Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,128 members, 7,936,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 02:50 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (4273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1853033 Views)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections -- Trump's Presidency! - NOV. 5!! / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4270) (4271) (4272) (4273) (4274) (4275) (4276) ... (4370) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 5:46pm On Jul 26
IMAliyu:

Update, guess I was likely wrong about the legitimacy of the leak,
However the Streisand effect Twitter caused with how they handled this is noteworthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMEKwpCsaDQ?si=5wdZ7danGrcn533u

I still stand by my other point on Elon and the rightwing tho.

Now this is also Kamala supporting the defund Police movement

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/26/politics/kfile-kamala-harris-praised-defund-the-police-movement-in-june-2020/index.html
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 5:51pm On Jul 26
Amujale:

Meaning that she did will her assets to her only daughter, why wouldn't she?

No she did not will her assets to her only daughter!

Come on man! Read below you even admitting it yourself. Or are the "most prized asset" not the bulk of her assets?

Amujale:

She did will her assets to her daughter, its just that the most prized asset is the "charitable trust" that is meant for the education of kids.

Read the below. It clearly states what was left to the daughter and what wasn't.

budaatum:

A pdf of the settlement:
https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/charities/estate-of-nina-simone-settlement.pdf

The fact they didn't exactly get along much might explain why Simone left her most prized assets to a trust for the education of kids and not to her own daughter.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/oct/05/lisa-simone-on-loving-and-fearing-her-mother-nina-on-my-16th-she-cursed-the-day-i-was-born
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Amujale(m): 5:56pm On Jul 26
budaatum:

No she did not will her assets to her only daughter!

I wasn't referring to here most prized assets here, i merely was refferring to other assets thats the reason i took the time to stressed that.

Eitherway, you can have that.

Thats not the point, is it?

The point is Lisa Simone is the only daughter of an African American treasure who was done dirty by team Harris.

This is the crux of the matter.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 5:56pm On Jul 26
Amujale:

The whole point of this is for you to provide a reasonable explanation for why anyone dispossess an African American assets so as to award a Recording Studio?

First, the most prized assets were not left to her daughter, so your "dispossess" is null and void, since you can't be disposed of what isn't yours.

Second, her daughter mismanaged the trust and was rightfully stripped of managing the trust, regardless of her being African American.

As to whom it was handed to to manage it, did you have someone else in mind?
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 5:59pm On Jul 26
Amujale:

I wasn't referring to here most prized assets here, i merely was refferring to other assets thats the reason i took the time to stressed that.

The only assets that Nina Simone's daughter was stripped of (managing) were her most prized assets which were willed to a trust.

Kelly Simone was willed assets in her own right that she was never stripped of.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Amujale(m): 6:00pm On Jul 26
budaatum:

First, the most prized assets were not left to her daughter, so your "dispossess" is null and void, since you can't be disposed of what isn't yours...

You're completely and utterly incorrect.

Lisa Simone Kelly was left in control of all those assets as of 2013, therefore, yes, she was, unceremoniously dispossessed.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Amujale(m): 6:06pm On Jul 26
budaatum:

As to whom it was handed to to manage it, did you have someone else in mind?

Yes, anyone in the Simone family.

Definitely not a Recording Studio.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by sanpipita(m): 6:12pm On Jul 26
Bidenomics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Amujale(m): 6:13pm On Jul 26
budaatum:

Second, her daughter mismanaged the trust and was rightfully stripped of managing the trust, regardless of her being African American.

Eventhough, i wholeheartedly agree with the logic here, under no condition should those assets have been allowed to leave the hands of the African American community, if they couldn't trust the Simone family, there are various options they could have considered that wouldn't have been as draconian as the one they seem to have gone with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Amujale(m): 6:17pm On Jul 26
budaatum:

Kelly Simone was willed assets in her own right that she was never stripped of.

This is very true, however, that doesn't make what they did any better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 6:19pm On Jul 26
Amujale:

Yes, anyone in the Simone family.

Definitely not a Recording Studio.

It was not given to a recording studio! And there's no reason why the trust should have been handed to a family member when Nina herself had handed it over to Mariam Makeba, a non-family member.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 6:23pm On Jul 26
Amujale:

This is very true, however, that doesn't make what they did any better.

Now, this is a very different argument, and has moved us along somewhat.

If Nina Simone's daughter was found to have been mismanaging the trust set up to educate African children, my position is she must rightfully be stripped of trusteeship.

What's left to argue now is if she was mismanaging the trust or not.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 6:28pm On Jul 26
Amujale:

Eventhough, i wholeheartedly agree with the logic here, under no condition should those assets have been allowed to leave the hands of the African American community, if they couldn't trust the Simone family, there are various options they could have considered that wouldn't have been as draconian as the one they seem to have gone with.

This view (bold) I don't share. Though I can be manipulated to agree with you.

It is my view that the trust should be managed competently. Race, skin colour, etc should have nothing to do with who's chosen.

