing by their boss, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton.

It would put an end to legal battling between Mr. Paxton and his former top deputies, who in 2020 accused him of using his office illegally to interfere with a federal investigation into a campaign donor.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 5:15am On Feb 11, 2023
Next election you will vote in someone who will add to your suffer, then perhaps you will wake up and elect those who might make things easier for you, but going by all you post on here I am certain your suffer never end. In fact, I think it's only just begun, but we shall discuss that when you wail in pain in a year or two.

benalvino3:

Coupled with this nonsense you just posted.
You needed the lesson of hardship... certified mumu grin
Wasn't it a hardship that you guys claimed to be running from when GEJ was voted out? How is it that you want the hardship to learn now? grin do you even know how to use your brain?

first of all, Buhari got into power through a coup, secondly, he did not finish elementary school. that's who you want to lead you?

How is the Shape of the country now?

security how far, can you compare the amount of kidnapping back then to now? How about deaths? What a shame.

Typical Leftist grin

Disgraceful.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 6:42am On Feb 11, 2023
Enugurangers:

Sinema only cares about her donors. Santos has no value to her.

She cares about presenting this image that she can work with anyone. Like she chose to sit next to Mitt Romney during the SOTU and was pictured having dinner with Kevin McCarthy.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 6:51am On Feb 11, 2023
SlyFoxxEternity:

Dumbass. Look up the meaning of hypocrite in the dictionary. You sent this message at 4:00 am Nigerian time (10pm Boston time) on a Friday evening!!! And you have the guys to criticize me for same thing.

You see why everyone here says you lack commons sense?

Yeah, maybe you can read the definition seeing it's 5:00am Nigerian time and you are writing message after message to someone who barely responds to you. I bet 99% of everything you write has my name in it. You may want to seek help to figure out why.

The difference between you and I. I was posting while waiting for a flight. Now, posting on the flight. And I'll make sure that when I'm back in the US to post more pics of this vacation and my poverty stricken life...just for you.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IjeBos(m): 6:55am On Feb 11, 2023
SlyFoxxEternity:

Hahahahahahaha. Look at a what I found grin grin

You have been this way since 2017 “I live in America you don’t” honestly do you have any other comeback apart form this? You’re a real one-trick pony. Nobody in this world has been to America apart from you? grin grin

The slightest confrontation and the first thing that comes out of your mouth is “waaaa I live in America waaaaa you have never been here” like a primary school child.

Hahahha. You’re such an infant I swear.

Holy Sh*t. It is 6am in Nigeria and you are READING my posts from 2017? Holy Sh*t. You ARE an ABSOLUTELY f*cking Loser and Lunatic.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 7:13am On Feb 11, 2023
SlyFoxxEternity:

Hahahahahahaha. Look at a what I found grin grin

You have been this way since 2017 “I live in America you don’t” honestly do you have any other comeback apart form this? You’re a real one-trick pony. Nobody in this world has been to America apart from you? grin grin

The slightest confrontation and the first thing that comes out of your mouth is “waaaa I live in America waaaaa you have never been here” like a primary school child.

Hahahha. You’re such an infant I swear.

Leave cuck alone before he gets another mental breakdown.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3653) (3654) (3655) (3656) (3657) (3658) (3659) ... (4451) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: Hyperchi(m), Obrigardo and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.