But then, Yoruba me is Obidient, so there.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 6:33pm On Jul 26
Amujale:

You're completely and utterly incorrect.

Lisa Simone Kelly was left in control of all those assets as of 2013, therefore, yes, she was, unceremoniously dispossessed.

Not "control". "Control" implies Lisa decides what the trust's assets are used for, which is not the case, as the trust was set up for the specific purpose of educating African children.

'Manage', would be a more appropriate word, and she was 'found' to have mismanaged.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Amujale(m): 6:33pm On Jul 26
budaatum:

It was not given to a recording studio! And there's no reason why the trust should have been handed to a family member when Nina herself had handed it over to Mariam Makeba, a non-family member.

Nina Simone's assets in question was
awarded to Sony and San Pasqual Fiduciary Trust Company and no, it wasn't awarded to Miriam Makeba as you accurately expressed; leaving her prized assets in the care of Miriam Mekamba was indeed Nina Simone's wishes.

Assuming, they did that, i dont think anyone would have anything else to say. That would be closure on those matters.

However, they didn't, and chose to award it to a Recording Studio.

This is what was alluding to from the jump.

Those assets ought to have remained in the African American community precisely where they belong.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 6:48pm On Jul 26
Amujale:

Nina Simone's assets in question was
awarded to Sony and San Pasqual Fiduciary Trust Company and no, it wasn't awarded to Miriam Makeba as you accurately expressed; leaving her prized assets in the care of Miriam Mekamba was indeed Nina Simone's wishes.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/22/kamala-harris-nina-simone-estate-daughter-granddaughter-beef-will-trust/

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:07pm On Jul 26
ijebosb:
Seems the FBI may have doubts if Trump was actually hit with the bullet.

So no bullets were fired at him. He lost 2 centimeters of his ear.
Shooter fired 8 bullet.
Are you dumb, stupid, mongoloid, idiotic or all of the sbove

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IMAliyu(m): 7:11pm On Jul 26
raumdeuter:

Now this is also Kamala supporting the defund Police movement

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/26/politics/kfile-kamala-harris-praised-defund-the-police-movement-in-june-2020/index.html

Already aware of her position on defund the police.
While I agree with her here, these are leftists positions. A question is on if the average voter agrees with her?
My guess is that the average voter is more likely to be against the "defund police" movement, as "defund the police" is a dumb name and bad optics for a movement, even if I agree with the positions.

So the Trump campaign has legit ammo on her here.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 7:14pm On Jul 26
Amujale:

You aren't going to insult you way out of this one.

Receive sense into your viscera.

Are you going to answer my question?

Kamila herself said she was of East Indian origin, you are claiming she's African American.

Furthermore, you aren't aware of the East Indian culture, im aware of their culture and they completely claim their mothers side, it happens almost everytime.

That would mean that Kamala's dad would've identify as East Indian.

Now are you able to appreciate the absolute facts?

Therefore, you can cease all those false narratives and nonsensical slurs that you're emmiting here.

You are incorrect on so many levels.

Your writing is so forced.

I've answered you. Go reread my replies and think about them.
I'd like to believe you'll eventually get that "aha" moment,

You should go disturb Budatuum.
He is more patient with this stuff than I.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 7:16pm On Jul 26
IMAliyu:

While I agree with her here, these are leftists positions. A question is on if the average voter agrees with her?
My guess is that the average voter is more likely to be against the "defund police" movement, as "defund the police" is a dumb name and bad optics for a movement, even if I agree with the positions.

Kamala is a leftist, an extreme one.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 7:18pm On Jul 26
ijebosb:

Your writing is so forced.

I've answered you. Go reread my replies and think about them.
I'd like to believe you'll eventually get that "aha" moment,

Professional notice me grin
you are tired of mentioning Basilico and me, now you want Budaatum. Try not to drag people into your temper tantrums unnecessarily.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SpaceX: 7:22pm On Jul 26
sanpipita:
Bidenomics.
what am I reading?? Obama made USA to loose its factories to china and Trump who believe in America first brought all these factories back. And here we have Biden taking all the credit. It's a shameful attitude. Party filled with crooks. May God save us from Demon-crats.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 7:25pm On Jul 26
basilico:

So no bullets were fired at him.

So, because a bullet was fired, it means he was hit?
Did you see him get hit?
Only idiots think like you.

basilico:

He lost 2 centimeters of his ear.
Show me the doctor's report (and Ronny Jackson isn't a licensed doctor and isn't the one who treated him)
Show me a pic of his ear that shows that.

This is what the FBI does. In order to write their report they have to have all the information. They would have already went over the crime scene. I'm assuming there is doubt because they've already mapped the trajectory of the bullets and the FBI thinks it may be implausible that Trump was hit by a bullet.

The question is why Trump hasn't already sat down for an interview and released his medical report to the Public.
And unless Trump saw the bullet, how would he know it was a bullet that hit him?

basilico:

Are you dumb, stupid, mongoloid, idiotic or all of the sbove
These are all things you should be asking yourself.
Might help you figure out why you are repeatedly and thoroughly fooled by the same nincompoops.

Fyi, I don't really care for your answer on any of these.
Just want to show you the questions my mind asks vs. yours.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 7:26pm On Jul 26
SpaceX:
what am I reading?? Obama made USA to loose its factories to china and Trump who believe in America first brought all these factories back. And here we have Biden taking all the credit. It's a shameful attitude. Party filled with crooks. May God save us from Demon-crats.

Show me a stat on any of this.
Don't look too hard you won't be able to find it as it doesn't exsit.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 7:34pm On Jul 26
ijebosb:

So, because a bullet was fired, it means he was hit?
Did you see him get hit?
Only idiots think like you.

Show me the doctor's report (and Ronny Jackson isn't a licensed doctor and isn't the one who treated him)
Show me a pic of his ear that shows that.

This is what the FBI does. In order to write their report they have to have all the information. They would have already went over the crime scene. I'm assuming there is doubt because they've already mapped the trajectory of the bullets and the FBI thinks it may be implausible that Trump was hit by a bullet.

The question is why Trump hasn't already sat down for an interview and released his medical report to the Public.
And unless Trump saw the bullet, how would he know it was a bullet that hit him?

These are all things you should be asking yourself.
Might help you figure out why you are repeatedly and thoroughly fooled by the same nincompoops.

Fyi, I don't really care for your answer on any of these.
Just want to show you the questions my mind asks vs. yours.

We are sure the guy who died was faking his death too. No bullet touched him.
Clown, Watch this to know how Trump got his wound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW7piQ_vOqk

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 7:35pm On Jul 26
ijebosb:

While I'll willingly ignore you misspelling my moniker, I would rather you not misgender buda.

budaatum:
“Hello. My name is buda. My pronouns are ‘they, theirs, and them.’”

Thanks in advance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by SpaceX: 7:47pm On Jul 26
scamala a failed and incompetent vp wants to put her claws in the oval office, it will never happen. We need a sharp and charismatic leader to navigate the presidency, rule with honour and dignity. To be respected by all nations and make the world a safe and better place to live. Scamala is a selfish human being with no single child to call her own and you want us to take her seriously. If she can't perform a simple job as child bearing then how on earth will she be able to perform a tough job like the presidency. Scamala is for the establishment with nothing to offer the world, up till this moment scamala has no manifesto, no vision or plan. I sometimes wonder who is pushing and lying to her that she is capable to lead the country. Her only idea is to convince her sycophants with race and gender to vote for her. How can someone be this stup*d ? Who are those falling for this bullsh*t? Can't you smell incompetence oozing away from her? People need to wake up!!!

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by raumdeuter: 8:07pm On Jul 26
IMAliyu:

Which shows she's an extreme leftist the type Americans need to be wary of and avoid

We can see how the cities who employed those tactics fared

Obama had to warn against such dumb rhetoric promoted by Harris and co
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 8:46pm On Jul 26
budaatum:

While I'll willingly ignore you misspelling my moniker, I would rather you not misgender buda.

Thanks in advance.

Wasn't a purposeful misspelling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 9:00pm On Jul 26
IMAliyu:

She's not wrong here and we as a American Society shouldn't be scared of reimagining what policing looks like.

I remember a black kid being shot in Boston after the family called looking for support for their mentally ill child. They called the police and the police came and shot and killed him. There should have been a better way to de escalate that situation.

Defund the police is an unfortunate slogan, but those who cared, have read about it and understand the meaning behind it.

The problem with MAGA is that they can't understand things longer than a slogan. So everything is just whether you agree with a slogan or not. So all the hard problems we have in the US can't be solved because they are more complex than can fit on a bumper sticker.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IMAliyu2: 9:49pm On Jul 26
raumdeuter:

Which shows she's an extreme leftist the type Americans need to be wary of and avoid

We can see how the cities who employed those tactics fared

Obama had to warn against such dumb rhetoric promoted by Harris and co
If by extreme leftists you mean being extremely progressive on social issues, and wants to regulate corporations, then I might agree on that, but it seems we are operating on different definitions of what an "extreme leftist" is.

Kamala is still a liberal with some leftist positions, she's still to the right of Bernie Sanders, but I guess to the rightwing that is the same as being the second incarnation of Lenin.
A leftist is a bit hard to define, but a fundamental unifying idea between all leftists is a Marxist analytical framework and Anti-capitalism, else that person is mostly just a progressive liberal.

Note: Bernie Sanders is ideologically a Social Democrat. Not a socialist or a communist.

What cities in particular applied such leftist policies (like 'defund the police')?
And what was their outcome?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4270) (4271) (4272) (4273) (4274) (4275) (4276) ... (4370) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: SpaceX, budaatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.